Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Established Member Two Rings Dwightlud's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 A4 Quattro SE

TAKATA airbag recall update

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Recall.jpg
    This just came out on Friday. Apparently there is a final fix for some, but not all of the airbag inflators subject to the recall.

Senior Member Four Rings Theiceman's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Well i got my interim. Im sure it will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2014 A4 2.0TQ Technik
    2006 A4 2.0TQ 6spd
    1978 Porsche 911SC Targa
    1976 Yamaha XS 360

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 A4 2.0T Tip

Just wanted to post let people know that it looks like the final remedy is officially rolling out. The recall for the final remedy is 69R7. Just called my local audi dealership and I am scheduled for next wed.
    2007 A4 2.0T Tip Black on Black
    -35% tint
    -debadged
    -black out side markers
    -black out grill
    -red led dome/footwell bulbs

Senior Member Two Rings deusilan's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '89 E30 325i; 2005.5 2.0TQ 6-spd

I got my notice a few months before this one you've posted. I wonder how long it will take for them to send this 'final solution' out to everyone affected.
    Currently: 2005.5 A4 2.0 (Red)TQ 6-spd, WORK IN PROGRESS
    Previously: E30 325i, donated for track purposes

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Just thought I'd chime in to say that my recall repair was scheduled for this past Friday, June 29th. I dropped my car off around 1pm and after a bit of a fiasco involving my loaner vehicle I was on my way. By 6pm that evening I had a message saying the car was ready to pick up, which really surprised me. Another service adviser met with me when I came in to pick up the car and confirmed the passenger airbag was replaced. Apparently this can be done through the glovebox and does not require removal of the entire dash. That was reassuring because the last thing I wanted was a squeak or rattle behind the dash because the poor tech was busting tail to get the job done.

Veteran Member Four Rings 80sGuy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Miele S7

Quote Originally Posted by brev928 View Post
    Just thought I'd chime in to say that my recall repair was scheduled for this past Friday, June 29th. I dropped my car off around 1pm and after a bit of a fiasco involving my loaner vehicle I was on my way. By 6pm that evening I had a message saying the car was ready to pick up, which really surprised me. Another service adviser met with me when I came in to pick up the car and confirmed the passenger airbag was replaced. Apparently this can be done through the glovebox and does not require removal of the entire dash. That was reassuring because the last thing I wanted was a squeak or rattle behind the dash because the poor tech was busting tail to get the job done.
    As far as I know, it does not require removal of the dash but only dropping down the entire glove box which is sufficient. Believe me I wouldn't want that either and there is no way it will ever be the same again once they started tampering with it. That said, I have not received anything at all about this final recall except the first one I had done about a year ago..

2008 A4 2.0T | Dolphin Gray Metallic/Dk Gray | multitronic | Bluetooth | Dk Wood | Convenience. | Premium. | Sprt Susp. | Bare-bone 100% factory stock!

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 Boxster S 550 SE

tried to make my appointment today and theres a 3 month back order...
    2004 Boxster S SE, 2006 Audi A4 Avant 2.0 Quattro

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    08 S6, 06 A4

Both cars got done couple moths ago at Audi Natick. Took 3 hrs each car.

Senior Member Four Rings pezgoon's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Nizmo View Post
    Both cars got done couple moths ago at Audi Natick. Took 3 hrs each car.
    I put my vin on the list three/four months ago, still no phone call about even the interim. I should probably give them a call and see whatís up (NH)

Probably just forgot I existed but Iíve gotten a few recall notices in between then and now just been lazy and had faith they wouldíve called me lol

Eric

2005.5 6mt A4 2.0(red T ) Silver metallic outside, Platinum inside.

