Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Three Rings tehbry's Avatar
    AZ Member #

2.0t braided turbo lines

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Does anyone know of a kit similar to the PSIConcepts braided line kit for the B5/B6 for the 2.0T? I know the stock oil and coolant feed/return lines are more than adequate for a K04 but I know Iím not the only one who prefers the look of braided lines. Iíve contacted PSIConcepts but unfortunately have not received a response and the only thing Iíve found is an oil feed line which I will link below.

PSI B5/B6 kit: http://www.psiconcepts.com/store/ind...t_detail&p=177

B7 Oil feed line: http://shopping.kinugawaturbo.com/ki...t20tw18mm.aspx
    B7 A4 2.0tQ - Motoza stg 2 - JHM FMIC/HPFP/Test pipe - HPA K04 - BBoat downpipe/exhaust - 034 motor/trans/snub mounts - 034 Catch can - GFB DV+ - S4 brakes - Avant Garde M540

Senior Member Four Rings james12lucy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    North America's only B7 Chump Car. 2006 2.0T A4, fully gutted, custom Loose Stones Racing Roll Cage,

Quote Originally Posted by tehbry View Post
    Does anyone know of a kit similar to the PSIConcepts braided line kit for the B5/B6 for the 2.0T? I know the stock oil and coolant feed/return lines are more than adequate for a K04 but I know Iím not the only one who prefers the look of braided lines. Iíve contacted PSIConcepts but unfortunately have not received a response and the only thing Iíve found is an oil feed line which I will link below.

PSI B5/B6 kit: http://www.psiconcepts.com/store/ind...t_detail&p=177

B7 Oil feed line: http://shopping.kinugawaturbo.com/ki...t20tw18mm.aspx
    That looks like about $80 worth of parts from any reputable industrial hydraulic shop. I have a place in town that I built mine through, itís a fairly easy process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    B7 Avant, 6MT, Quattro - Brilliant Black: JHM 93 Octane Stage 2 tune, APR HPFP, S3 Injectors, JHM Test Pipe, Stasis Catback, R8 coils, 034 TIP, Custom CIA, 18" VMR 710, Podi Digital Boost Gauge, RS4 rear sway bar, RS4 grill, Eurojet Billet VC, 42DD catch can, Ohlins SL Coilovers w/ Hyperco springs, OEM Bi-Xenon retrofit, GFB DV+, Brembo 18z.

AZ Member #

Iím jealous, Iím pretty sure if I went to any local shop they would be clueless. I mean this platform has been around long enough that there should be a kit out there somewhere.
    B7 A4 2.0tQ - Motoza stg 2 - JHM FMIC/HPFP/Test pipe - HPA K04 - BBoat downpipe/exhaust - 034 motor/trans/snub mounts - 034 Catch can - GFB DV+ - S4 brakes - Avant Garde M540

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    North America's only B7 Chump Car. 2006 2.0T A4, fully gutted, custom Loose Stones Racing Roll Cage,

2.0t braided turbo lines

Iím jealous, Iím pretty sure if I went to any local shop they would be clueless. I mean this platform has been around long enough that there should be a kit out there somewhere.
    Itís pretty easy for a legitimate hydraulic shop. You need to know the length of lines you need, and the fittings. You can get most of the turbo fittings from any online performance company (ie. IE). I believe Iím running a -6AN feed line and -10AN return line. The next thing Iíll be doing (after the race season is done), is building a stainless feed line (after dry sump oil system is finished).

Psi concepts even tells you the parts included in the kit. Take the parts list to a hydraulic shop and have it built. I can do that if you need, but there will be a significant mark up as a kit...

B7 Avant, 6MT, Quattro - Brilliant Black: JHM 93 Octane Stage 2 tune, APR HPFP, S3 Injectors, JHM Test Pipe, Stasis Catback, R8 coils, 034 TIP, Custom CIA, 18" VMR 710, Podi Digital Boost Gauge, RS4 rear sway bar, RS4 grill, Eurojet Billet VC, 42DD catch can, Ohlins SL Coilovers w/ Hyperco springs, OEM Bi-Xenon retrofit, GFB DV+, Brembo 18z.

Veteran Member Four Rings aluthman's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A7

I guess I'm confused. Are you looking for something for the stock turbo? You can make braided lines yourself pretty easily.
    -Adam

'07 DTM A4 2.0T|6MT|EFR 7163 Twin Scroll|DoTuning|Built Motor|Meth and other go fast stuffÖ
    '06 A4 2.0T Quattro - RIP (Best ľ mile pass 13.634 @ 103.30)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by aluthman View Post
    I guess I'm confused. Are you looking for something for the stock turbo? You can make braided lines yourself pretty easily.
    Looking for a complete oil/coolant kit for a K04, which would be the same as the K03. I know it would be possible to have the lines custom made and buy all the fittings but Iím wondering if there is a kit that exists so that nothing needs to be custom made.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by james12lucy View Post
    Itís pretty easy for a legitimate hydraulic shop. You need to know the length of lines you need, and the fittings. You can get most of the turbo fittings from any online performance company (ie. IE). I believe Iím running a -6AN feed line and -10AN return line. The next thing Iíll be doing (after the race season is done), is building a stainless feed line (after dry sump oil system is finished).

Psi concepts even tells you the parts included in the kit. Take the parts list to a hydraulic shop and have it built. I can do that if you need, but there will be a significant mark up as a kit...

So what would be the difference between your feed line and the one I linked?

EDIT:what would be a rough estimate on the price of a kit? Including all fittings?

EDIT X2: I mean how much difference is there between the PSI B6 kit and the B7?

AZ Member #
    My Garage

So what would be the difference between your feed line and the one I linked?

EDIT:what would be a rough estimate on the price of a kit? Including all fittings?

EDIT X2: I mean how much difference is there between the PSI B6 kit and the B7?
    No idea, Iíd have to go to the hydraulic shop, get an estimate, and go from there. Itís a lot more work than itís worth.

Iím pretty sure the B6 and B7 kit arenít all that dissimilar. You could likely take the majority of that kit and adapt it to the B7.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A7

Just take a stock line to a hydraulic shop and ask them to make it out of braided line.
    -Adam

'07 DTM A4 2.0T|6MT|EFR 7163 Twin Scroll|DoTuning|Built Motor|Meth and other go fast stuffÖ

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by aluthman View Post
    Just take a stock line to a hydraulic shop and ask them to make it out of braided line.
    Well I was planning to replace all the lines with new OEM lines as my stock ones are 12 years old now but Iíd really prefer the braided lines. If I had a secondary vehicle right now Iíd remove all the lines and take them to a shop as you recommended.

Iíve considered buying the B6 PSI kit as I agree they canít be that much different but again without having a secondary vehicle itís a bit of a risk.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A7

B6 turbos are completely different than B7. I doubt they are interchangeable.
    -Adam

AZ Member #

So looks like I may just order the braided turbo oil feed I posted above and replace the oil drain and coolant lines with OEM.