Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

FINALLY - Back in a TT!

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey everybody! More than 10 years ago I traded in my MK1 TT for an A3. Right away I missed my TT. Then I got a 2008 R32, still missed my TT. Two GTI's later and I'm FINALLY in a 2018 TTS, White, Red interior and Black Optics!

The delivery was horrible. When I showed up I noticed right way that the 20" wheels on the driver's side were missing the center caps. I was infuriated. They did not care at all. They said 'sorry' in quite a disingenuous way and told me it was the other dealer's fault. Then they told me (in a way where I was supposed to be grateful) that they called the other dealer and they'd be here 'sometime next week'. I asked what most customers do when they pick up a $60k car that is missing parts and they said 'they usually get pretty angry' and that was it. They didn't offer me a t-shirt, a hat, a free tank of gas, NOTHING.

After the paperwork was done the sales guy started showing me how to unlock the doors. I chuckled and told him that I've had several cars (VW and Audi) that had this locking system and I was more interested in the virtual cockpit. Right then he pretty much gave up on showing me anything and quickly ended our conversation and said goodbye. I was so furious on my way out of the lot I turned around, parked and went in to see the sales manager. HE DID NOT CARE EITHER! I left even more angry. 10 minutes later my cell rings and it's the sales manager and he starts telling me how important he is and how he over-nighted me some center caps! I said 'ok and then....' he said that I was welcome to come in anytime after Wednesday and get them! I sarcastically thanked him and hung up.

First thing this morning I called Audi customer service and told them everything (in even more detail). They called the dealer and got me a free detail. Yay.

So, 24 hours later I'm stoked to be back in a TT(S) *AND* I got a car seat in it!!!! As most of you know, it's almost impossible to stay under 4,000 rpms for the first 1,000 miles :)
    Attached Images
    Last edited by RoccoTheFunyMan; 05-15-2018 at 05:32 PM.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Seems my pics won't post. and the ones uploaded using the file manager are upsidedown!

Last edited by RoccoTheFunyMan; 05-15-2018 at 05:33 PM.

Veteran Member Three Rings adamkb26's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Audi Q5 2.0

Congrats! I've driven every car I've had the last 10 years like I stole it off the lot and have never had any issues. It's a crime to drive these cars that slow!
    2017 Sepang Blue TTS | Rotor Grey Fine Nappa | Black Optic | Tech Package | B&O
    JB1 | 034 Carbon Intake | Milltek Non-Res Exhaust /w Race Cat DP | 034 Dogbone & Rear Mounts | 034 Rear Sway Bar | HRE FF01 Gloss Bronze | TAG Blackout Package | ABT Rear Wing | oCarbon Blue Reflex Carbon Trim

2013 Misano Red S4 - Gone

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by RoccoTheFunyMan View Post
    Seems my pics won't post. and the ones uploaded using the file manager are upsidedown!
    Either that or that's quite remarkable downforce to keep the car on the ceiling :)
    2018 TT-RS: Glacier white, Tech pagkage, custom paint. For now...

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Congrats....welcome back. I'm on my 3rd TT now. Sorry your dealer is so crappy. Mine was fantastic. Don't let that experience spoil your car-it's a great car.
    Current: 2018 TTRS Nardo Grey, Tech Pkg, Black Optic, Sport Exhaust.
    Xpel clear bra, H&R Sport Springs, Ceramic Pro Gold Package.
    Past: 2015 Audi TT S Competition Package & 2011 Audi TT S, Black on Black
    Remember: Hit em with the Hein!

Veteran Member Three Rings Huey52's Avatar
    AZ Member #

It kinda makes you wonder what the "dealer prep" charge is for. My wife's recent GLA delivery was similarly pretty much non-existent with my having to find the owner's manual, install mats, setup Bluetooth, etc. Just because they're "premium" dealerships obviously doesn't mean you get premium delivery.

Hopefully their service/detailing side of the business is much better.

But anyway, you have a sweet TTS and likely not have to visit them more than once a year. Enjoy!!
    2016 TTS Sepang blue/rotor gray Tech B&O
    Prior: 2013 allroad; 2011 A5

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Which dealer?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

https://www.audimiddleburgheights.com/

Had they been even a little more genuine and offered me anything... a t-shirt, a pen, a coffee mug, I would have been fine with it. It was that they didn't care and when they decided to overnight they acted like they were doing me a favor. That's what was really disappointing.

Senior Member Three Rings Sniper260687's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Pictures got me like

Established Member Two Rings Fifco's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Sounds like Audi Oakland ;-)
    Congrats on the car! forget about them and enjoy it. It's for sure the first car seat I see in such a TTs!
    2017 TTS #VegasYellow (034 Rear sway bar, X34 Intake & Subframe mods, Milltek CatBack, StopTech ST-60)
    2015 Golf GTi Autobahn (Sold/Lease Ended)

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

The car seats fit perfect. When I had my last GTI the kids never seemed to ride in my car. It had 2 seats in it ready to go 90% of the time but the kids are just now getting old enough where my wife and I need to take them separate places. It is not super comfortable for them, it's not something you'd do daily or even less than that. It's great though for trips to the in-laws, ice cream or just a fun drive. The kids are so much more into the car than I thought they would be! (attempting to post more links with the IMG - still not working I guess :(

Last edited by RoccoTheFunyMan; 05-17-2018 at 07:27 AM.

Senior Member Two Rings wildtouch83's Avatar
    AZ Member #

congrats on the purchase! stay under 4k for the first 1k? heck, they didn't even recommend that to me with my TTRS!
    2018 Nardo Gray TT RS
    2018 Manhattan Gray Q5
    2006 A4 Avant - RIP
    2013 Phantom Black RS5 - *SOLD*

Established Member Two Rings Fifco's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Pics look awesome and the kids so happy of the new toy daddy got ;-)
    2017 TTS #VegasYellow (034 Rear sway bar, X34 Intake & Subframe mods, Milltek CatBack, StopTech ST-60)
    2015 Golf GTi Autobahn (Sold/Lease Ended)

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by wildtouch83 View Post
    congrats on the purchase! stay under 4k for the first 1k? heck, they didn't even recommend that to me with my TTRS!
    This pic (which I clearly now have the ability to post!) is right from the MK3 TT owners manual.

Senior Member Two Rings wildtouch83's Avatar
    AZ Member #

by chance, did you buy from Audi Mentor or Bedford?
    2018 Nardo Gray TT RS
    2018 Manhattan Gray Q5
    2006 A4 Avant - RIP
    2013 Phantom Black RS5 - *SOLD*

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Middleburg Heights