Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Hard to start & white smoke from exhaust

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    2009 A6 APR Stage 2, Super Sprint exhaust

Fearing the worst. Both times this happened, my car hadn't been driven for 4 days.

Friday of Memorial Day weekend:**First and second attempts to start the car result in electrical humming sound but no turning over. Starts on the third attempt and was fine starting/stopping/driving all weekend. Parked back home the following Wednesday and didn't use it until yesterday (Sunday). Exact same issue trying to start the the car, starts fine on the 3rd try and everything seems okay until I drive forward and then I get a lot of white smoke coming out of both exhaust pipes that smells like something is burning.*

I understand the white smoke usually means the head gasket is blown but what about the issue starting? Could this be something else?*

​​​​​​​Thanks!

Established Member Two Rings juniorcruzer's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Suburban

try to smell the exhaust smoke...if it is sweet smelling it is coolant, if it is bitter smelling it is oil.

As for the starting on the third try...not sure....when was the battery last replaced?

Jon
    2010 S4 3.0T, chipwerks stage I
    2010 A6 3.0T, APR Stage 2+, Roc Euro Intake, VMR V710 18x9.5 HyperSilver, 30% tint, A3 clear marker lights, LED Reverse lights, RS6 Grill

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

OBD2 code P0303 cylinder 3 misfire. Appears I am low on coolant as well as engine oil. I smelled the exhaust and it does smell similar to the coolant. The car did start right up today without issue. I had the battery replaced a couple of months ago. I slid on Ice through an intersection in December and had to have a few Wheels replaced. I doubt that has any bearing though.

Established Member Two Rings juniorcruzer's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Suburban

then I would be leaning towards the coolant chargers in the super charger, being it is only one cylinder. I have a used one I can send you that has no leaks.

I'm still unsure on the difficulty starting yet...other than maybe a loose batter cable from when it was replaced

Jon
    2010 S4 3.0T, chipwerks stage I
    2010 A6 3.0T, APR Stage 2+, Roc Euro Intake, VMR V710 18x9.5 HyperSilver, 30% tint, A3 clear marker lights, LED Reverse lights, RS6 Grill