Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Audi S6 Stage 2 review

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Anyone that's been following knows I tried stage 2 without upgraded downpipes. With a few hours seat time now I can honestly say the character of the car has completely changed for the better. I don't care what the Dyno says when I get it done it feels a lot stronger. Not 20hp like 40-50hp in the mid range if not more. The midrange is nuts honestly. Forget top end I don't even care right now. Street driving is midrange territory where I use it most and it's a killer upgrade. Well well worth it.

I think it's too easy to go chasing figures and times but in reality am I doing the 1/4 mile every run or even 0-60? No! Overtaking is now just silly and the noise. My god the noise is the best thing about it. From a very sedate car in stock form this is now a muscle car when you let it. I think it might be C63 territory for sound now. I love it.

Anyone stage 1 like me who pondered whether to go downpipes or not trust me do it. I'm.glad I went to the effort of trying stage 2 on stock downpipes but anyone else don't bother. You want the full fat version.

Only thing I'm considering next is the APR TCU tune as I don't have one and wondering if it will make it a better driving experience.

Well done APR this is a brilliant product and the power delivery and torque is lush, so smooth and linear. Don't be like me dont wait do it and enjoy the full potential of your car you will not regret it.

I will Dyno it eventually when I can be bothered but honestly i don'tont even care, nothing to prove now. I'll just do it to complete the journey. :-)

If I had to guess I'd say it's making a ton more torque in the midrange.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me make the decision and advice you've been great.

What you waiting for get stage 2 and downpipes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Audi S6 C7.5 Avant 2016 Sepang Blue APR Stage 1, Revo RS Intake, X-Pipe & Resonator Delete 560BHP 600 LB FT.

Active Member Two Rings MolonLabe300's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Thanks for this, I just installed the Milltek turbo back and was going to drive it with stage 1 for a little bit before going to APR S2. I will get an appointment with my tuner to go S2 now. Side note my car is throwing slow to respond codes so I think its necessary.

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by MolonLabe300 View Post
    Thanks for this, I just installed the Milltek turbo back and was going to drive it with stage 1 for a little bit before going to APR S2. I will get an appointment with my tuner to go S2 now. Side note my car is throwing slow to respond codes so I think its necessary.
    I only did it to be thorough. Honestly engineers have done this for a reason. Just go stage 2

Audi S6 C7.5 Avant 2016 Sepang Blue APR Stage 1, Revo RS Intake, X-Pipe & Resonator Delete 560BHP 600 LB FT.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 Audi A3 2.0T

The torque increase from stage 1 to stage 2 is insane. Likely that the increase in torque is what makes the driving experience that much better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by brad281 View Post
    The torque increase from stage 1 to stage 2 is insane. Likely that the increase in torque is what makes the driving experience that much better.

I concur the torque is nuts

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 Audi A3 2.0T

I need to bite the bullet and get this done.
    Quote Originally Posted by pez81 View Post
    I concur the torque is nuts

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

I need to bite the bullet and get this done.

Yeah Brad do it man. You have to I promise you'll love it. Some said it doesn't feel much different but I disagree it feels much stronger in the midrange.

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

I thought stage 1 was as good as it gets. This is my favourite mod so far

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 Audi A3 2.0T

I would already have done it, but my gearbox had to be replaced a few months ago, and I was concerned with adding more power. New gearbox feels pretty solid so far, so I may take the plunge this summer. Also, probably need to upgrade cooling at the same time.
    I thought stage 1 was as good as it gets. This is my favourite mod so far

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

I would already have done it, but my gearbox had to be replaced a few months ago, and I was concerned with adding more power. New gearbox feels pretty solid so far, so I may take the plunge this summer. Also, probably need to upgrade cooling at the same time.

Under warranty? Ouch

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 Audi A3 2.0T

Audi did cover the replacement, but my car is TD1 now.
    Under warranty? Ouch

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Audi did cover the replacement, but my car is TD1 now.

That's lucky. I have seen those who are td1 getting dealer to update ECU then the td1 being removed. There's even a dealer memo about this floating around

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 Audi A3 2.0T

That's lucky. I have seen those who are td1 getting dealer to update ECU then the td1 being removed. There's even a dealer memo about this floating around

That's not what happened here. They did a one time good faith repair on the car, as I've bought several Audis and have them serviced at the dealer for the most part.

