Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Thinking about buying RS3

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I'd either buy used or lease new. With the prices I see on used, I'll likely lease new. I'd love an RS7, but new is out. Maybe if I found a killer deal on used. I see them creeping below $60k now

I'd make it my daily driver & I would like to slap an APR tune on & call it a day. Would that void my warranty or does it depend on how nice the dealer is?

Any complaints owners have about these? Info I should know before checking them out?

Veteran Member Four Rings phillyquattro's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Leasing an RS3 is not favorable at all, but if you enjoy lighting money on fire by all means. You'd be better off looking for one of the many available low mile used ones.

As for tuning and warranty void; yes, that can void your warranty. Typically you want to remove any tuning software before you take it to a dealership. That doesn't mean you're 100% safe, but it will protect you the vast majority of times. That being said; pay to play and all that.
    2016 S3 Premium+ (Build Thread)
    IG: brandongray

Veteran Member Four Rings LINDW4LL's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Stage 3 S4, E46 M3
    Items for Sale

Yep, RS lease rates are baaad. Better off purchasing.

Don't expect any major powertrain issues to be covered if tuned.
    -Hayden

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnough View Post
    I'd either buy used or lease new. With the prices I see on used, I'll likely lease new. I'd love an RS7, but new is out. Maybe if I found a killer deal on used. I see them creeping below $60k now

I'd make it my daily driver & I would like to slap an APR tune on & call it a day. Would that void my warranty or does it depend on how nice the dealer is?

Any complaints owners have about these? Info I should know before checking them out?
    Lease forget it. APR tune forget it, never going to come out. Warranty void if the scanner picks it up. Have not found a mod friendly dealer for Audiís as soon as they plug it in, it sends the info to AOA regardless of mod friendly or not. Really miss my VW dealer they were so cool with mods and everything.

Get UNI as you can flash a real stock file from home and have less chance for it to be detected as itís an actual stock file being flashed back. With APR you have to pay the tuner that tuned you, in order to get flashed 100% back to stock and get your ECU wiped clean. When you tune and feel that power youíll forget about warranty lol.

No real complaints on my end except it was not a cheap purchase lol. Solid overall car. Great daily! Only thing that pissed me off is dealer didnít let me test drive it. But they behaved well overall at the end and I got some freebies and a discount. If you where from my neck of the woods i would recommend you my dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

PM sent

AZ Member #

Anyone have real world lease numbers to post? I'd only do 0 down.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Anyone have real world lease numbers to post? I'd only do 0 down.
    Thatís never enough.
    On Order: 2018 Audi RS3 - Daytona Gray w/Aluminum Optics, Dynamic & Tech Packages

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by speeddemon69 View Post
    Lease forget it. APR tune forget it, never going to come out. Warranty void if the scanner picks it up. Have not found a mod friendly dealer for Audiís as soon as they plug it in, it sends the info to AOA regardless of mod friendly or not. Really miss my VW dealer they were so cool with mods and everything.

Get UNI as you can flash a real stock file from home and have less chance for it to be detected as itís an actual stock file being flashed back. With APR you have to pay the tuner that tuned you, in order to get flashed 100% back to stock and get your ECU wiped clean. When you tune and feel that power youíll forget about warranty lol.

No real complaints on my end except it was not a cheap purchase lol. Solid overall car. Great daily! Only thing that pissed me off is dealer didnít let me test drive it. But they behaved well overall at the end and I got some freebies and a discount. If you where from my neck of the woods i would recommend you my dealer.

That's unfortunate. A guy on another forum I frequent just bought a used RS7 with an APR tune & his dealer is still honoring their warranty.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by LINDW4LL View Post
    Yep, RS lease rates are baaad. Better off purchasing.

Don't expect any major powertrain issues to be covered if tuned.
    Used RS3s are around $60k. So are some used RS7s. No brainer to just go RS7 at that point IMO.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

would rather have a new fresh warranty rs3 vs a rs7 with 50k+ miles priced at 60k. Both are great cars though.

