Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: Bucking

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 Saab 93

Bucking

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Picked up my new Prestige and I have noticed a few times when driving on the interstate that the car bucks at lower speed (between 15 and 25 mph or so). Anyone else have that happen? I am only at 300 miles on it. I have bought fuel once and put in 92oct. No CEL.

Established Member Two Rings electron bom's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B9 S4 EVO IX

I believe I may have experienced what you've described. However, I would refer to it as a hesitation. In these instances (when no gear change is occuring): I depress the accelerator and the vehicle begins to accelerate. Then, for a brief moment, acceleration is zero all while my foot is applying a consistant pressure on the accelerator pedal. I've observed this to happen around the same speed, 10-30mph. Does this sound like the phenomenon you're experiencing?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 Saab 93

Yeah sounds similar, although I thought it was more like a bucking, you can feel it start and stop repeatedly quickly. Maybe more like a misfire in a way?

Established Member Two Rings electron bom's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B9 S4 EVO IX

It does feel similar to a misfire, or like the ECU is pulling timing.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Replicate at dealership.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 Saab 93

Hard to make it happen. It just does.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jmcgeejr View Post
    Picked up my new Prestige and I have noticed a few times when driving on the interstate that the car bucks at lower speed (between 15 and 25 mph or so). Anyone else have that happen? I am only at 300 miles on it. I have bought fuel once and put in 92oct. No CEL.
    Yes this happens to me once in awhile but at a higher constant speed of 65-75 mph it feels like the fuel is cutting off for a second or misfiring I guess.. have thought about bringing to dealer but I know it will be hard to duplicate maybe they can check for codes though. No check engine light but maybe still codes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I had this happen to me the first time the other night. Mine happeneded under a complete different circumstance though. I was cruising through the parking lot in Dynamic/Manual at around 5 mph and gave it moderate throttle say 30-40%. It bucked like someone who let up on the clutch too fast in a manual car. Might have went over a speed bump before throttle and this was enough to upset the balance of the car and introduce some “hop” in it but not sure. Might have just been a fluke but want to try and replicate it again.

Let me clariify it was at the back of a parking lot at 11pm with most places closed and no one around. I wasn’t driving like an asshat with people around during busy business hours

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 Saab 93

Quote Originally Posted by -LoneStar- View Post
    I had this happen to me the first time the other night. Mine happeneded under a complete different circumstance though. I was cruising through the parking lot in Dynamic/Manual at around 5 mph and gave it moderate throttle say 30-40%. It bucked like someone who let up on the clutch too fast in a manual car. Might have went over a speed bump before throttle and this was enough to upset the balance of the car and introduce some “hop” in it but not sure. Might have just been a fluke but want to try and replicate it again.

Let me clariify it was at the back of a parking lot at 11pm with most places closed and no one around. I wasn’t driving like an asshat with people around during busy business hours
    Yep, that's what it feels like. I have had the car about 2 weeks (just under) and it's happened a couple times.