Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: Cooling issues

Active Member One Ring mdenova23's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Cooling issues

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey guys,

After just fixing the stumble/ misfire on my A5 a week ago, yesterday I noticed that my cooling fan would be on all day (during a drive and after turning the engine off). At first I didn't pay much mind to it until the fan was really loud on the way home at night. Today the same issue happened when I had to take my brother to school in the morning. This time I noticed that the temperature needle would slightly go up. I got home and left my car in the garage and didn't bother touching it for a couple hours. I checked the coolant level and noticed that it was just a bit lower from the minimum line and thought maybe that could be an issue but I doubt it could be it since it isn't a lot that is missing. I left my car on while in the garage to let it reach normal temperature and once it did the fan kicked on again. Now I had to use my car and wasn't expecting much to happen but noticed that it began to over heat again but this time it was really close to the hot area.

Is there anything to look for before taking it in to get it checked out?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Three Rings NuVega's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2009 Audi A5 3.2L V6

Your thermostat is probably partially stuck closed if it's overheating.
    - 2009 A5 3.2L V6- : Plain ole A5 w/ a few cosmetic mods...

Active Member One Ring mdenova23's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by NuVega View Post
    Your thermostat is probably partially stuck closed if it's overheating.
    Weird thing is when it happened I turned on the heater and that seemed to cool it down.
    I'll take it in and ask to check the thermostat and hopefully it's just that and nothing else.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Established Member Two Rings ffearless's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Tundra, 2017 RDX

That's not weird. That is exactly what you should expect because you are dumping the engine heat to the car interior.
    2014 Estoril Blue RS5, loaded, 034 Motorsport X-Brace and rear anti sway bar, CR-15 strut tower brace, Ecstuning transmission and differential inserts, carbon fiber mirror housings, LED backup lights, VAG COMM mods, mid-resonator delete, true dual exhaust