Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '84 Ur-q, '04 S4 6MT, '08 Outback XT 5MT

'04 Audi S4 Clean- SW Connecticut

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    For Sale 2004 Audi S4 6MT-$11,500

I am selling my late build 2004 Audi S4 equipped with the 6 speed manual transmission. I have owned this car since December of 09 and it has been garage kept during that time. We have used the car as our weekend/trip car for the most part. I am a long time Audi owner (25+ years) and like to think that I take pretty good care of my cars, this car presents itself very well and I am quite picky. I would not be selling this car if it was not for the fact that I was involved in a skiing accident this past winter which resulted in an injury that prevents me from driving a manual car.

Car Details:
    -April 2004 Build Date- This means that the car has the updated chain guides that were used in the later B6/B7 cars.
    -Avus Silver with black interior- both the paint and interior are in very good shape. The car was never to a car wash during my ownership and always hand washed. I did a complete exterior detail every year and have kept the interior pretty clean. There are no rips or stains on any of the leather surfaces, dash is clean.
    -Adult Owned
    -101,800 miles
    -Oil religiously changed every 5K miles using only Mobile 1 0-40 European Blend
    -Everything works
    -Fairly complete service history under my ownership
    -Two sets of wheels- 5pc 18X9 TDR Race 1.2s in black, very decent shape (two small curb marks, spare wheel with heavy curbing), These wheels need tires. B5 Avus wheels with very good Dunlop M3 Winter Sports (215/50/17)
    -Miltek Exhaust
    -JHM Shifter Trio
    -RS4 Sway Bars
    -Very rare ADR module for Valentine One Radar Detector
    -Dension iPhone interface
    -Front license plate delete
    -Low mileage pads and rotors
    -Very minimal to zero chain noise on cold start, no rattle ever on warm start
    - 1qt per 5000 mile oil consumption- I was very anal about not putting a lot load on the motor until it was thoroughly warmed up (20 minutes of driving)

The Bad
    -4 small dings in the body
    -Rear bumper has a small amount of rash
    -Scratch under front bumper- hard to see unless you are looking for it.
    -One hinge on the center console is broken (very common)
    -Both front speaker covers are slightly cracked (no missing pieces)
    -Small exhaust leak at downpipe/cat back joint. I have new Miltek clamps and was going to fix that this spring but my injury prevents me from doing so. Once the car is thoroughly warmed the exhaust leak goes away.
    -Control Arms- They are totally usable as is and I am not seeing any crazy tire wear but they are getting slightly clunky. I had planned on doing the arms and ball joints this spring/summer. Pinch bolts were professionally freed up last summer so it should be an easy job.

This is a good solid car with a service history and a longtime owner which you just do not find terrible often. We regularly used this car for family vacations and would be comfortable driving this car anywhere. As is it is a great car but if you are interested in a V8 S4 to make a bit more sporty this would be an excellent candidate as well because you just have to focus on the performance aspect and not worry about the Aesthetics. I have loved this car and will miss it dearly but unfortunately I must part with it. The car is located in SW Connecticut and is currently registered and insured. Please feel free to call or e-mail for details. I will not respond to texts thank you. Please do not waste my time if you are not truly interested in the car, I have a lot going on with both work and the rehab from my injury.

Jim
    516-901-1332
    LJH40025@gmail.com

Senior Member Three Rings CONative's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B7 S4 Avant 6MT, '03 Subaru Outback

Sedan or Avant?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Cheers,
    Ry-man

Veteran Member Four Rings DownhillA4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Sedan.

Formula1 died with the introduction of DRS and KERS.
    RallyNorthAmerica - Team Stop Texting
    IG: @downhill_a4
    @I_like_your_box

"If you are a true automotive enthusiast whom loves their car,
    you learn to catch rides to parties and leave your car at home."- dougyfresh

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by DownhillA4 View Post
    Sedan.

Looks rather dirty there....

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '84 Ur-q, '04 S4 6MT, '08 Outback XT 5MT

Quote Originally Posted by auditanky View Post
    Looks rather dirty there....
    As you can see it is a sedan. This was up at the Nordic Jump in Brattleboro VT during their annual event. It was below freezing in the AM and then thawed during the day, a complete mess with dozens of cars and trucks stuck but the S4 made it out....the VT'ers were pretty impressed with the flatlander.

Cheers,
    Jim