Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Three Rings BozMan-S4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Cadillac STS- V Series

Car felt like it was losing power

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    It seemed the car was getting boggy and throttle response was diminishing. On the highway I had to almost floor it to get the power I was used to. I changed my plugs, coils and installed an ECS intake about 6-8wks ago. So, I decided to clean the TB again and bought MAF cleaner for the sensor just past the TB. I also decided to pull all the plugs and change them, they probably were okay but I had 6 laying around so what the hell. I cleaned the intake tube with intake cleaner and ran TB calibration.

I am very happy I did this. Iím not sure what fix worked best but maybe all of them combined. I recently flashed an updated Stage 2 tune and think (maybe placebo) I notice even more power than originally. Iím going to start doing this every 10-15k miles now...maybe over kill but man what a difference.

If anyone is experiencing a bogged or slow to respond throttle, Iíd recommend trying this. There are plenty of DIYís if you havenít done it before.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2011 Audi S4 Meteor Gray Pearl, Alu Kreuz, Eurocode Sways/Endlinks/Inserts, ECS Carbon Fiber Intake, 57mm Pulley, EPL Stg 2 ECU/TCU, AMS Alpha Cooler, ECS Street/Trans Shield, ECS Control Arm Brace, Milltek Non-Res Black Oval

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Did you go with oem gapped plugs now that you are stage 2?

Established Member Two Rings LopezMendez's Avatar
    AZ Member #

How did you run a TB calibration?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Audizine mobile app

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Cadillac STS- V Series

I gapped to .26 and used Vag Com > Engine Control, Basic > Test TB valve

2011 Audi S4 Meteor Gray Pearl, Alu Kreuz, Eurocode Sways/Endlinks/Inserts, ECS Carbon Fiber Intake, 57mm Pulley, EPL Stg 2 ECU/TCU, AMS Alpha Cooler, ECS Street/Trans Shield, ECS Control Arm Brace, Milltek Non-Res Black Oval

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Empty...for now...

Can you provide some details regarding the sensor in beyond the throttle body and how you went about cleaning it? My car has felt down on power and up on fuel consumption for a while...
    2015 Daytona Gray S4
    6MT / Sport Diff / B&O / Tech Pkg / Carbon Atlas / Black Alcantara
    Mods: S5 Rotors, Xpel Ultimate, 3M Color Stable Tint 35%, H&R Street Performance Coilovers, Euro Code Alu Kreuz, Eurocode Sway Bars+Endlinks, CR-15, Eurocode Meisterwerk ASTS, AWE Resonated Touring Exhaust, ECS Luft-Technik Intake, 034 Transmission Mount, HCX LED 3000k Fog Lights, Apikol Rear Diff Mount

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Cadillac STS- V Series

Sure...i did this last night with limited time so I took an approach others may or may not agree with. I slid a microfiber towel through the TB and into the port to fill up the space but leave the sensor exposed. I very lightly sprayed the sensor (using the red straw the cleaner came with) and then VERY lightly brushed with a soft bristle toothbrush. When I say VERY lightly...l used no pressure other than the weight of the toothbrush. I repeated this a couple times. The towel was to collect any cleaner vs letting it go down the port. Once done I grabbed another clean micro towel and shoved it back down filling all the space in the port again. Twisted around to pick up any remaining residue. Put it all back together, ran the TB adaptation and boom have great throttle response again.