Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Three Rings A6sport's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    C5 A6, D4 A8L, B8 A5, MK1 TT Roadster, Lexus RX 400h

APR Stage II happening today... what to expect as to enhenced driving experience.

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Don't know what to really expect. Downpipe, Stage II tune, S5 rear resonator/ muffler (left side only)

A little more HP, TQ, Motor sound, throttle response. However with Stage I, throttle response is very good, better than stock.
    2012 A7 PP| S Exterior| RS Carbon Optics| Carbon spoiler| Carbon diffuser| Carbon mirrors/ carbon pods| V6T badges| Smoked tail, side markers| 21" High-Gloss Black Blade wheels| S sport exhaust| APR Stage II 93 dual pulleys| RS7 intake| S Sport Brembos Ft/RR| TAG B/O rings

Alcantara Exclusive Interior| Super sport seats| FB Steering wheel| S door sills| RS shifter| Audi sport puddle lights
    S Aluminum Pedals| RS floor mats| S start button| Piano Black inlays| RS Seat belts| Ambient lighting|

Established Member Three Rings Nano909's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by A6sport View Post
    Don't know what to really expect. Downpipe, Stage II tune, S5 rear resonator/ muffler (left side only)

A little more HP, TQ, Motor sound, throttle response. However with Stage I, throttle response is very good, better than stock.
    What you'll notice is how long you waited to go Stage 2 and then kick yourself from it.
    I always tell everyone to go straight to stage 2. You're going to love it.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Good to know... thanks-
    2012 A7 PP| S Exterior| RS Carbon Optics| Carbon spoiler| Carbon diffuser| Carbon mirrors/ carbon pods| V6T badges| Smoked tail, side markers| 21" High-Gloss Black Blade wheels| S sport exhaust| APR Stage II 93 dual pulleys| RS7 intake| S Sport Brembos Ft/RR| TAG B/O rings

Alcantara Exclusive Interior| Super sport seats| FB Steering wheel| S door sills| RS shifter| Audi sport puddle lights
    S Aluminum Pedals| RS floor mats| S start button| Piano Black inlays| RS Seat belts| Ambient lighting|

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1997 BMW M3 w/ CES Stage IV Turbo

Is it true you will not pass emissions with Stage II?
    1997 BMW M3
    CES Stage IV (651/615 @ 24 psi)
    2013 Audi A4
    Prestige package, S-Line, 6-speed

Veteran Member Three Rings TwinTipSkier's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 VW Sportwagen 2.5S

Quote Originally Posted by A6sport View Post

All of the above, and its great!

Quote Originally Posted by BMWManiac View Post
    Is it true you will not pass emissions with Stage II?
    Yes, if your state does OBDII readiness check/visual(like in Cali) But sooo worth the trouble of flashing back to stg1 and getting the readiness timing right come inspection time!
    -John
    | '12 A4 Avant 2.0TQ| Thread|
    | Brilliant Red | BBS SR | ST-X | S4 Stabilizers | 034HFC & CC | Mototec Exhaust | 3.0 TDI FMIC | GFB DV+ | R8 Coils | APR Stg2 93 | Podi | "RS" Front | S4 Wheel | S-Tronic Shifter |
    '02 A4 1.8TQMS -gone, not forgotten

Veteran Member Four Rings adamazing's Avatar
    AZ Member #

One thing to be considerate of:
    The tune will take a little while to adapt. You wont notice the full benefit or change right away. It may take a few hours of driving, or a couple of days to fully "settle" in.

I went from stock to stage 2, and while it was noticeable as soon as I left the shop, it wasn't immediately as drastic as I was anticipating. It wasn't until a day or two later that the change took full effect.

2013 A4 Quattro Brushed Steel / APR E85 Stage 2 / AG F421 Copper + Smoke + Neo Chrome / Eurocode FMIC + HFC / AWE Quad + CF Valance
    build / instagram / flickr

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Got it back this evening, I must say I'm not unhappy. It's definitely different from Stage I. I actually thought it would be more engine sound than quickness. Throttle response is better. The car seems just faster. Tomorrow the S5 rear resonator goes on (left side only) Will report back.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1997 BMW M3 w/ CES Stage IV Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by adamazing View Post
    One thing to be considerate of:
    The tune will take a little while to adapt. You wont notice the full benefit or change right away. It may take a few hours of driving, or a couple of days to fully "settle" in.