Veteran Member Four Rings highPSI-S4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    C7.5 S6, 14 Jetta 1.8t, 15 ZX6R
    Items for Sale

I concur, I went stage 2 last weekend on EPL and 2-3 pulls so hard, and 3-4 seems to pull harder. It's what STG1 should have been like imo. Need to do some draggy pulls in Mexico.

Now I'm chasing down those o2 sensor codes which most have had to clear 3/4 times for them not to return, so I'll see.
    C7.5 Glacier Wht w/ Blk Optics | EPL STG2 | APR Downpipes | Roc Euro | EuroCode | Airmatic Links | HRE | Carbon Mirrors | Yellow Calipers |
    Instagram: @Sinister_S6

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by highPSI-S4 View Post
    I concur, I went stage 2 last weekend on EPL and 2-3 pulls so hard, and 3-4 seems to pull harder. It's what STG1 should have been like imo. Need to do some draggy pulls in Mexico.

Now I'm chasing down those o2 sensor codes which most have had to clear 3/4 times for them not to return, so I'll see.
    It's good isn't it buddy? APR stage 1 is real real string anyway but stage 2 is even better. Anyone who hasn't done it yet I highly recommend it. #coolaid ;-) I've not had any code issues

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by highPSI-S4 View Post

I've not even got O2 sensor bungs and the APR tune turns them off I believe.

Veteran Member Four Rings highPSI-S4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    C7.5 S6, 14 Jetta 1.8t, 15 ZX6R
    Items for Sale

I've not even got O2 sensor bungs and the APR tune turns them off I believe.

yeah EPL doesn't tune out the rear o2's. I also have the recommended Vibrant 02 J spacers. I remember a thread talking about using the smallest restrictor so I'll look into that and see what happens.
    Last edited by highPSI-S4; 05-18-2018 at 11:32 AM.
    C7.5 Glacier Wht w/ Blk Optics | EPL STG2 | APR Downpipes | Roc Euro | EuroCode | Airmatic Links | HRE | Carbon Mirrors | Yellow Calipers |
    Instagram: @Sinister_S6

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I would already have done it, but my gearbox had to be replaced a few months ago, and I was concerned with adding more power. New gearbox feels pretty solid so far, so I may take the plunge this summer.
    Off topic, but what happened to your gearbox?
    2013 Phantom Black S7 | Innovation package | Bang & Olufsen | Comfort seats | LED headlights | 20" 5-arm-rotor design | Carbon atlas inlays | Cold weather package | EPL Stage 1

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 Audi A3 2.0T

Had a gear whine in 1st gear. Took the car in for some other warranty items and asked them to look at it. Audi said it wasn't normal and replaced the gearbox. It seemed to shift fine, but after I got the new one, I realized the old one hadn't been operating up to par.
    Quote Originally Posted by SleekS7 View Post
    Off topic, but what happened to your gearbox?

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by MolonLabe300 View Post
    I have a Stage2 code from my APR downpipes that I never used as I went straight to stage3. Lmk if you are interested

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Established Member Three Rings S3DUDE's Avatar
    AZ Member #

There is one guy that just posted yesterday with a $16000 damage on a stage 2 S6.

FEAR FACTOR

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...urbo-S6-Speaks

That would have given me chills and raise the hair on the back of the neck
    2018 RS3 Glacier White European delivery (picking it up in June)

Veteran Member Four Rings wwhan's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by S3DUDE View Post
    There is one guy that just posted yesterday with a $16000 damage on a stage 2 S6.

FEAR FACTOR

His car had over 80k miles. There have been totally stock S6 with blown turbos at half that mileage.

AZ Member #

FEAR FACTOR

Blown turbos suck no doubt but what really sucks is driving a non-tuned S6 and then experiencing blown turbos. A large majority of those that have blown are stock rides so your point is mute.
    2013 S6 | Phantom Black Pearl | Innovation Package | BOSE + JL Audio Micro Sub| Milltek non-resonated catback |APR Stage 2 |Avant Garde M510

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

FEAR FACTOR

To clarify, the damage wasnít $16k by itself. Heís making a lot of upgrades during the repairs and thatís where the $16k comes from.
    2018 Daytona Gray S6 | S Sport | Black Optic | Carbon Atlas |

2011 Phantom Black S4 | S-Tronic | P+ | Nav | Sports Differential | Titanium Package | Silk Nappa | SOLD

Established Member Three Rings S3DUDE's Avatar
    AZ Member #

2018 RS3 Glacier White European delivery (picking it up in June)