Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings shreddykrueger's Avatar
    AZ Member #

CTS Turbo - Put em on blast

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Wanted to inform the zine community of CTS Turbo's lack of customer support/product quality that I have recently been experiencing:

I recently purchased a used CTS Intercooler off of a very respected member on here (shonesb). Transaction was great, super nice guy and very helpful, however I was missing the small lack o-ring for the map sensor so I had been attempting to get ahold of CTS the last few days in order to track the piece down as it was causing my car to throw a P02999 turbo underboost CEL due to a leak from the oversized MAP sensor hole. I had emailed them prior to receipt of the FMIC to obtain any sort of install instructions (which they do not have) and was able to get some correspondence, was unable to get ahold of them via email, DM, and calling them 10+ times yesterday. I was able to finally get through, however the service rep was unable to provide me with a part # nor offered to send the black o-ring which led me to having to take it upon myself to locate the part (annoying, but not the end of the world).

Eventually found the o-ring, clear the code but still throw the underboost code. Some of you may recalls shonesb's issue with the charge pipe that cracked, and took some serious pulling of teeth to ever get a response from CTS https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...php?p=11809152

Well, he was able to get the charge pipe replaced under warranty, but eventually sold the system and replaced it with something else. I received the brand new/unopened charge pipe with the rest of shonesb's CTS intercooler system, and just got word back from my shop that the leak is actually from the screw holes to screw in the sensor. This really brings in the question of the quality of what CTS is putting on the market. Very disheartening to get this installed and find out it has a leak on a brand new charge pipe.

Anyways, wanted to let the community know,

/rant

Established Member Four Rings Spawne32's Avatar
    AZ Member #

You should be able to use RTV on the threads of the screw holes for the sensor to seal that leak up, but yeh thats pretty shitty.

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Not the first time I've heard this about CTS customer service/support.
    Last edited by A4x; 05-15-2018 at 05:36 PM.
    2011 B8 A4 ZF8HP // JHM K04-R // APR v3.1 // 034 HFC // Treadstone TR8 FMIC // Snow Performance Stage 2 WM Injection // Bilstein B12 Pro-kit // Borla Downpipe // // Rockford 8" Woofers // JL 10" Sub // 2200 W // Audison BitOne DSP

Registered Member Three Rings Nano909's Avatar
    AZ Member #

That's unfortunate. I'm using some of their products but I don't have anything negative to say about them.

Veteran Member Four Rings SleeperCar's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I hear ya, but keep in mind you bought a used system, no knock on other members, but second hand products have more wear and tear, you canít expect companies to cover/stand behind second(third etc) hand products.

With that said, you should still be able to talk with them, unresponsive organizations really annoy me as well, so Iím with ya there.

Customer service in the aftermarket car part industry is lack luster with many companies....

Ya hate to see it!
    2013 A4 Scuba Blue Metallic | APR stage 2 | AWE | Milltek | GFB+ | Suntek | Solo-Werks | Eurocode | Blesk | 034 | ECStuning | CR-15 Strut brace | Apikol | R8 Coilpacks | NGK | Akebono | Hawk |MRR-GF07 19x9.5 ET38 | 18x8.5 peeler reps ET 40 (winter)

Established Member Two Rings shreddykrueger's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I completely understand the risks of buying used parts, however the charge pipe I have had issues with was actually BNIB and replaced due to a warranty issue the previous owner had experienced. Iíve worked with my shop and have been able to work through the issue, just annoying. I do like their FMIC, car idles much smoother and consistently pulls hard