Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings Gosser's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 A4, 1988 Buick Lesabre T-Type

Is this actually an S-Line?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I'm planning to go look at this, and maybe its the grill that is throwing me off. Is it actually an S-line? I thought the head lights had that bottom row of LED, but the grill is definitely a standard grill right? What other tells make up the the S-line package? Steering wheel, wheels, sills, other? It is listed as a 2008 S-line, with the 4.2 FSI motor. Did all the 4.2 simply get the s-line package? Is there a PR code in the spare wheel well tag that I should look for? Or should I steer clear because its missing the front end S-line treatment that its been in an accident? The listing indicates clean title, no accidents, but its an american car in canadian land, and I have no idea how much information is shared between CAD and USD carproofs.

It only has 48000miles and listed for $10,100usd. I figure thats low mileage at a solid price. I know plenty about B6s and glad that its the FSI and not my B6S4 motor :) I'll take some more pictures when I get there.
    Last edited by Gosser; 05-16-2018 at 12:30 PM.
    2004 S4 MT - Summer
    2006 A4 3.2 AT - Wifes
    2004 A4 1.8 6MT - Winter
    2003 A4 1.8 CVT -> 5spd quttro swap!

Established Member Two Rings zach.odell's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 A6 TDI Prestige, 2012 VW Touareg Exec, 2011 Chevy Silverado 5.3 LT

Looks like it is. Look at the steering wheel

Sent from my iPhone using [url=http://r.tapatalk.com/

Veteran Member Four Rings Kevin1's Avatar
    AZ Member #

In the US all 2008s came with the s-line appearance package. The sport suspension was an option and was not standard with the s line appearance package. Tough to tell from the pictures you posted but from what I can gather from the wheel gap in the pictures I don’t think this car has the sport suspension. If you decide to pursue this car be careful of the timing chain guides, they are the Achilles heal on the 4.2. They seem to have a life span of approx 9 years/135k miles.
    1 of 1 in the United States - 2015 A6 TDI Prestige with 19" Sports Package and Season Dedicated Tires - Oolong Gray Metalic, Nougat Brown Interior, Dark Brown Walnut Inlays, Black Headliner, Driver Assistance Package, Cold Weather Package, Night Vision Assistant with Pedestrian Detection. Summer - Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Winter - Yokohama Bluearth Winter V905. Eurocode Sway Bars and Links. XPEL Ultimate.

RIP - 2005 A6 4.2 - (February 2005 - August 2014) (142,000 miles)

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Thanks guys.
    The wheel is pretty obvious too I thought. But I've seen people here change steering wheels and wheels to attain that appearance. I am no stranger to swapping either. There is a considerable amount of wheel gap by the looks of it. Is the PR code similar to the B6? 1BA for standard and 1BE for sport?

I thought the FSI 4.2 in all platforms got upgrades guides alleviating the timing chain failures. I also read somewhere the FSI was a belt driven motor... There is little information about the C6 FSI motor, dont tell me it actually is a belt?
    2004 S4 MT - Summer
    2006 A4 3.2 AT - Wifes
    2004 A4 1.8 6MT - Winter

Active Member Two Rings iconic_eric's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 3.2 Q5, 2004 1.8t B6, 2007 C6 3.2 A6

Looks to be an s-like as the LED strip didn’t start until the facelift. It does have the sline bumper, just not a true grill. Odds are if it also has AMI/NAV then it is an sline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

It's not an sline. Interior roof and a b c pillars was not in black, don't have aluminum door sills and the seats don't have the logo sline too.

Enviado do meu PRA-LX1 através do Tapatalk

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I had a true 2007 sline with Grey interior roof and a+b pillars,m. And my seats did not haveand “sline badging” purchased from an Audi dealership in Ma.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vodevil View Post
    It's not an sline. Interior roof and a b c pillars was not in black, don't have aluminum door sills and the seats don't have the logo sline too.
    I thought the same about the head liner, but the B7 S lines did not feature the black headliner that their S4 counter parts received. I presume that thats the same here. I'll check for the sills, good call.

Quote Originally Posted by iconic_eric View Post
    I had a true 2007 sline with Grey interior roof and a+b pillars,m. And my seats did not haveand “sline badging” purchased from an Audi dealership in Ma.
    Can you take a picture of your PR tag for me? I'll decode the numbers and see if there is anything that indicates a special package.

I think it is; based on what Kevin mentioned about all 4.2 receiving the package, but something to me just seems off.
    2004 S4 MT - Summer
    2006 A4 3.2 AT - Wifes
    2004 A4 1.8 6MT - Winter

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gosser View Post
    I thought the same about the head liner, but the B7 S lines did not feature the black headliner that their S4 counter parts received. I presume that thats the same here. I'll check for the sills, good call.

Can you take a picture of your PR tag for me? I'll decode the numbers and see if there is anything that indicates a special package.
    I actually do not have that car any longer, moved into a 2010 3.0t.... but I will say this, if it has push to start, and backup sensors/camera, nav, ami, it is an Sline. As someone who owned a 2007 Sline a6, and a 2007 base a6 I would bet my current car on that being an sline. The slines did not receive the same black interior and seats as the ‘S’ counter parts.

