Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Low mileage K03's or decently priced K04's

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I'm in the process of cleaning up a 'new to me' 2.7 engine that honestly, is not in the best shape. In fact, it's horrible and needs lots of work.
    Point being, I simply want to get the car running and the k03's the engine came with are dead and I don't want to swap over my 198K miles K03's.

So is anyone selling their low mileage k03's or K04's that are in good shape?

Let me know.
    Thanks.

AZ Member #

Anyone?

Veteran Member Four Rings 02 A6 2.7T's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Too much crap

Quote Originally Posted by SoundEfx View Post
    I'm in the process of cleaning up a 'new to me' 2.7 engine that honestly, is not in the best shape. In fact, it's horrible and needs lots of work.
    Point being, I simply want to get the car running and the k03's the engine came with are dead and I don't want to swap over my 198K miles K03's.

So is anyone selling their low mileage k03's or K04's that are in good shape?

Let me know.
    Thanks.
    May be worth picking up a pair of eBay knock-off turbos ($400) versus taking a chance on a used set ...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Twin-Turbo-...gAAOSwCGha1l0P
    2002 A6 2.7T - 6MT Crystal Blue APR Stage 1
    2002 S6 - 6 MT Black/black
    **SOLD ** 2002 allroad 2.7T 6MT

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 02 A6 2.7T View Post
    May be worth picking up a pair of eBay knock-off turbos ($400) versus taking a chance on a used set ...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Twin-Turbo-...gAAOSwCGha1l0P
    Honestly, cheap ebay turbos did cross my mind as all I want is to get the car running again. But I am also reading threads of people doing the same thing and the seals failing after 1000 miles or the turbo whislting after 100, etc. etc.
    But thanks for the suggestions. As time goes by, who knows, I might just go this route seeing that I now know how to pull the engine.

Forum Moderator Four Rings Gumby's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    01 allroad, 01.5 A4 TQM, 06 Triumph Daytona 675, 14' Aprilia Dorsoduro 750
    Items for Sale

Where are you located? I have a set of brand new RP ko4ís Iíve had sitting around for probably five years.
    -Matt-
    B5 S4, B5 A4 Moderator

2001 static, 6mt swapped, stage 3 allroad on a diet
    2871r'd 2001 A4 1.8t - daily/race car Build thread

You may think I'm not online. But I'm always here. Even if I'm not posting. I'm always here. Scrolling. Judging.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    Where are you located? I have a set of brand new RP ko4ís Iíve had sitting around for probably five years.
    I'm in Redmond, but I don't mind driving.

I don't mean to knock your offer in any way, but aren't RP K04's frowned upon?
    Also, do you have the cold side hardware?

Veteran Member Four Rings 02 A6 2.7T's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Too much crap

Quote Originally Posted by SoundEfx View Post
    Honestly, cheap ebay turbos did cross my mind as all I want is to get the car running again. But I am also reading threads of people doing the same thing and the seals failing after 1000 miles or the turbo whislting after 100, etc. etc.
    But thanks for the suggestions. As time goes by, who knows, I might just go this route seeing that I now know how to pull the engine.
    Another option is to replace the cartridges Ö as long as the housings and waste gate components are intact Ö $225 each at RA ("Manufactured and assembled in North America", per their website):
    https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...sn=426&jsn=426
    2002 A6 2.7T - 6MT Crystal Blue APR Stage 1
    2002 S6 - 6 MT Black/black
    **SOLD ** 2002 allroad 2.7T 6MT

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 02 A6 2.7T View Post
    Another option is to replace the cartridges Ö as long as the housings and waste gate components are intact Ö $225 each at RA ("Manufactured and assembled in North America", per their website):
    https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...sn=426&jsn=426
    Thanks for the references and links.
    What's funny is that I think that the 'while it's out' sink hole got me because I'm now thinking, why put in k03s, might as well go k04s. But if I have to get new piping, I might as well get better turbos like the Tual 605's.

DAMN!!!!!!!

So I'm now looking for a complete k04 or comparable kit..... (facepalm).