Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    The other piece I feel as well is that newer cars arenít built with the same quality. Since owning the s4 Iíve had an e46 m3, e93 m3 and now we have a sq5. I love the M cars but cars keep getting larger which is partially why I feel everyone loves the b5. Itís the right size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Three Rings ElementR's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '07 Volvo S60R EFR 7163 Turbo, '93 Mustang Cobra Twin Turbo 347cid, '01 B5 S4 Tial 605's

^ yep and RS3 is probably the best replacement if you had to have something similar and new. Granted a different animal with the DCT.
    2001 Silver/Black S4, Built engine (RPM rods, ARP hardware, Mahle pistons, Supertech valvetrain, etc), Tial 605's @25psi on 93 oct, JHM FMIC, JHM full trans rebuilt/upgrade, 3" SS dp + CBE, Vast intake + bipipes + tune, ST Coilovers, Hotchkis Swaybars, RS4 wheels and interior goodies.

Veteran Member Four Rings S4 00 2.7's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 F30

Quote Originally Posted by Kruat View Post
    I regretted selling my 99.5 A4, K04 W/GIAC p16 file (that was the shit back then) and all supporting mods. Sold it to a friend who promptly trashed it. Missed it so much, within 6 months bought my Casa S4. This was in 2006. Won't let the S4 leave for nothing. I get fed up with it at times, and just park ot for awhile. Then fall in love with it again. Circle of B5 life I guess.

Old pic of the B5, before fmic.
    Quote Originally Posted by auditechnik View Post
    I owned my Ď01.5 S4 6MT since it was new. I special ordered it and waited 3 months. It arrived in November 2000 with only 18 miles on the odo.

Itís been a love affair ever since, and endured the test of time. It treats me well, providing practicality, sport, comfort and safety like few others could, and is still one of the best looking Audis in my opinion. Everything is just so ďrightĒ about it, from any angle, inside and out. Yet itís also stealthy, only those of us ďin the knowĒ would recognize this car as what it is.

I take good care of it, now with 168K miles, it still puts a smile on my face everyday I drive it. Yes, itís my daily driver, and has (for the most part) been reliable. I have some mods on it, APR stage 1 software, coilovers, brake upgrades, RNS-E navi/radio/Bluetooth and a bunch of lighting and electronics upgrades.

I owned other cars in the past and present, including several Audis. But no other car makes me feel the way I do about the B5 S4. I will never let this car go.

nice b5's guys!

+1 mine will never go

Sent from Sony mobile

| Autospeed | tt downpipes | FSI coils | Rear anti-sway bar | metal end links | AWE | UUC | ST | JHM | Pure MS | 034

2003 Z06 blk/blk (Sold)

operation #savejauri, please send monies

RIP Daz

Senior Member Two Rings ElSnake's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    01 Tial 605'd Audi S4 / B5 Audi A4 Avant BT / 17 Tacoma DCLB TRD 4x4

I haven't been without a B5 since I was 19 I'm 29 now and this is sad and a little over dramatic. But life hasn't been the same since I totalled my first Silver A4 BTQM in my early 20's. Which was a really nice bolt on stage 3 with S4 appearance I built in my parents garage. It just brought me absolute joy. It was just a fun time in my life.

Right after I totalled the A4 and Before insurance was able to pick up the car I swapped everything to an Avant. Which was fun but I never quite had the funds to "finish it" to the level of my silver A4 and as much as I wanted to justify just dumping money into it, it would break down. So I did the logical thing and bought an S4 which was a blast! *And of course the inevitable happens and I had two B5'S broken down. Finally life and wife had me buy a TOYOTA!! AND I SOLD THE S4. still sad I sold it but it was the right choice for me and my family.

The Toyota I bought isn't that bad hahaha it's a 17' Tacoma DOUBLE CAB TRD OFF ROAD 4X4 LONG BED. *I have a new born daughter and a house to pay now. And the truck is something I plan to build and take the kids outdoors and camping with in the future.

Meanwhile the Avant stays at my parents just as I left it years ago. I so *badly want to take it where I wanted to all those years ago! RS4 HAS BEEN A DREAM! Now I have burdened my parents with that eyesore long enough so I'll be bringing it to my house and maybe I'll get it running again.