Veteran Member Three Rings Robb12's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I had my interim fix scheduled for mid-June and a few days before had it cancelled by Audi as the final repairs are rolling out. Now I have the final repair schedule for next week but I was sure pleased they called me and didn't waste my time with the interim if the final was so close behind
    Current - 2008 A4 Avant 2.0T Quattro, S-Line, Titanium, 6-Speed Manual
    Sold - 2005.5 A4 2.0TQM - Not Forgotten
    RIP 2000 A4 1.8TQM k04

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Glad I never bothered taking mine in for the interim, now will just wait on a final fix instead.
    White Wagon
    MiniDSP C-DSP 8x12, Alpine PDX-V9 & PDX-F4, a few speakers here and there

Twitter/Instagram: IDFront

Senior Member Four Rings pezgoon's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Robb12 View Post
    I had my interim fix scheduled for mid-June and a few days before had it cancelled by Audi as the final repairs are rolling out. Now I have the final repair schedule for next week but I was sure pleased they called me and didn't waste my time with the interim if the final was so close behind
    Now that the final is rolling out Iím semi glad I didnít waste time with the interim but I may not see the final repair till next year or something. Iím in NH so we are lowest priority

Eric

2005.5 6mt A4 2.0(red T ) Silver metallic outside, Platinum inside.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Miele S7

I took mine in for the first one and received a nice dent on my door. Got it it pulled out but paint is still chipped. I wonder how my luck would be on the final visit.

2008 A4 2.0T | Dolphin Gray Metallic/Dk Gray | multitronic | Bluetooth | Dk Wood | Convenience. | Premium. | Sprt Susp. | Bare-bone 100% factory stock!

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Twin turbo 350Z, Mercedes ML350

I took mine in sat and got a 2018 Q7 fully loaded for a loaner for the weekend very nice and picked up my car this morning so far so good. They did have a 2015 s4 that I guess some one traded or was the end of their lease. Might need to go give that a closer look.
    B7 A4, 6MT, Quattro - Sliver

JHM HPFP upgrade, JHM Test Pipe, JHM Y pipe, B7 S4 exhaust, JHM flywheel and RS4 clutch, GFB DV+, P3 boost gauge, S4 front & Rear brake upgrade, 034 rear sway bar, ST Coilovers, K&N filter, ECS Oil catch can, JHM K04-R Turbo Kit.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWU...e_polymer=true

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlow View Post
    I took mine in sat and got a 2018 Q7 fully loaded for a loaner for the weekend very nice and picked up my car this morning so far so good. They did have a 2015 s4 that I guess some one traded or was the end of their lease. Might need to go give that a closer look.
    Lucky! My dealership told me they don't provide loaners for recalls or warranty repairs so they have a "premium shuttle service"...Or as everyone else calls it; Uber.

Its literally Uber. They pay for my Uber.
    RIP 2000 A4 1.8TQM k04

Veteran Member Three Rings A4_PimP's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Booked mine in for Thursday. I'm swapping my seats out Wednesday so this should be fun lol.

Veteran Member Three Rings cheemn's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    bunch of parts

Got my letter for the final fix and made an appointment for next Thursday. I get a loaner. Odd how different dealers are with loaners etc. Anyways, happy I will soon be able to have a passenger sit in the front and not worry about shrapnel killing them. Yes I had the temporary fix but honestly never trusted it.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Miele S7

Hmm, strange I haven't receive anything in the mail yet of this final recall. Perhaps I'll just make an appointment with the dealer. They go by VIN anyway. Oh yeah, getting a loaner in southern CA is like pulling teeth. Probably gonna end up with a huge ass Ford F-150 like last time.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 80sGuy View Post
    Hmm, strange I haven't receive anything in the mail yet of this final recall. Perhaps I'll just make an appointment with the dealer. They go by VIN anyway. Oh yeah, getting a loaner in southern CA is like pulling teeth. Probably gonna end up with a huge ass Ford F-150 like last time.
    I got my letter last week. It said make the appointment even if you already went in for the temporary fix or whatever and donít let anyone sit in the passenger seat lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Four Rings papadelogan's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1999 F250 7.3 Powerstroke