AZ Member #

Leasing seems unfavorable because of bad resale value- but buying is unfavorable for the same reason when you resell the car. One way or another you pay for that depreciation unless you plan to drive it into the ground.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by noswalz View Post
    would rather have a new fresh warranty rs3 vs a rs7 with 50k+ miles priced at 60k. Both are great cars though.
    I don't buy new, only lease. Don't keep cars long enough. Buying is always used for me.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by iceman302 View Post
    Thatís never enough.
    On a lease it is, but with luxury brands they usually don't do it. Lease on this car seems to be crap anyway.

Senior Member Three Rings Sniper260687's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Buying my white RS3 today brand new $63K OTD with every option included.

MSRP was $67K, i walked away 3 times for them to lower the price.

AZ Member #

That's unfortunate. A guy on another forum I frequent just bought a used RS7 with an APR tune & his dealer is still honoring their warranty.
    In the US? Unless i see it with my own eye
    I wonít believe it. Besides check with what ever dealers are close to you not what some random guy said in the middle east. Never had a problem with mods with any other car brand. Audi is really picky.

Senior Member Three Rings Konrad's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I leased mine. Audi gave me a special lease rate. Works out to 800 a month. Which is only a little more then what I was paying for my financed S4.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Konrad View Post
    I leased mine. Audi gave me a special lease rate. Works out to 800 a month. Which is only a little more then what I was paying for my financed S4.
    Can't imagine what a non-special price would be. Was that with 0 down? Either way, I'm not willing to have an $800 car payment.

Senior Member Three Rings Konrad's Avatar
    AZ Member #

It was a lot less the what the bank was going to give me, which was 2.4

AZ Member #

Can't imagine what a non-special price would be. Was that with 0 down? Either way, I'm not willing to have an $800 car payment.
    Canada

Sales lady for some reason was trying to talk me into it too, with a small down payment the payments were like $825 I think. Residual was 59% but I can't remember the money factor. I ended up financing because I plan on keeping it long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Konrad View Post
    It was a lot less the what the bank was going to give me, which was 2.4
    2.4 on a loan from the bank? I couldn't even get a secured line against my house that low . Ended up just financing through Audi at 3.9 which was still 1% below normal.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

i have no idea about Canada but in the US (may vary slightly by region) the current lease program is 47% residual for 36/10K and .00248 money factor (5.95%). Basically unleaseable at those numbers.

Registered Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper260687 View Post
    Buying my white RS3 today brand new $63K OTD with every option included.

MSRP was $67K, i walked away 3 times for them to lower the price.
    Fully loaded is over 70k msrp.
    If you have carbon brakes, I feel bad for you went you need to change out the pads and rotors.
    1997 VW GTI VR6 / 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST / 2002 VW Golf GLS TDI / 2004 VW R32 HPA FT360 / 2004 VW R32 / 2012 VW Golf R 4dr Base / 2015 VW Golf R DSG loaded / 2017 VW Golf R DSG Loaded / 2018 Audi RS3 /

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by comingabriel View Post
    If you have carbon brakes, I feel bad for you went you need to change out the pads and rotors.
    Actually correct that, everything except the dynamic plus bs.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by iceman302 View Post
    Thatís never enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potatohead_RS3 View Post
    On a lease it is, but with luxury brands they usually don't do it. Lease on this car seems to be crap anyway.
    Apparently, my wisecrack went unnoticed.

As others have stated, the RS3 lease is highly unfavorable. Due to horrible taxes here in CA and a few other reasons, I wouldíve preferred to lease as well.
    On Order: 2018 Audi RS3 - Daytona Gray w/Aluminum Optics, Dynamic & Tech Packages

AZ Member #

It sounds like you should buy slightly used car. You still have the warranty. You won't get destroyed on RS lease numbers (unless you get lucky).

Cross shopping with an RS7 is a tough one for me to understand. Two different market segments.
    18 Silver RS3. Notable past cars: v10 r8, noble m400, lotus elise

Veteran Member Four Rings LINDW4LL's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Stage 3 S4, E46 M3
    Items for Sale

Thinking about buying RS3

Used RS3s are around $60k. So are some used RS7s. No brainer to just go RS7 at that point IMO.
    Totally different cars to shop against each other, but both fast I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by cam0719 View Post
    Leasing seems unfavorable because of bad resale value- but buying is unfavorable for the same reason when you resell the car.
    But the RS lease is made worse by the high money factor, as compared to purchasing outright or financing.