It's funny but I feel like I'm just a young guy that will grow old and have that ďbarn findĒ we see on TV shows. Where the old man hasn't touched his car in decades. Hahah but if it's not this Avant I'll be back in one one day maybe while everyone's flying around Jetsons style. I'll be blowing smoke out the old B5!!

Anyway to reply to the OP I would give it some time to see if the B8 gives you what the b5 does or more. But as others have mentioned if LOVE your B5 then hold onto it if you can you might not get another chance or it might just not be the same.

Sorry for the thread jack but I came on audizine to kill some time and came across this and had to get this off my chest.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Audizine mobile app
    1.8T Eliminator GT2871 Unitronic 630 Injectors Racetec Intercooler 2.5 Borla Exhaust Spec Stage 4 W/LWFW Forge DV BBS CH Reps ST Coils Carbon Fiber Hood & Trunk and lots more.

Veteran Member Four Rings MacDaddy's Avatar
    AZ Member #

$2000? Not even worth selling, and i wouldnt waste the money on the b8 either.

To answer your question, yes you will regret it.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1 busted ass S4

Jesus, cancel that auction. Gut feeling it will be purchased by some kid and thrashed.

I feel like ill be keeping mine forever at this point. Though as my primary daily driver, I wish there was some kind of econo mode I could flip a switch for.

Senior Member Three Rings insomniacxp1's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    01.5 B5 S4

B5 for life, I'm never getting rid of mine. Too many reasons to list. It has just been so damn good to me.
    01.5 Imola S4. Stage 3 F21's/To much to list

Veteran Member Four Rings rtl5009's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I do not regret selling my b5 whatsoever. That car was a nightmare.
    2001.5 b5s4 built bottom stg3 on E - Sold
    2013 B8.5 S4 stage 2 DP

Active Member Two Rings jjanssen69's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have debated on selling mine over the past month. I blew my motor (self inflicted damage) and kind of thought this would be the end of the car. I didn't think I could come up with the money to fix what needed to be fixed aka a new motor since building it is not in my budget. I am beyond excited to get the car back and be able to drive it. There is something about the B5 platform that I along with a lot of other people on this forum, love about them. Yes, the cost a lot to fix and need a lot since they are all almost 20 year old cars but they are an absolute joy to drive. Do not think I will ever get rid of mine.

Veteran Member Three Rings VR6Bomber's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I still remember the first B5S4 that I saw in person when it was new, my jaw dropped.
    Now these b8, b9 s4's, I walk right past without a second look. They are meh..boring

Veteran Member Four Rings MacDaddy's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by rtl5009 View Post
    I do not regret selling my b5 whatsoever. That car was a nightmare.
    Yet you still here, we all know you lieing 😅

Veteran Member Three Rings Tjtalan's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    01.5 S4 Stage lll 6speed. 01A4 1.8TQ 5speed.

Me!

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    08 A4 Avant, 05 Silver S4 2.7t swap

Seriously considering buying my old one back.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

The newer S4s make the B5 feel like a Miata with AWD. You just feel so much closer to road in a B5. Newer models are quieter, faster, safer, etc, but you are so isolated from the road in those ones.

Veteran Member Four Rings Tiluleshpingen's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    97 AS4 ,08 A5 MKVI Jetta

Quote Originally Posted by A4Qwattro View Post
    The newer S4s make the B5 feel like a Miata with AWD. You just feel so much closer to road in a B5. Newer models are quieter, faster, safer, etc, but you are so isolated from the road in those ones.
    i donno about THAT
    GIAC-X, STASIS TS,VAST,034 MS

Active Member Two Rings DallasV_218's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by j753k View Post
    So I recently picked up a B8.5 and have decided to let the B5 go.. Am I going to regret this? These cars seem to be getting rare, especially a black on black 6 speed..

Its torture knowing the auction will be over in 4 days and the car will be gone for cheap. :(

If anyone is interested here is the link.. maybe ill buy another one someday.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Audi-S...MAAOSwIM9bCd2E
    I bought a 2015 s4 black on black dsg, quickly went dual pulley stage 2, I kept it for about 3-4 months before I sold it for a b5 just not the same car very nice daily but not much personality

Veteran Member Three Rings audinutt's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 A8l 2001 A4TQM Avant

Always loved my B5.. granted I switched to a D2 S8 but they are the same era car and they drive similar if that makes sense. I still think Audi made the best cars ever between 1998 and 2001.

I rented a silvercar car a4 and it was by far the most disappointing experience in my life. I felt completely disconnected from the road absolutely no steering feedback just overall terrible car for a driver it felt like a Camry

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
    98.5 A4 1.8T

Senior Member Three Rings B501S4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    01.5 B5S4 Stg III RS6's Built Longblock, Cherokee Classic 4x4

Had my sedan from Ď06 thru just a few months ago. Granted I swapped the built motor and all other goodies to the Avant, something sentimental about my first S4. Probably unjustifiable to have two B5ís anyway. I am definitely not out of the B5 scene, and will be driving this daddy wagon until the wheels fall off.

IMG_0715.JPG

Senior Member Three Rings audi-hammer's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Have you not seen all the "I'm back" threads, literally 90% of b5 guys come back. But if you don't love your b5 s4 it isnt worth staying with as they are a PIA
    Silvia = 02 s4 stageIII

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Tiluleshpingen View Post
    i donno about THAT
    lol!! I wasn't thinking about you Stage 3 crazies .

Veteran Member Four Rings Yuppie's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    S4 Sedan, S4 Avant, IS300 SportCross Wagon, B7 A4 S-Line Cab, Camry

Quote Originally Posted by audi-hammer View Post
    Have you not seen all the "I'm back" threads, literally 90% of b5 guys come back. But if you don't love your b5 s4 it isnt worth staying with as they are a PIA

I strongly dislike these cars and would never come back to them.
    2001 S4 Silver Sedan Built 2.7 Tial 770-Current
    2001.5 S4 Silver Avant Stage 3-Current
    2001.5 S4 Casablanca Sedan Stage 3-Current
    2002 S4 Pearl White Avant Stock--SOLD
    2000 S4 Nogaro Sedan EPL Stage III--SOLD
    2000 S4 Brilliant Black Sedan MTM Stage III--SOLD
    2001.5 Nogaro Sedan JFonz Tune Franken F21s--SOLD
    2001.5 Nogaro Sedan AWE Stage III--SOLD
    2001 Brilliant Black Sedan S4-K04/Rs6 Hybrid custom tuned Vast--SOLD

Veteran Member Four Rings christianb5s4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

^Good one Yuppie.

Imola 2001 Stage 3 S4: 312K - 2.4sec FATs - Completely Refreshed/Built Motor - SRM K24s w/ Custom Turbosmart wastegates - Clutchmasters Stage 4 - Etspec - Cinesnow WG/Oil Lines - SRM V3 Intercoolers - AA built trans - 4:1 Diff - JHM Trio - 034 - H&R Coilovers - FCP - Bosch Motorsports - OZ Racing - SRM/SSAC exhaust - Tons of New OEM parts

2009 C6.5 A6 3.0T Prestige - stock, daily driver

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by christianb5s4 View Post
    ^Good one Yuppie.

Haha. Audi-hammer is aware of my line up. I donít recommend anyone following what I do. Such a waste of money and stress.

Veteran Member Three Rings zatch_303's Avatar
    AZ Member #

LoL just look at his sig and /thread
    // 2001 Volcano Black B5 A4 Avant 1.8TQM - Past
    // 2001.5 Pearl White B5 S4 Sedan 6MT

Veteran Member Four Rings AudiSportB5S4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2000 S4

I sold mine 4 years ago and the guy I sold it to needed to get rid of it 6 months later because he was having a baby so I bought it back and I have since not let it go again. That my friends is called fate. . I've owned it now since March 2007, with a 6 month hiatus around 4 years ago.

When I did sell it though I didn't really feel much remorse, and I don't think if it came back to me the way it did I would have gone down the path of another S4 build. I'll surely never modify another car to this extent so I feel I need to keep it as my garage car for as long as I can. Still runs unbelievably strong and I still enjoy it each time I drive it.
    Piggie Powered Stage 3 B5 S4 | Videos

Veteran Member Four Rings Tiluleshpingen's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    97 AS4 ,08 A5 MKVI Jetta

Quote Originally Posted by Yuppie View Post
    I strongly dislike these cars and would never come back to them.
    HAHAHAHA.. your sig!!
    GIAC-X, STASIS TS,VAST,034 MS

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tiluleshpingen View Post
    HAHAHAHA.. your sig!!
    Haha. I have couple more 2.7Ts than it says in my signature. However I think Iím done after I downsize, Iíll keep one for sure maybe two.

Veteran Member Three Rings dubzackvr6's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MkVI GLI.

Meh.
    I've had 3 S4's. I've loved having them, but hated having to explain their quirks to non-car people (Read Everyone else on earth).

I took a break from Audis for a few years and daily'd a few different pick-ups.

Now have a 2.7 Allroad as my dog/baby hauler. It's making me miss certain things about my S4's, but honestly, I can't say I'm in a hurry to buy another B5.

Next one will be a B8.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi S4 / Kawi ZX6R / 06 F150 SCREW / 09 997.2 C2S

I regret selling mine everyday...

I am an Original owner of the car, so I know everything that has happened to her since Mile 3 when it was delivered back in 2000. The car has been a dream. Not only has she gotten me to anywhere I wanted to go, but she has always gotten me back. She may have sputtered and threw a fit a few times. Okay, a lot of times, but like any good woman, keep her and maybe do a few upgrades. ;)

Then I woke up and realized that the car is still in the garage and I never sold her. I dont think I ever could. Besides, not sure what taking 10% of the original purchase price would do to my mental well being.
    2000 Audi S4 - 6MT Sedan /Briliant Black / BlackNBlue /18" B7 RS4 /Stasis Street Sports / Neuspeed 19mm Rear Sway / GIAC X / UUC SS @ 40% / ForgeDV / APR BiPipe / etc. / etc.

I.C.E.
    Front: Diamond Audio s500s
    Rear: Adire Koda 6
    Sub: 1 IDQ 10
    AMP: Hifonics Zues 5Channel

Established Member Two Rings QS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Corvette 1994 Black Rose 6 speed LT1

2000 Santorin Blue S4 Memories

DSC00483.jpg

Rust and repairs were becoming too much a part of the later years. It was a great twelve years though!
    I don't regret letting it go but I have great memories driving it all over this country! Ordered it in 2000, before the kids... Indy to Denver to Vegas and back, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Atlanta were some of my longer trips! Sprints to PA or Michigan were also routine!

I ran it stock so I got to enjoy the whistling exhaust from the twin turbos! I had fun with Mustangs, Camaros, Lexus, and others!

As great as it was, the updates that have come with a newer model are well received! It would be nice if vehicle systems could be upgraded like phone apps!
    2013 S4 - 6' 105 kg totally alert & capable driver - Performance demonstrations are provided daily - smooth, never jostled...

Established Member Two Rings Isaac313's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 Ford F350 Diesel - 2000 Audi S4 - 1994 Ford F150 Lightning

Quote Originally Posted by S4UCE View Post
    Sold mine a year and a half ago. Stage 3 casa with RS4 front bumper. Funny thing is that while I miss having an S4, I donít really miss mine at all. Ironically I find myself lusting over clean stock/lightly modded silvaros. I kinda want to start from scratch again with what I learned on the casa. Nothing says discrete like a 20 year old silver sedan.
    Not trying to hijack but I got one for sale very soon. Clean california shell, mostly stock silver 6mt silver car....

Veteran Member Four Rings S4UCE's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001.5 S4

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac313 View Post
    Not trying to hijack but I got one for sale very soon. Clean california shell, mostly stock silver 6mt silver car....
    Mmh Cali silvaro. Not in the market for a project car until Iím done modding the new house, however. But man do i love silvaros . Glws when it happens.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

After owning my car over 15 years Iíve had 2 times when Iíve wanted to sell it. After learning more about the car and how to work on it, seeing itís timeless lines and how well it ages, I will never sell it. I honestly think itís one of the most beautiful and rare audiís ever made. People still compliment my car and I still get cards with phone numbers left on my window for interested buyers. You wonít get that with a b6, b7, or b8. Iíd like to show all of you, how do I post pics?

Veteran Member Four Rings CELison's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I actaully want a nice crispy clean stock one to keep around. Mine is all racecaríd out. No AC, stiff mounts, loud, lowered, E85 tuned, no evap or emissions, gauges in the vents, etc etc. just canít justify 4 vehicles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12