Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings dgreeen's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    CBRF4i

Amber corner light LED with clear reflector

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    For the gents that made the headlight amber side reflector swap to a grey/clear/black swap
    I read that the amber corner light in the B8 is actually not a bulb but an LED that can't be removed or replaced

Would the clear reflector show the orange LED bulb even when they are disabled thru the Vagcom?
    I recently bought something like below to replace the amber with:

Last edited by dgreeen; 05-17-2018 at 10:28 PM.

Veteran Member Four Rings Project Quattro's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1984 Porsche 3.2 Carrera Targa, 2016 Audi Q3 Prem+ Quattro (hers)

I don't remember what the situation was when we pulled some headlights apart, but I don't think it would be too visible. In any case, it'll be better than the amber. @lambda13, input?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 BMW 528i xDrive - 1984 Porsche Carrera 3.2 Targa
    2016 Audi Q3 Prem+ (hers)

Past: 2013 Audi A4 Prem+ 6MT Sport, 2009 Audi A4 Premium 6AT
    Chairman Emeritus for the Pedal Responce Team

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Code out the Amber LED with VCDS so that it is always off. Looks way cleaner that way.
    2011 B8 A4 ZF8HP // JHM K04-R // APR v3.1 // 034 HFC // Treadstone TR8 FMIC // Snow Performance Stage 2 WM Injection // Bilstein B12 Pro-kit // Borla Downpipe // // Rockford 8" Woofers // JL 10" Sub // 2200 W // Audison BitOne DSP

Established Member Two Rings dgreeen's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    CBRF4i

Quote Originally Posted by A4x View Post
    Code out the Amber LED with VCDS so that it is always off. Looks way cleaner that way.
    I've heard even with the Amber LED turned off you can still see the orange through the clear side marker but not 100% sure?

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

No, the LED is very small. I don't know if it is clear or orange, but it's tiny. You wouldn't see it once you remove the large amber plastic piece.

What I've done is put some vinyl tint wrap over it. Looks pretty good. I can attach a picture here later.
    2011 B8 A4 ZF8HP // JHM K04-R // APR v3.1 // 034 HFC // Treadstone TR8 FMIC // Snow Performance Stage 2 WM Injection // Bilstein B12 Pro-kit // Borla Downpipe // // Rockford 8" Woofers // JL 10" Sub // 2200 W // Audison BitOne DSP

Veteran Member Four Rings adamazing's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by A4x View Post
    This.

I think having a clear side marker, with an amber light is reminiscent of the early 2000's when everyone threw whatever iteration of Altezza lights on their cars. I'm glad that trend is dead.

2013 A4 Quattro Brushed Steel / APR E85 Stage 2 / AG F421 Copper + Smoke + Neo Chrome / Eurocode FMIC + HFC / AWE Quad + CF Valance
    build / instagram / flickr

Established Member Two Rings AlaskanAudi's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    No garage at the moment

Yes, the orange LED shines through the clear corner marker thing when they are enabled.

I took my car to the dealer and every time they have it in their shop, they re-enable the damn amber lights. I'd say its exactly as bright as the original configuration. Also, you can definitely disconnect the LED bulb entirely, but you would have to have the entire headlight apart to do that. I didnt remove it for fear of "bulb out" warnings.