Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Audi A3 door lock problems

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So I have an Audi A3 2009 itís will lock with my FOB key but wonít lock from the inside when I push the lock or unlock on the door ... I just checked the wire harness from the door and all wires look fine

AZ Member #

Did you check from the body side of the harness? I've found that even the slightest crack in the wire insulation will cause problems, and sometimes they're hard to spot. I'm betting that's your problem.
    2008 A3 Quattro 3.2 VR6

AZ Member #

@A3 Wannabe thanks I did check the harness found some cracked wires and this helped I put them back together and everything started working again

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezus View Post
    @A3 Wannabe thanks I did check the harness found some cracked wires and this helped I put them back together and everything started working again
    Excellent! Cheers!!
    2008 A3 Quattro 3.2 VR6

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Nice fix. I have a question to piggyback on here. Is the locking solenoid on an 09 A3 failing a common problem? My front passenger side locks intermittently and often the alarm won't set. Then in the morning my son opens the door and the alarm goes off. Driving me crazy hoping for some advice.

Cheers,

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by A3forT View Post
    Nice fix. I have a question to piggyback on here. Is the locking solenoid on an 09 A3 failing a common problem? My front passenger side locks intermittently and often the alarm won't set. Then in the morning my son opens the door and the alarm goes off. Driving me crazy hoping for some advice.

Cheers,
    I don't think it's uncommon...but your problem sounds like symptoms I had, and it again was solved by inspecting wires at the loom and re-working the connections. If something electric works sometimes but not others, it's typically a wiring issue in my experience. I would look very closely there before ordering any parts. Good luck!!
    2008 A3 Quattro 3.2 VR6

Active Member Two Rings absolutt's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '07 Audi A3 2.0T DSG 85k mi

I've determined that I have this very same problem. I'd gotten the problem to go away by giving the door a good slam. But then when I went to check out the harness and explore how it might be detached, I pulled on it a bit. Well, when I closed the door the problem returned immediately after that, so it's definitely the harness.

Once I figured out how to remove the plug cover (used 2 guitar picks to dislodge the clips), I found 2 wires compromised, with 1 completely separated. Not much slack in the harness so it'll take some doing, probably splice in an additional wire segment.
    Last edited by absolutt; Yesterday at 06:01 PM.
    Current ►► 2007 A3 2.0T DSG/OS/TP/CW/CP Ocean Blue óó Previous2003 TTQR 225hp Ocean Blue