The bumper is sline, wheels and steering wheel from what I glanced at, so as I said I’d say it is an sline

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by iconic_eric View Post
    I actually do not have that car any longer, moved into a 2010 3.0t.... but I will say this, if it has push to start, and backup sensors/camera, nav, ami, it is an Sline. As someone who owned a 2007 Sline a6, and a 2007 base a6 I would bet my current car on that being an sline. The slines did not receive the same black interior and seats as the ‘S’ counter parts.

The bumper is sline, wheels and steering wheel from what I glanced at, so as I said I’d say it is an sline

After looking at the pics I can also confirm it as an sline rear end. Sensors and painted diffuser. Pretty car.

Veteran Member Four Rings JPJ2007's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Yeah only thing that makes me question it is the grill...

I have an 06 sline and everything matches except the grill and steering wheel.
    Mine doesn't have the badge, but has heat.

If it has back up camera that's a nice car. The 2 things I wish I had was 4.2 and back up camera.

Love the other features like advanced key
    2006 A6 3.2L Quattro S-Line (got my baby back)

AZ Member #
    My Garage

2004 S4 MT - Summer
    2006 A4 3.2 AT - Wifes
    2004 A4 1.8 6MT - Winter

AZ Member #
    My Garage

What a nice looking car this is, even for the pre-face lift! It has S line sills, back up camera, all the sun shades in the rear, NAV, didnt check for MMI, but I assume that comers with NAV. Its definitely an S line. Also a Canadian vehicle, a slight misunderstanding previously. It is clean as a whistle, safe the passenger rear door bump and a scuff on the rear bumper. The hood looks to have been repaired, as there was also evidence of polishing compound under the hood in the one area. But definitely well done as you cannot locate any blending. It drove great, no chain rattle, even for the cold start, or warm restart after a few minutes rest. Every button worked, and is real clean on the inside.

Just going to do some pondering for the day.
    2004 S4 MT - Summer
    2006 A4 3.2 AT - Wifes
    2004 A4 1.8 6MT - Winter

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I don't think you could tell from the distance in wheel well gap whether or not it has the sport suspension. I have a 2008 A6 4.2 S-Line and it has the sports suspension. The I have the same wheels on mine as the one pictured here and the gap is about the same. If you really want to be sure, do a "vin decoder" search and it will tell you which it is. I used one that was linked on AudiWorld and it provided tons of great info.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

That audiworld VIN decoder is pretty general. The de-coder you want to use is this:
    http://igorweb.org/equidec.aspx

It will given you all the manufacture options that your car was fitted with, ie for one of my A4s I parted out:
    E0A = No special edition
    7A0 = Without CD changer/CD player
    4UB = Air bag for NAR
    6XD = Exterior mirrors: electrically adjustable/heated
    1K0 = Without clutch actuation
    J0R = Battery 380 A (80 Ah)
    1LE = Disc brakes, front
    1BE = Sports suspension/shock absorption
    3FE = Electric slide/tilt sunroof with sun screen/sunblind
    5MA = Decorative inserts
    7X0 = Without park distance control
    4R4 = Power windows with comfort operation and circuit breaker
    F0A = No special purpose vehicle, standard equipment
    8GR = Alternator 150 A
    0G1 = Gearshift lever
    0YK = Weight range 10 installation control only, no requirement forecast
    0JG = Weight category front axle weight range 7
    T0L = 4-cylinder gasoline engine 1.8 L unit 06B.G
    3NZ = Rear seat bench unsplit, backrest split folding
    8BH = Ellipsoidal headlight for driving on the right, US design
    U1A = Instrument insert with km/h speedometer, clock, tachometer and trip odometer
    X9B = National sales program Canada
    1N1 = Power steering
    2PV = Leather trimmed sports steering wheel
    8Q0 = Without headlight-range adjustment
    9Q2 = Multi-function display/on-board computer with check control
    8Z6 = Hot country
    MW9 = 4-cyl. gasoline engine 1.8 L/125 kW 20V turbo base engine is T6V/T0L
    7Q0 = Without navigation device
    C1X = Alloy wheels 7.5J x 17 5-arm spider style, offset 45
    7K0 = Without tire pressure warning light
    4X3 = Side air bag front with curtain air bag
    2K2 = Reinforced bumpers
    6R2 = Leather gearshift boot
    3L3 = Manual height adjustment for front seats
    4KC = Side and rear windows in heat-insulating glass
    3Y0 = Without roll-up sun screen
    5D2 = Carrier frequency 315 MHz
    1SA = Without additional front underbody guard
    0GN = Emission standard ULEV 1
    01A = Gross vehicle weight rating
    4GP = Windshield in heat-insulating glass with sunshield and viewing window for vehicle identification number

The 3 character PR codes are located in the spare wheel well on the B6 and provide you with vast information on what the car actually came with. I completely forgot to snap a picture of the one for the A6, but might do that tonight which will reveal what suspension it has, but that is definitely not a deal breaker for me.
    2004 S4 MT - Summer
    2006 A4 3.2 AT - Wifes
    2004 A4 1.8 6MT - Winter