-Hayden

Registered Member One Ring PDXliam's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I paid 61 For everything minus dynamic plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #

What shocked me today, was that JB1? will pump out 440whp and no tuning required (tune box) on all STOCK parts.
    1997 VW GTI VR6 / 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST / 2002 VW Golf GLS TDI / 2004 VW R32 HPA FT360 / 2004 VW R32 / 2012 VW Golf R 4dr Base / 2015 VW Golf R DSG loaded / 2017 VW Golf R DSG Loaded / 2018 Audi RS3 /

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by PDXliam View Post
    I paid 61 For everything minus dynamic plus.
    I paid less, my car was $66,100 msrp :P

AZ Member #

Used?

How are you guys paying less than $61k NEW......here was thinking i got a great deal

AZ Member #

Got mine in August, one of the earlier 2018 cars, from a CA dealer. No way was I getting that less than MSRP. The market has softened a bit and supply has gone up.
    18 Silver RS3. Notable past cars: v10 r8, noble m400, lotus elise

AZ Member #

Where?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by PDXliam View Post
    Where?

Florida, where the best prices can be had.
    Plus, i got a trade in value almost the same as what I paid for my Golf R (used), almost a year later.

Maybe since a lot of recent sales and attention has been brought twd the RS3 lately, maybe you can get 10%-15% off.
    Worst case I found was 5% off and all fees included minus tax.

AZ Member #

Plus, i got a trade in value almost the same as what I paid for my Golf R (used), almost a year later.

Maybe since a lot of recent sales and attention has been brought twd the RS3 lately, maybe you can get 10%-15% off.
    What dealership, who was your sales guy?

AZ Member #

Donít need a sales person name, but really, what dealer in FL? Iíve called every one from Jacksonville to Miami and havenít gotten a quote for anything more than 2% off MSRP.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Faedro View Post
    Donít need a sales person name, but really, what dealer in FL? Iíve called every one from Jacksonville to Miami and havenít gotten a quote for anything more than 2% off MSRP.
    that's what i got so i took it. another wanted full MSRP so i laughed and left.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Faedro View Post
    They will NOT tell you anything over the phone or email. Have to be in person.
    I am not going to disclose any info about my purchsse, dealer, sales guys... As much as I would like to.

I would go to the GM of the Audi dealerships tell that person what you want off, and don't take no for an answer.
    Best start? Call each dealership, find out how many they have and details of each, the more they have on hand, the better your chances, and literally the end of month is the most effective way in getting the best deal

Established Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

They will NOT tell you anything over the phone or email. Have to be in person.
    I am not going to disclose any info about my purchsse, dealer, sales guys... As much as I would like to.

I would go to the GM of the Audi dealerships tell that person what you want off, and don't take no for an answer.
    Best start? Call each dealership, find out how many they have and details of each, the more they have on hand, the better your chances, and literally the end of month is the most effective way in getting the best deal
    I don't understand this. It's your prerogative but we are all here to help each other. If you don't want to disclose where you are from that's fine but in the end we are a community. I've helped a few people here get 3% off invoice when cars were first arriving.

AZ Member #

Your story just is not adding up...why wouldn't you want to hook up your sales guy!?! Anyway, My guy that hooked me up is David Price @ AUDI Wilsonville in Oregon. And Gabriel if your going to brag...well you should be able to back it up with facts and data. If anyone on the West Coast is looking to purchase I would absolutely reach out to him.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by lalalaprise View Post
    I don't understand this. It's your prerogative but we are all here to help each other. If you don't want to disclose where you are from that's fine but in the end we are a community. I've helped a few people here get 3% off invoice when cars were first arriving.
    My thoughts were the same on his quote.

AZ Member #

Well iím from florida too and the best i can help you guys with is 2% off thats all they were able to get me. But then again that was off my order. If it was dealer inventory i think they can probably do a little more.

Iím happy with what i got. Other dealers want MSRP only. I also got free wheel locks(by accident lol), paint pens, lunch and all season floor mats at cost.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast