Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings Joshlc1988's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    06 a4 s line 6mt, 95 s10 zr2

New injectors are coming!

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Just want to let everyone know, I just got off the phone with a company that will have a new injector available by the end of the year. Nostrum energy. I spoke with the staff member overseeing the setup and it sounds promising! From what they said this fueling issue has been brought to their attention several times now from the audi/vw ea113 community. Their new injector setup will replace the hdev1 injectors with modified hdev5 injectors. The man said the design stage is complete and it's currently being road tested with 2 different vehicles. I was told at least 50% more flow with our rail pressures. He said they have already showed great results and should be done by June and available in august. He's got my contact info and is gonna keep me updated on availability.
    Last edited by Joshlc1988; 05-16-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Established Member Four Rings funkypterodacty's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Good thing you didn't mention the company name, otherwise this post might have been helpful

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Lol my bad. I had literally just got off a 20min call with them. I was excited lol! Nostrum Energy out of Michigan. From what he said they recently finished the ea888 platform and ours is in the final stages. What impresses me is the flow rate vs rail pressure. No more high prv's and fast cam follower wear

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I fixed it for you

Established Member Four Rings funkypterodacty's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Hahaha np, thanks for the info on these guys. I sub'd to their email listing.

It does make me wonder why no other companies have come up with something like this before ?

Established Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Joshlc1988 View Post
    Lol my bad. I had literally just got off a 20min call with them. I was excited lol! Nostrum Energy out of Michigan. From what he said they recently finished the ea888 platform and ours is in the final stages. What impresses me is the flow rate vs rail pressure. No more high prv's and fast cam follower wear
    Can you go into more detail here? Explain a little more please.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionArmory View Post
    From what they say, they flow a lot more fuel for a given rail pressure. So less pressure can be used to get the same flow.

Veteran Member Four Rings canadianA4B7's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    parts
    Items for Sale

Theyíre already available. But require custom harness which I have made already. He and I spoke about this last year he forwarded the graphs/info at that time. Glad franks got this sorted out hell of an intelligent guy and spot on with always providing present useful data. Huge thumbs way up for Frank@nostrum energy.

https://www.nostrumshop.com/product/...ylinder-ea888/

The other injector being used is a Chevy unit I believe the data is on that graph on their site. (Red I think on graph)

The blue is the injector I Provided info on, which is currently in limbo as I cannot get the data on injector pressures and why they completely fall off beyond 100Bar. But both initially start higher then all other available for our platform. Testing and Tuning will be the solution likely Iíll spare a motor in the process. Hope not.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

If your meaning the cam follower deal. Most stock cars can get 20k out of a follower, most chipped 10k some less. The reason is because the higher rail pressure. Think of of the hpfp as a engine cylinder. Too much cylinder pressure to soon snaps a rod. In our case we have a wear item, so it wears much faster. As the hpfp spring pushes the piston down its filled with fuel, then the cam lobe pushes it up to a requested pressure compressing it, heading on to the injectors. As requested pressure rises with bigger turbos, more fuel is pushed in the cylinder, and also more pressure is requested to feed the injectors. So more is needed from the cam lobe to push that piston up. So more force is applied to the follower as the lobe pushes it up. Also the rail valve has to maintain that pressure without cracking. A cheap air compressor can fill a car tire, but try filling a loaded 18 wheeler tire with it.

So if these injectors can flow a lot more fuel at the same pressure,- A they can make more power, B- you can lower your requested pressure, C- you can run alternative fuel(e85) in bigger turbos. And it's less pressure on the entire system.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canadianA4B7 View Post
    Theyíre already available. But require custom harness which I have made already. He and I spoke about this last year he forwarded the graphs/info at that time. Glad franks got this sorted out hell of an intelligent guy and spot on with always providing present useful data. Huge thumbs way up for Frank@nostrum energy.

https://www.nostrumshop.com/product/...ylinder-ea888/
    Yeah good dude.i forgot half of that he said lol. He was willing to explain everything to me an not rush off the phone tho! Those are the ea888 injectors. Their why I called them. The way he explained it to me was he modified those injectors for the ea113. He said they changed some things inside them and that they should of been out sooner. But by what he told me today they will come with a modified pigtail harness or a modified pigtail connector made on?. He said they should be plug an play wiring before he moves to the next platform. Should be great for e85 or big turbos

Veteran Member Four Rings aluthman's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A7

There are injectors available across the pond for 1450 euro that supposedly support 700 hp.

