Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Three Rings bshanna's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    94 MR2, 92 MR2
    Items for Sale

finally got around to installing my S4 'diffuser' :)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Looks much better. Thanks Mr. JD_S4!

Did you know the diffuser is screwed into the valence by approximately 250 tiny torx screws? i didn't.. until i tried to put 1) take it off the old diffuser and 2) put it on my diffuser that's on the car. The last time i tried to remove a valence from a bumper, i cracked the paint and i'm pretty sure i broke a tab or two so this time i decided to see if i could do it when out removing it from the car. Turns out with a lift and a long ass socket extension, just about anything is possible :) FI is looking great too IMO.

DSC_2226.jpg
    DSC_2227.jpg

DSC_2228.jpg
    DSC_2059.jpg
    DSC_2058.jpg

OEM windshield sunshade, rear seat pet cover, microfibre clothe, official audi camelbak water bottle, beanie

AZ Member #

Looks rad, dude! I found out about al of those torx as well when putting my CF diffuser in.. Did you break any tabs getting the old one out or were you missing the old one all togther?

Love that exhaust. I picked up a new toy this weekend - shoot me a text and I'll send pics.
    2011 S4 - EPL Dual Pulley + TCU - 20" BBS LM - Bilstein B12 - APR RSC Exhaust
    Deval CF Diffuser - Maxton Splitter - USP Intake - MercRacing HE - CR15 -AutoTech HPFP

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    94 MR2, 92 MR2
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by JD S4 View Post
    Looks rad, dude! I found out about al of those torx as well when putting my CF diffuser in.. Did you break any tabs getting the old one out or were you missing the old one all togther?

Love that exhaust. I picked up a new toy this weekend - shoot me a text and I'll send pics.
    Thanks again dude. I had purchased a valance (with no diffuser) when i had berg install the exhaust, so luckily i didn't have to take anything off, just put on the diffuser and tighten the torx screws down from the rear. So if anything broke when the shop removed the old CF diffuser, i haven't noticed (and i'd be surprised and mad if that were the case lol).

ill shoot you a text - hopefully it's a sweet MR2 or something :)

OEM windshield sunshade, rear seat pet cover, microfibre clothe, official audi camelbak water bottle, beanie

Established Member Three Rings Steelerhater37's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    BMW E36 M3 convertible VW B6 Passat

Quote Originally Posted by bshanna View Post
    Looks much better. Thanks Mr. JD_S4!

Did you know the diffuser is screwed into the valence by approximately 250 tiny torx screws? i didn't.. until i tried to put 1) take it off the old diffuser and 2) put it on my diffuser that's on the car. The last time i tried to remove a valence from a bumper, i cracked the paint and i'm pretty sure i broke a tab or two so this time i decided to see if i could do it when out removing it from the car. Turns out with a lift and a long ass socket extension, just about anything is possible :) FI is looking great too IMO.

DSC_2226.jpg
    DSC_2227.jpg

DSC_2228.jpg
    DSC_2059.jpg
    DSC_2058.jpg
    Nice as*!

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    94 MR2, 92 MR2
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerhater37 View Post
    Nice as*!

lol thanks? The piping on the FI is definitely a little smaller (2.5") than the armytrix (3"). Probably another reason why the trix can get louder with the valves open.

Established Member Three Rings Steelerhater37's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    BMW E36 M3 convertible VW B6 Passat

Quote Originally Posted by bshanna View Post
    lol thanks? The piping on the FI is definitely a little smaller (2.5") than the armytrix (3"). Probably another reason why the trix can get louder with the valves open.
    Almost pulled the trigger on one of these beastly systems. TThey're incredible!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    94 MR2, 92 MR2
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerhater37 View Post
    Almost pulled the trigger on one of these beastly systems. TThey're incredible!

next time.. i'll probably still have it :P

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2000 S4 Stage 3, '11 A4 Avant Prestige, titanium, sport, '87 4kq 3B!
    Items for Sale

Looks great! JD S4 strikes again. I have his oem S4 mufflers quad tip with diffuser on the back of our B8 avant!

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by snolvr View Post
    Looks great! JD S4 strikes again. I have his oem S4 mufflers quad tip with diffuser on the back of our B8 avant!
    Does anyone want to buy my OEM S4 suspension? Shocks and springs - 19k miles.
    2011 S4 - EPL Dual Pulley + TCU - 20" BBS LM - Bilstein B12 - APR RSC Exhaust
    Deval CF Diffuser - Maxton Splitter - USP Intake - MercRacing HE - CR15 -AutoTech HPFP