Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Resonator delete, X-pipe Video

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I have an 18 S7 Prestige with sports exhaust. Iím going to do a resonator delete and X-pipe. Iím kind of new to the Audi thing, is there anything i need to know before having this done?

Like will all my valves still work, etc... i love the car and just want a bit more audible feedback but donít want to deal with any problems or side effects.

****UPDATE*****

So i ended up using a Magnaflow resonated X-pipe to replace the 2 resonators and i used 2 pieces of straight pipe to delete the big suitcase resonator. Overall very happy, here is a video:

Side note: the exhaust sounds the same no matter what mode I'm in so i don't know if i have valves or what, will start a separate thread for that.

Last edited by blinx9900; Yesterday at 08:46 PM.

Veteran Member Four Rings RAF_S7's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Everything will still work.

Front pipes replace with straight through, center suitcase replace with an x-pipe.

All valves etc are retained on the rear mufflers.
    2016 S7 Sepang Blue ///Matrix//Bose//Self Park//Lane Assist//ACC//F&R parking cams//Blackvue DR650//Phone Box//Sunroof//Privacy glass//Carbon mirrors//Neidfaktor Steering wheel//RS Knob//OEM RS Grill//Suntek PPF//De-chromed//Roc-Euro//Modded Exhaust//Cete ASC v2 installed//APR Stage 1 on. WoW
    Gone: 2014 Audi A7Q 3.0 TFSI
    Gone: 2011 Audi A6Q 2.8 TFSI
    Gone: 2009 Audi A3Q 2.0 TDIi

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Does anyone have an image of where the X-Pipe goes and were the delete goes?

Veteran Member Three Rings ichi d's Avatar
    AZ Member #

What's better x or h pipe for c7/s6
    C6.5 / S-Line /APR Stage II

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 A6 3.0T Prestige + others
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by blinx9900 View Post
    I have an 18 S7 Prestige with sports exhaust. Iím going to do a resonator delete and X-pipe. Iím kind of new to the Audi thing, is there anything i need to know before having this done?

Like will all my valves still work, etc... i love the car and just want a bit more audible feedback but donít want to deal with any problems or side effects.
    I suppose the one I responded to Audi group of orange county is you?
    - Michael
    2012 A6 3.0T Prestige: GIAC S2 / Injen Intake / Deval rear diffuser / OEM muffler mod (Quad Tips + X-Pipe) / Eurocode drivetrain inserts / 034 Swaybar / Volk wheels / KW V1/ RS front grill / Carbon trunk spoiler / Carbon mirror / Stoptech rotors.

Muffler Tips for sale: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-tips-for-sale

Veteran Member Four Rings RAF_S7's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Does anyone have an image of where the X-Pipe goes and were the delete goes?

X-Pipe is best option.
    2016 S7 Sepang Blue ///Matrix//Bose//Self Park//Lane Assist//ACC//F&R parking cams//Blackvue DR650//Phone Box//Sunroof//Privacy glass//Carbon mirrors//Neidfaktor Steering wheel//RS Knob//OEM RS Grill//Suntek PPF//De-chromed//Roc-Euro//Modded Exhaust//Cete ASC v2 installed//APR Stage 1 on. WoW
    Gone: 2014 Audi A7Q 3.0 TFSI
    Gone: 2011 Audi A6Q 2.8 TFSI
    Gone: 2009 Audi A3Q 2.0 TDIi

Established Member Two Rings vdubtucckn's Avatar
    AZ Member #

^^ Agree! Had this done couple months back and the tone is however, I would like to amplify it a tad. Hoping to do so with DPís.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Veteran Member Three Rings ichi d's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Thanks
    C6.5 / S-Line /APR Stage II

Active Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Remember reading if you don't want any more cabin noise, to only replace the 'suitcase' with an X-pipe. The center resonators add a little bit of noise inside the cabin, but increase more the sound volume outside. I think I'll start with the suitcase only, which should be enough for me. But have to find the right X-pipe, and more importantly, the rigth shop. I want it done like it was factory, not the hack jobs I've seen. Hard to find such a place in my dump of a city, so will have to be during a trip to Austin, Phoenix, or such.
    2018 S6 mythos black/black; S sport package, driver assistance package, 20" black optic package, carbon atlas, Audi rings, all-weather mats, 35/20% tint

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Thanks for all the help guys, doing this tomorrow starting with suitcase and weíll see how i like it.

Established Member Two Rings roush85's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Thanks for all the help guys, doing this tomorrow starting with suitcase and weíll see how i like it.
    Post some sound clips when your finished!
    2016 S6 Prestige Tornado Grey. Stock for now

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by yeuchau View Post
    I suppose the one I responded to Audi group of orange county is you?
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by roush85 View Post
    Post some sound clips when your finished!
    will do!

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

thread updated with video of the outcome in original post. That's my buddy revving the engine.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

thread updated with video of the outcome in original post. That's my buddy revving the engine.
    Holy balls, that sounds great. Just so I understand, you put the x-pipe upstream, and went straight pipes at the suitcase? This is a somewhat non-traditional set up. Am I right? Do you have any pictures of the final setup? Regardless, I really really like the sound.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Audizine mobile app