Www.dynodrome.gr
    -Adam

'07 DTM A4 2.0T|6MT|EFR 7163 Twin Scroll|DoTuning|Built Motor|Meth and other go fast stuffÖ
    '06 A4 2.0T Quattro - RIP (Best ľ mile pass 13.634 @ 103.30)

Senior Member Three Rings WewannaB7's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Porsche Boxster, M-Benz ML350

10k miles out of the follower after being chipped? Not trying to stir things, but Iíve got 52k original miles on my 08 B7 which Iíve owned since new, and itís been chipped for 40k already, and I have not replaced the cam follower yet. Do they really need to be changed every 10k if youíre chipped? Iím stage 1 tuned.
    08 2.0T Quattro SE, APR Stage 1 - 93 Oct

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aluthman View Post
    There are injectors available across the pond for 1450 euro that supposedly support 700 hp.

Www.dynodrome.gr
    Tij-power also has fsi700's

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by WewannaB7 View Post
    10k miles out of the follower after being chipped? Not trying to stir things, but Iíve got 52k original miles on my 08 B7 which Iíve owned since new, and itís been chipped for 40k already, and I have not replaced the cam follower yet. Do they really need to be changed every 10k if youíre chipped? Iím stage 1 tuned.
    No, they donít. I changed mine 6 months after going K04 and the black coating was worn off but the follower itself was smooth with no dish in the middle. I could probably extend it to a year and be fine. I drive 25K a year or more.

AZ Member #

If your meaning the cam follower deal. Most stock cars can get 20k out of a follower, most chipped 10k some less. The reason is because the higher rail pressure. Think of of the hpfp as a engine cylinder. Too much cylinder pressure to soon snaps a rod. In our case we have a wear item, so it wears much faster. As the hpfp spring pushes the piston down its filled with fuel, then the cam lobe pushes it up to a requested pressure compressing it, heading on to the injectors. As requested pressure rises with bigger turbos, more fuel is pushed in the cylinder, and also more pressure is requested to feed the injectors. So more is needed from the cam lobe to push that piston up. So more force is applied to the follower as the lobe pushes it up. Also the rail valve has to maintain that pressure without cracking. A cheap air compressor can fill a car tire, but try filling a loaded 18 wheeler tire with it.

So if these injectors can flow a lot more fuel at the same pressure,- A they can make more power, B- you can lower your requested pressure, C- you can run alternative fuel(e85) in bigger turbos. And it's less pressure on the entire system.
    Yes, this was the explaination I was looking for.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

No sir i should of said most big turbo guys get 10k or so. It really depends on how much fuel pressure you run. I'm sgt 2+ for now an mine looks new at 8k miles. But the more power you want, the more fuel you'll need...

Senior Member Three Rings WewannaB7's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Porsche Boxster, M-Benz ML350

No sir i should of said most big turbo guys get 10k or so. It really depends on how much fuel pressure you run. I'm sgt 2+ for now an mine looks new at 8k miles. But the more power you want, the more fuel you'll need...
    Ah, ok...my car is nowhere near as built up as you guysí cars. Thanks for clarifying.
    08 2.0T Quattro SE, APR Stage 1 - 93 Oct

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Ah, ok...my car is nowhere near as built up as you guysí cars. Thanks for clarifying.
    Mines not really built either yet. I'm just starting to gather parts and really dig in. The way I see it, it'll never be worth what I paid for it, and its occupied me thru some tough times so I'll never sell it. So I might as well build the shit out of it and enjoy having fun ride!

Veteran Member Four Rings aluthman's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A7

No, they donít. I changed mine 6 months after going K04 and the black coating was worn off but the follower itself was smooth with no dish in the middle. I could probably extend it to a year and be fine. I drive 25K a year or more.
    If you drive that much a year, there is likely a lot of highway driving, which means you aren't operating at a super high rail pressure. You only see increased wear when you are actually operating in those higher pressure ranges. If you beat on your car daily and run at or near redline and 130+ bar rail pressure, you will burn through a cam follower pretty damn quickly.
    -Adam

'07 DTM A4 2.0T|6MT|EFR 7163 Twin Scroll|DoTuning|Built Motor|Meth and other go fast stuffÖ
    '06 A4 2.0T Quattro - RIP (Best ľ mile pass 13.634 @ 103.30)

Veteran Member Four Rings Denio24's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Www.dynodrome.gr
    They have complete fueling kits with the roller conversion! 600/700 HP.
    Garage: 2008 Quartz Gray Audi A4Q 6MT
    Tuning: JHM Tuned Stage 2 93 Octane w/ IE HPFP

AZ Member #

If you drive that much a year, there is likely a lot of highway driving, which means you aren't operating at a super high rail pressure. You only see increased wear when you are actually operating in those higher pressure ranges. If you beat on your car daily and run at or near redline and 130+ bar rail pressure, you will burn through a cam follower pretty damn quickly.
    Mostly rural highway. 50 speed limit. I donít baby it. 😀

I hear you though. Iíll have to be more careful this summer with track season.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

No offense at all but a k04 isn't that big. I've read where some of these guys have 165, 175bar rail valves made just to handle all the turbo their running. Gtx 30's/35's, big EFR's, and e85 lovers. Don't get me wrong I've thought of the k04 many times. But for what I want and the roads I drive I want more on the top end. My car isn't a daily and wasn't bought to be, so I run it rather hard when I'm in it.

AZ Member #

No offense at all but a k04 isn't that big. I've read where some of these guys have 165, 175bar rail valves made just to handle all the turbo their running. Gtx 30's/35's, big EFR's, and e85 lovers. Don't get me wrong I've thought of the k04 many times. But for what I want and the roads I drive I want more on the top end. My car isn't a daily and wasn't bought to be, so I run it rather hard when I'm in it.
    Why would I be offended? Someone said chipped and beyond cars need cam follower replacement every 10k. Thatís just not true.

When I get around to it Iíll install my meth kit and even then, replacing the cam follower every 10K is excessive.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    parts
    Items for Sale

Yeah good dude.i forgot half of that he said lol. He was willing to explain everything to me an not rush off the phone tho! Those are the ea888 injectors. Their why I called them. The way he explained it to me was he modified those injectors for the ea113. He said they changed some things inside them and that they should of been out sooner. But by what he told me today they will come with a modified pigtail harness or a modified pigtail connector made on?. He said they should be plug an play wiring before he moves to the next platform. Should be great for e85 or big turbos
    Harnesses will be the one thing that will become an issue. If I could find the actual tool for removing the pins I could have made it much better. Harness used from a newer 2.0T was $100 and youíll require a used one from our platform.

Pigtails would have been handy but still would require soldering and confirming + and - was a nightmare as everything is/was flipped when injectors are installed. A full harness solution is out there from revlimit but again responses there were hit and miss and I never got the info I was asking for.
    Last edited by canadianA4B7; 05-16-2018 at 07:22 PM.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    parts
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Denio24 View Post
    They have complete fueling kits with the roller conversion! 600/700 HP.
    I have this already here in Canada too. Just need injectors

AZ Member #
    My Garage

[QUOTE=EvolutionArmory;13110225]Why would I be offended? Someone said chipped and beyond cars need cam follower replacement every 10k. Thatís just not true.

When I get around to it Iíll install my meth kit and even then, replacing the cam follower every 10K is excessive.[/Never know some people are offended easily lol. An yeah that was me that said that, and I corrected myself afterwards. I'll replace mine every 10 to 15k just because it's so cheap. I got 4 followers with my car and measured the overall height and base thickness for all of them. I cut 2 of them up to test the thickness. One had almost 1/2mm of coating while the other was almost all metal. So I don't trust them much lol. And yes once you do the water/ meth your follower will probably last longer due to the extra octane of the meth rich ending the mixture, lowering the need for as much fuel. My original post was more meant for the guys testing the limits of our platform running big turbos..