I went from stock to stage 2, and while it was noticeable as soon as I left the shop, it wasn't immediately as drastic as I was anticipating. It wasn't until a day or two later that the change took full effect.
    Did you go all in for stage 2 with your HFC and FMIC? Can you upgrade to stage 2 and stay stock with those parts? I know you're not maximizing the tune. Intercooler isn't an issue for me, but I don't think I want to deal with spacers/potential CELs
    1997 BMW M3
    CES Stage IV (651/615 @ 24 psi)
    2013 Audi A4
    Prestige package, S-Line, 6-speed

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Nano909 View Post
    What you'll notice is how long you waited to go Stage 2 and then kick yourself from it.
    I always tell everyone to go straight to stage 2. You're going to love it.
    Bingo. I didn't screw around. I went from Stock to Stage 2 and the difference blew me away. I later added the GFB DV+ to smooth things out. I'm thinking I need to do an intake and maybe a muffler delete as well. Enjoy!
    2009 Audi A4 Quattro / Prestige / Phantom Black Pearl / APR Stage II / GFB DV+

Established Member Three Rings tominabox1's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Walletclan View Post
    Bingo. I didn't screw around. I went from Stock to Stage 2 and the difference blew me away. I later added the GFB DV+ to smooth things out. I'm thinking I need to do an intake and maybe a muffler delete as well. Enjoy!
    How does the DV "smooth things out"
    2014 A4 Quattro // Sport Package, Black Optics, Bang and Olufsen
    IE Stage 2, CR-15 Strut Brace, USP High Flow Cat, Spulen turbo inlet pipe, aFe filter

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

With more boost, the stock DV has the potential to fail over time causing boost leaks. The DV+ does a better job of managing the pressure in the intercooler. By keeping more pressure in the intercooler, the turbo doesn't have to spool back up as much between shifts and the throttle response becomes better. That is a gross over simplification. It's money well spent.

http://www.gofastbits.com/products/b...cations-detail
    2009 Audi A4 Quattro / Prestige / Phantom Black Pearl / APR Stage II / GFB DV+

Senior Member Three Rings B7AudiSline's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I went from stock to StgII also and the tune did take a couple days to fully adapt, well worth the money.
    2012 B8 Quattro Prestige S-line/Black Optic PKG/Phantom Black Pearl/VCDS/TINTS/APR HFC W/3inch downpipe/Kohlefaser Luft-Technik Intake System/Turbo inlet hose/APR Stg 2/R8 Coil Packs/
    Luft-Technik Intercooler w/hard pipes

RIP 2007 BB A4 2.0T Quattro Tip S-line Titanium Pgk/APR STG 2/Test Pipe/3'' Downpipe/Forge DV/K&N Drop in Filter/VAGCOM/APR Snub Mount/ECS Vent Pod Boost Gauge/CC/HOEN Fogs/LED City Lights/ECS LED Plate Lights/Tint/RIP

Senior Member Three Rings SoFarGon's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Walletclan View Post
    With more boost, the stock DV has the potential to fail over time causing boost leaks. The DV+ does a better job of managing the pressure in the intercooler. By keeping more pressure in the intercooler, the turbo doesn't have to spool back up as much between shifts and the throttle response becomes better. That is a gross over simplification. It's money well spent.

http://www.gofastbits.com/products/b...cations-detail
    DV + has caused more issues than benefits since it came out. The same thing with the Forge DV which gets stuck open. The OE DV will easily handle stage 2+ power. On the B7's the old diaphragm design would rip but the updated piston style revision D has yet to fail. B8 uses the same revision D.

Established Member Three Rings tominabox1's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by SoFarGon View Post
    DV + has caused more issues than benefits since it came out. The same thing with the Forge DV which gets stuck open. The OE DV will easily handle stage 2+ power. On the B7's the old diaphragm design would rip but the updated piston style revision D has yet to fail. B8 uses the same revision D.
    2014 A4 has the latest and best factory DV right?
    2014 A4 Quattro // Sport Package, Black Optics, Bang and Olufsen
    IE Stage 2, CR-15 Strut Brace, USP High Flow Cat, Spulen turbo inlet pipe, aFe filter

Veteran Member Four Rings bhvrdr's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    997S; Camaro SS; e30 BMW, Toyota FJ

I believe you should have the D piston valve. Its a pierburg. Its your best bet. Very very quick reacting setup. If the car came from the factory with a GFB i'd put on the pierburg ;)

Mike

2010 Audi A4 Avant 6AT - Unitronic Tuned - Bone Stock Hardware
    13.665 at 97.71mph - 93 octane - +1250DA
    Gone:
    2013 Audi S5 DSG - Unitronic Stage 2++ ECU & TCU, 3.17pr, Revo Charge Cooler, CTS Turbo Intake, ST60 380mm BBK
    11.482 at 118.70mph - 97 octane - +465DA
    --------------------------
    2016 A6 -- 2015 S4 -- 2009 A4 -- 2004 S4 -- 2006 A4 -- 2003 A4 -- 2000 A4

Established Member Two Rings didyouseethat83's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Very true about adaptation. Low end power gains were almost immediate but it took about 2 days of driving around until the the top end started pulling like never before. Crazy how “stage 2” wakes up the car. I shit you all not, my buddies m sport 335xi with fob and mhd stg2 was neck and neck with my a4 (his diffuser was inching on me). Even when he was stock I’d pull on him all the time. Can’t wait to save up for k04

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Veteran Member Four Rings adamazing's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BMWManiac View Post
    Did you go all in for stage 2 with your HFC and FMIC? Can you upgrade to stage 2 and stay stock with those parts? I know you're not maximizing the tune. Intercooler isn't an issue for me, but I don't think I want to deal with spacers/potential CELs

The HFC is a required piece for Stage 2.

The IC is not, but I already had it installed prior to the tune anyway.

2013 A4 Quattro Brushed Steel / APR E85 Stage 2 / AG F421 Copper + Smoke + Neo Chrome / Eurocode FMIC + HFC / AWE Quad + CF Valance
    build / instagram / flickr

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    JSW TDI, 2010 XC90 V8, 2008 XC90 V8, 2009 XC90 V8 and 2005 XC90 V8 oh and Chrysler 200S

My big surprise was when I filled up with E85 for first time after HFC install. Its almost like going up another stage. The difference between 93 and E85 was like stock to Stage 2.
    IF you got the ALUM manifold go fill it up and report back.
    2013 B8.5 A4 Quattro DSG Ibis White. (HERS)
    2013 GOLF Sportwagen TDI 6spd. Candy White (HIS)
    2010 Volvo XC90 V8 R-Design (Daily)

Senior Member Three Rings SoFarGon's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by didyouseethat83 View Post
    Very true about adaptation. Low end power gains were almost immediate but it took about 2 days of driving around until the the top end started pulling like never before. Crazy how “stage 2” wakes up the car. I shit you all not, my buddies m sport 335xi with fob and mhd stg2 was neck and neck with my a4 (his diffuser was inching on me). Even when he was stock I’d pull on him all the time. Can’t wait to save up for k04

Were you guys racing backwards or something?

335 stock is 320hp/332 ft-lb torque with the E92 chassis. You're talking S4 numbers which means a stock A4 can pull on a stock S4?

I'm just trying to understand how this makes any sense.

AZ Member #

Were you guys racing backwards or does he have no clue how to drive? 335 stock is 320hp/332 ft-lb torque with the E92 chassis. You're talking S4 numbers which means a stock A4 can pull on a stock S4? I'm just trying to understand how this makes any sense.
    Nah man, stock 335’s make around the same power as we do on stage 2 to the crank. Not sure what kinda special sauce my tuner put in there but the thing moves.

Established Member Three Rings Nano909's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Were you guys racing backwards or something?

335 stock is 320hp/332 ft-lb torque with the E92 chassis. You're talking S4 numbers which means a stock A4 can pull on a stock S4?

I'm just trying to understand how this makes any sense.
    Don't forget it's AWD not RWD, so those numbers go down significantly.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Nano909 View Post
    Don't forget it's AWD not RWD, so those numbers go down significantly.
    Exactly. Catless stage 2 on x drive 335’s make less than the RWD models.

Veteran Member Four Rings bhvrdr's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    997S; Camaro SS; e30 BMW, Toyota FJ

Quote Originally Posted by didyouseethat83 View Post
    Exactly. Catless stage 2 on x drive 335’s make less than the RWD models.

http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW--335xi-Drag-Racing.html

2010 Audi A4 Avant 6AT - Unitronic Tuned - Bone Stock Hardware
    13.665 at 97.71mph - 93 octane - +1250DA
    Gone:
    2013 Audi S5 DSG - Unitronic Stage 2++ ECU & TCU, 3.17pr, Revo Charge Cooler, CTS Turbo Intake, ST60 380mm BBK
    11.482 at 118.70mph - 97 octane - +465DA
    --------------------------
    2016 A6 -- 2015 S4 -- 2009 A4 -- 2004 S4 -- 2006 A4 -- 2003 A4 -- 2000 A4