I did the interim fix a month or so ago, and just received another recall letter for the final fix. Looks like another drive to the dealership. Think I'll remove my glovebox ahead of time this time, but will definitely let them do the wash this time.
    2007 Ibis White B7 A4 Ti Avant 6MT quattro JHM Stage 2, HFC, Milltek CatBack, GFB DV+ "the YETI"

2005.5 Black B7 A4 6MT quattro sold

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by papadelogan View Post
    I did the interim fix a month or so ago, and just received another recall letter for the final fix. Looks like another drive to the dealership. Think I'll remove my glovebox ahead of time this time, but will definitely let them do the wash this time.
    Arghhh totally forgot they will be in the glovebox. I really hope they donít fuck anything up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Three Rings WewannaB7's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Porsche Boxster, M-Benz ML350

I just got my letter today. Just had interim done a little while back. Gonna wait till my next oil change with them to have em do it at the same time.
    08 2.0T Quattro SE, APR Stage 1 - 93 Oct

AZ Member #

Brought it in today; had an appointment set for 8:00am and the dealer didn't begin to work on it until 1:00pm.

"You know how to take a reservation...you just don't know how to HOLD a reservation..."

-Jerry Seinfeld
    RIP 2000 A4 1.8TQM k04

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Mines going in tomorrow at 10:30. Was told it would take 3-4 hours..we shall see.

AZ Member #

Got my ď permanent fix letter today

2014 A4 2.0TQ Technik
    2006 A4 2.0TQ 6spd
    1978 Porsche 911SC Targa
    1976 Yamaha XS 360

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Miele S7

Well hell, just received the letter today. Mine didn't say anything about permanent fix, just "repair immediately even though a temporary repair was done recently".

Veteran Member Four Rings papadelogan's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1999 F250 7.3 Powerstroke

The dealership I went to got it done in just under two hours and that was without me taking out the glovebox. If I don't have the glovebox there, that should simplify things and Save 10 or 15 minutes. Three to four hours to me says either they're slacking or accept substandard work performance..
    2007 Ibis White B7 A4 Ti Avant 6MT quattro JHM Stage 2, HFC, Milltek CatBack, GFB DV+ "the YETI"

2005.5 Black B7 A4 6MT quattro sold

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Miele S7

I guess this is it, right?

Veteran Member Four Rings klrider44's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Robb12 View Post
    Brought it in today; had an appointment set for 8:00am and the dealer didn't begin to work on it until 1:00pm.

"You know how to take a reservation...you just don't know how to HOLD a reservation..."

-Jerry Seinfeld
    Anybody can just take them

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by papadelogan View Post
    The dealership I went to got it done in just under two hours and that was without me taking out the glovebox. If I don't have the glovebox there, that should simplify things and Save 10 or 15 minutes. Three to four hours to me says either they're slacking or accept substandard work performance..
    Agreed. Just quoting what I was told via the phone convo I had with the dealer. I figure it should only take about an hour or two at most..

AZ Member #

it took over 4 to do mine in and out .. but it sat in the parking lot for 3 .. I didn't much care , I had my laptop and ate their snacks and drank their coffee and looked at their hot sales associates (female - not that there is anything wrong with that ) )
    2014 A4 2.0TQ Technik
    2006 A4 2.0TQ 6spd
    1978 Porsche 911SC Targa
    1976 Yamaha XS 360

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

So a lil update for you all that have yet to get this done.

I have been waiting almost 6 hours (still am waiting) and my car STILL isn't done yet. I mean, I also am getting a new key programmed too but just a heads up - it may end up taking a portion of your day..

AZ Member #

haha I think I got you all beat. A portion of your day how about a whole day! The dealership opens at 7:30AM so I dropped my car off yesterday night. My appointment was first thing this morning. They called me at 4PM and said it wasnít done could they keep my car until tomorrow. I said sure can I get a loaner. They checked and said they have a car waiting for me lol.