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Harnesses will be the one thing that will become an issue. If I could find the actual tool for removing the pins I could have made it much better. Harness used from a newer 2.0T was $100 and youíll require a used one from our platform.
    Are you running their injectors now? I was thinking there was something different with the signal?
    Also thanks for the torqbyte info? I'll be getting their j538x an pm3 here in a couple weeks. I discussed the whole cm5-lt cam sensor vs coil signal with them too for aux injector control.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    parts
    Items for Sale

I have the injectors that fall off at 100bar right now not installed, I had them in it did fire up ran for 10 seconds then died. I removed them for S3 units for now. Malone is on board and it sounds like he can control them at 100 bar constant but I donít know much more and Frank was hesitant on running them. Revlimit in Greece also has hit 746 up using the injectors I have and the roller conversion which I have but they never got back to me on tuning costs so I went w Malone. I donít know what to do now. Other then hook up a number of alternate sensors and go for it withwhat I have. Hoping that a failsafe killing the car if the injectors fall at 100bar.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I have the injectors that fall off at 100bar right now not installed, I had them in it did fire up ran for 10 seconds then died. I removed them for S3 units for now. Malone is on board and it sounds like he can control them at 100 bar constant but I donít know much more and Frank was hesitant on running them. Revlimit in Greece also has hit 746 up using the injectors I have and the roller conversion which I have but they never got back to me on tuning costs so I went w Malone. I donít know what to do now. Other then hook up a number of alternate sensors and go for it withwhat I have. Hoping that a failsafe killing the car if the injectors fall at 100bar.
    Them flowing to 100 bar then dropping off in a slope like that makes me think something electrical is overheating. If it was voltage or a short out, I would think they would drop like a cliff. That's weird! I've messaged Malone twice now for my tuning with no answer so I don't know what I gonna do either unless I maestro it.

Veteran Member Four Rings Denio24's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have this already here in Canada too. Just need injectors
    Dont you have a build thread?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    Garage: 2008 Quartz Gray Audi A4Q 6MT
    Tuning: JHM Tuned Stage 2 93 Octane w/ IE HPFP

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    parts
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Denio24 View Post
    Dont you have a build thread?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    Barely!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    parts
    Items for Sale

Them flowing to 100 bar then dropping off in a slope like that makes me think something electrical is overheating. If it was voltage or a short out, I would think they would drop like a cliff. That's weird! I've messaged Malone twice now for my tuning with no answer so I don't know what I gonna do either unless I maestro it.
    Iíll sell you maestro. Need to get rid of mine. The testing was done by nostrum in house. So the cut out on them was strange to frank too. The items in maestro which I have actually gotten opened up will likely be whatís needed to tune for such things.

Iíll message Malone direct on your behalf though. I know heís got some projects (like mine) that he has been working on lately. So shoot me your info so I can use a direct name not a screen name.

This is a link to the injector harness which is available from revlimit. http://www.revlimit.gr/images/conten...gg-eutheia.jpg
    Last edited by canadianA4B7; 05-16-2018 at 11:22 PM.

Established Member Three Rings StatusQuo's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I'm am so excite

Can anyone confirm they will supply injector data? Like optimal injector times and such? For maestro.

I'm liking my RS4 injectors but cold starts are... Garbage to say the least lol.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Audizine mobile app
    B7 Audi A4 Quattro - Built. Not Bought.
    Upgraded HPFP | RS4 Injectors | RS4 LPFP Controller | 175 Bar PRV | 50/50 E85 | Straightpipe Exhaust | Cold Air Intake | Big Turbo | Front Mount Intercooler | -- The Maestro Community Project --

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Their other direct injectors all have the flow data listed so I would say so. Go to nostrumshop.com and look at the k-di ea888 injectors. Data is at the bottom. From what he said he modified those to work.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    parts
    Items for Sale

Is his listing $451 for 4 or is that for singles?

The ones in Greece are $650 euro plus shipping. Just over $1000.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

The ad for the e888's say quantity-4 in the add. I hope it's not singles! That be crazy money!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    parts
    Items for Sale

The ad for the e888's say quantity-4 in the add. I hope it's not singles! That be crazy money!
    If I can get the answer Iíll gladly toss them in. If thatís for singles Iíll be going overseas for a solution. Or find out how to drive the continential units.

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B7 A4
    Items for Sale

Pigtails would have been handy but still would require soldering and confirming + and - was a nightmare as everything is/was flipped when injectors are installed. A full harness solution is out there from revlimit but again responses there were hit and miss and I never got the info I was asking for.
    I just swapped over to the TSI harness. Did you notice the 1 on the connectors of the original vs the TSI? Are you saying that Pin1 is different harness to harness?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    parts
    Items for Sale

$451/injector! Damn Iíd need to win some cash before I dive this deep into injectors.