Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 18 2008
    AZ Member #
    36498
    Location
    Virginia

    AWE Exhaust updates/release date info?

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I assume that there is no new additional info on when it will be released/sound clips/ price, but figured I would ask.

    Interested since I probably won't order the dynamic package and I imagine the non sport exhaust isn't very exciting.

    thanks
    2005.5 A4 Avant 2.0T Quattro with Tip
    APR K04, 034 HFC, APR HPFP, AWE Exhaust, Vogtland Coils, RS4 Sway Bar
    CF side skirts and front splitter, S4 Blades, Rear Spoiler, S4 Mirror Caps, CC, OEM Bi-xenons,Fly300kts leds, S-Line Bumper, RS4 Grill, RS4 Fog Lights Grills, AG580 staggered, Rear Camera, Front/Rear Parking sensors
    Black Suede Headliner, RS6 Alcantara Steering Wheel, B8 Tip Knob with Alcantara boot, RS6 pedals, CF Trim, VW blue needles, Boost Gauge, RS4 Parking Brake Cover, 35% tint

  2. #2
    Registered Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    May 03 2018
    AZ Member #
    418157
    Location
    USA

    I inquired about their DP, and got "the end of this month or sometime next month" response.

    They will be using the euro-6 comp 200 cell cat, which is good.

    I may run straight pipes, or dual hf cats, post the dp cat, and I am not planning to upgrade the cat-back (using loosely on this car) on the RS3.

    Their is a beta(s) running around, but maybe they can't chime in yet?
    1997 VW GTI VR6 / 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST / 2002 VW Golf GLS TDI / 2004 VW R32 HPA FT360 / 2004 VW R32 / 2012 VW Golf R 4dr Base / 2015 VW Golf R DSG loaded / 2017 VW Golf R DSG Loaded / 2018 Audi RS3 /

  3. #3
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 18 2008
    AZ Member #
    36498
    Location
    Virginia

    I have a high flow cat now and I don't want to go that route as it's a pain for emissions here in VA. Need to go to NGP so they can change the APR software or whatever they do then go get emissions done then come back and get the software reinstalled.
    2005.5 A4 Avant 2.0T Quattro with Tip
    APR K04, 034 HFC, APR HPFP, AWE Exhaust, Vogtland Coils, RS4 Sway Bar
    CF side skirts and front splitter, S4 Blades, Rear Spoiler, S4 Mirror Caps, CC, OEM Bi-xenons,Fly300kts leds, S-Line Bumper, RS4 Grill, RS4 Fog Lights Grills, AG580 staggered, Rear Camera, Front/Rear Parking sensors
    Black Suede Headliner, RS6 Alcantara Steering Wheel, B8 Tip Knob with Alcantara boot, RS6 pedals, CF Trim, VW blue needles, Boost Gauge, RS4 Parking Brake Cover, 35% tint

  4. #4
    Registered Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    May 03 2018
    AZ Member #
    418157
    Location
    USA

    Quote Originally Posted by mudd1011 View Post
    I have a high flow cat now and I don't want to go that route as it's a pain for emissions here in VA. Need to go to NGP so they can change the APR software or whatever they do then go get emissions done then come back and get the software reinstalled.
    Yeah, pretty much any tuner can help there, to pass all rediness tests and keep from throwing a CEL. APR is good for power, but you will overboost/limp and that bs does not work for me and the family, esp part throttle lane changing limp crap.
    1997 VW GTI VR6 / 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST / 2002 VW Golf GLS TDI / 2004 VW R32 HPA FT360 / 2004 VW R32 / 2012 VW Golf R 4dr Base / 2015 VW Golf R DSG loaded / 2017 VW Golf R DSG Loaded / 2018 Audi RS3 /

  5. #5
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    May 08 2017
    AZ Member #
    399157
    Location
    NJ

    I donít live very far from headquarters had my wheels and suspension done there got to see prototype of the exhaust tips in diamond black looks really nice I was told earlier summer which is fairly vague


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  6. #6
    Registered Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    May 03 2018
    AZ Member #
    418157
    Location
    USA

    I don't expect it to look vastly different than the S3 exhaust, maybe just the tips (single vs dual).

    I can probably use my VW Golf R AWE CB exhaust on the RS3, with some modifications of course, that I have all parts and equipment to do, and get back some of that sweet road raping growl going on again. But, I would like a larger muffler (if it has one), so I will just sell mine and buy their complete system (a 3rd time in ~1.5 yrs). Love AWE, and their team. But, John Voss is the best! #hearmeroar #beers #awe #love #sickdsgfarts lol....
    1997 VW GTI VR6 / 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST / 2002 VW Golf GLS TDI / 2004 VW R32 HPA FT360 / 2004 VW R32 / 2012 VW Golf R 4dr Base / 2015 VW Golf R DSG loaded / 2017 VW Golf R DSG Loaded / 2018 Audi RS3 /

  7. #7
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 21 2017
    AZ Member #
    393770
    Location
    Philadelphia

    All I can say is the car is with them now for what I hope is the tail end of development. Don't know a release date but fingers crossed we can all get our hands on one in the next month or so. Windows down season is upon us in the NE and I need that 5 cyl sound booming off the trees on the back roads.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 18 2008
    AZ Member #
    36498
    Location
    Virginia

    do you know if they are keeping the oval shape for the exhaust tips?
    2005.5 A4 Avant 2.0T Quattro with Tip
    APR K04, 034 HFC, APR HPFP, AWE Exhaust, Vogtland Coils, RS4 Sway Bar
    CF side skirts and front splitter, S4 Blades, Rear Spoiler, S4 Mirror Caps, CC, OEM Bi-xenons,Fly300kts leds, S-Line Bumper, RS4 Grill, RS4 Fog Lights Grills, AG580 staggered, Rear Camera, Front/Rear Parking sensors
    Black Suede Headliner, RS6 Alcantara Steering Wheel, B8 Tip Knob with Alcantara boot, RS6 pedals, CF Trim, VW blue needles, Boost Gauge, RS4 Parking Brake Cover, 35% tint

  9. #9
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 21 2017
    AZ Member #
    393770
    Location
    Philadelphia

    Quote Originally Posted by mudd1011 View Post
    do you know if they are keeping the oval shape for the exhaust tips?
    Ovals all day. If it was quads we would look even closer to an S3 at first glance.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Three Rings Sniper260687's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 22 2015
    AZ Member #
    344278
    Location
    Oklahoma

    Better be a Track edition exhaust.

    Just like i had on my 14 S4....what an amazing sound

  11. #11
    Veteran Member Four Rings John P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 23 2010
    AZ Member #
    64781
    Location
    SoCal

    Amazing that itís taking this long ....
    John P.
    five_cyl on Instagram
    -2018 Audi RS3 (Delivered August 3, 2017)
    -2011 Audi S5 (Gone)
    -2001 Audi TT (Gone)

  12. #12
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Josh/AWE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08 2012
    AZ Member #
    313075
    Location
    Horsham, PA

    Quote Originally Posted by comingabriel View Post
    I inquired about their DP, and got "the end of this month or sometime next month" response.

    They will be using the euro-6 comp 200 cell cat, which is good.

    I may run straight pipes, or dual hf cats, post the dp cat, and I am not planning to upgrade the cat-back (using loosely on this car) on the RS3.

    Their is a beta(s) running around, but maybe they can't chime in yet?
    Not sure a DP is going to happen at this time... so let's try to refrain from getting hopes up :)

    Quote Originally Posted by comingabriel View Post
    I don't expect it to look vastly different than the S3 exhaust, maybe just the tips (single vs dual).

    I can probably use my VW Golf R AWE CB exhaust on the RS3, with some modifications of course, that I have all parts and equipment to do, and get back some of that sweet road raping growl going on again. But, I would like a larger muffler (if it has one), so I will just sell mine and buy their complete system (a 3rd time in ~1.5 yrs). Love AWE, and their team. But, John Voss is the best! #hearmeroar #beers #awe #love #sickdsgfarts lol....
    Going to be different -- definitely not repurposing the S3 design.

    Quote Originally Posted by chrono9six View Post
    All I can say is the car is with them now for what I hope is the tail end of development. Don't know a release date but fingers crossed we can all get our hands on one in the next month or so. Windows down season is upon us in the NE and I need that 5 cyl sound booming off the trees on the back roads.
    We appreciate you, my friend! Thanks for everything thus far.

    Quote Originally Posted by mudd1011 View Post
    do you know if they are keeping the oval shape for the exhaust tips?
    Dang straight we are. They look radical.

    Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    Amazing that itís taking this long ....
    Sigh. If only the RS3 was the only vehicle rotating in and out of R&D
    Performance Specialist
    AWE-Tuning.com > 1.888.565.2257
    my email > facebook > twitter > instagram > youtube

  13. #13
    Established Member Three Rings shivaswrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 21 2017
    AZ Member #
    407250
    Location
    NJ/CT

    I don't want to sound like a complete dick but most folks forget we are a small community, The other releases cater to a larger base with shittier sounding exhausts.

    Stock with mid pipes our exhausts sound good....I'd AWE can come out with new valves I'd be interested this rattle sucks.
    2017 RS3 | Xpel in the front & Feynlabs all around | WINCOS IR 30% F and 20% R | 245/35-19 Pirelli Sottozero Serie II for winters | I'm not modding this super amazing car so I'm going to list stupid $hit like RS3 All season mats and Blendmount for Escort Max

  14. #14
    Senior Member Three Rings Sniper260687's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 22 2015
    AZ Member #
    344278
    Location
    Oklahoma

    Quote Originally Posted by josh/awe View Post
    not sure a dp is going to happen at this time... So let's try to refrain from getting hopes up :)



    going to be different -- definitely not repurposing the s3 design.



    We appreciate you, my friend! Thanks for everything thus far.



    Dang straight we are. They look radical.



    sigh. If only the rs3 was the only vehicle rotating in and out of r&d
    soooooo eta???

  15. #15
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 14 2006
    AZ Member #
    13383
    Location
    San Jose, Ca.

    Great point. It's that or they rush to market and charge us an extreme mark up to make up for the lack of volume.

    That being said, I also thought AWE made some very nice HW in the past and would love to have put AWE parts on my car.

    Quote Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
    I don't want to sound like a complete dick but most folks forget we are a small community, The other releases cater to a larger base with shittier sounding exhausts.

    Stock with mid pipes our exhausts sound good....I'd AWE can come out with new valves I'd be interested this rattle sucks.
    2018 Nardo Gray RS3, CC software, IROZ FMIC, Milltek DP (w/cat)



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.