Hereís the loaner 2018 Q3 with 77KMs when I got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by A4_PimP; 07-13-2018 at 05:08 AM.

Veteran Member Four Rings Charles.waite's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Got mine scheduled for September 12th...
    -CP
    2008 Brilliant Black Unicorn (2.0t S-Line Ti 6MT Avant)
    2012 Q5 2.0t - Stock Mommy Missile with new timing chains
    Former USP CLUB MEMBER #136
    2004 A4 1.8TQ 6MT USP - APR Stage 1+ - FSI Coils - BKR7EIX-11 - B6S4 Front + B7A4 Rear Brakes - 034 Street Trans Mount
    SOLD -- 2006 A4 2.0TQ Avant Tiptronic

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Got my airbag replaced today, finally. It took months of calling, trying to get on the wait list, having one appointment cancelled, but its done. Took a half day (I left the car in the morning, it was done by noon). The service tech confirmed that this is the permanent replacement, not a temporary one that will have to be done again sometime.

AZ Member #

they called me Monday , got it changed Wednesday , 1 hour in and out with a car wash and detailing. Have complete new Airbag and I'm glad to put this whole saga behind me.
    2014 A4 2.0TQ Technik
    2006 A4 2.0TQ 6spd
    1978 Porsche 911SC Targa
    1976 Yamaha XS 360

Veteran Member Three Rings cheemn's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    bunch of parts

Same here. Forgot to post earlier that I had mine done last week with no issues. Got a nice loaner and the dealership was actually a pleasant experience. Took about 3 hours but then again I told them I was in no rush.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Miele S7

Mine is scheduled for tomorrow (Fri 7/27). Hope I get my car back in one piece this time when done. I requested a loaner while booking this ordeal two weeks ago. We'll see how that goes.
    Last edited by 80sGuy; 07-26-2018 at 10:47 PM.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Touareg V6

Had mine done today. Two local dealers did not have them in stock yet, but a third did (Palisades Audi). No problems with the swap, and really enjoyed the 2018 A4 loaner. Nice power and a very responsive transmission in dynamic mode.
    Kevin
    2008 A4 Avant 2.0T 6MT S-Line, JHM stage 2 93 tune, APR HPFP, 034 HFC, 034 sway bar, podi, S100 Nav

Senior Member Three Rings typeslone's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    06 A4Q 2.0T, 91 GTI VR6 Drag car

We have been getting about 10-15 cars in daily at the Audi dealer I work at for takata recalls. Between B7 and C6 A6's I personally am doing like 3-4 a day. We all know the glovebox can be removed in all of 5 minutes, swapping out the airbag itself takes 5-10 mins at max. The longest part is the beginning where we have to hook up the scan tool and run a test plan for the airbag replacement. That in itself takes a few minutes to do, providing there is a scan tool available to use and if the scan tool actually connects to the car and works properly. The store I am at shares something like 15 ODIS laptops between the vw shop and the audi shop and at any given moment half of them do not work correctly, the other half have dead batteries and need to be charged and the remaining 2 that work perfectly are hidden in someones toolbox so they can use them exclusively. Oh and afterwards every car gets washed and vacuumed by the cleanup dept. But real talk lol, half hour for me to complete the recall from when I pull the car in the shop until I pull it out and park it for cleanup.
    91 GTI VR6 - all motor madness 12.62@106mph and dropping.....
    06 A4Q 2.0T - Revo Stg2/APR HPFP/034 HFC/TT Downpipe/EuropaParts Exhaust/Eibach Springs/Bilstein Sport dampers/RS4 Rear Swaybar/Fluidampr/RS4 engine mounts
    10 WRX hatchback - Torqued performance Stg1/Perrin/Whiteline/Enkei BR7/The wifes daily is faster than mine!

Caste Systems Performance
    Lugtronic

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast