Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 S5 Quartz Gray Cab

Question H11 Fog Light Bulb Replacement?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Looking to upgrade my fog light bulbs to match the xenon color wise and would not mind a better light output.

What bulbs should I use? Do I upgrade to HID or LED or stay with halogen?

Thanks in advance!

-Sid
    Keep Deep Sea Alive!
    Deep Sea Diver Veteran 🇺🇸
    Instagram S5_SID
    2011 S5 Cabriolet • Quartz Gray Metallic • 3.0T •B&O•Sport Seats• Peelers•Carbon Inlays•Mods to come...

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by S5_SID View Post
    Looking to upgrade my fog light bulbs to match the xenon color wise and would not mind a better light output.

Thanks in advance!

-Sid
    I went with LEDs from DeAutoLed and I’m really happy with them. They’re brighter than halogen and match the headlight pretty well.

Image1526407035.065254.jpg

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 S5 Quartz Gray Cab

Quote Originally Posted by agr888 View Post
    I went with LEDs from DeAutoLed and I’m really happy with them. They’re brighter than halogen and match the headlight pretty well.

Image1526407035.065254.jpg
    They look great!

Do you have a link for them? I looked through their b8 section and did not see them in there.
    Keep Deep Sea Alive!
    Instagram S5_SID
    2011 S5 Cabriolet • Quartz Gray Metallic • 3.0T •B&O•Sport Seats• Peelers•Carbon Inlays•Mods to come...

AZ Member #

They look great!

Do you have a link for them? I looked through their b8 section and did not see them in there.
    Link below.
    I also got reverse leds then if you’re also interested. If you message DeAutoLed on the forum they might give you a discount on them.

http://deautokey.com/product/led-hea...ast-1800-lumen

Senior Member Four Rings HazeMyth's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I haven't gotten the fogs from Deautokey yet, but they're on my list. I got their footwell LED wafers, and they were top quality. I expect the same qualify from their fogs.
    2013 Audi S5
    2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
    2003 Evolution VIII (Cammed, etc)
    2004 Subaru STI - Stg. 2 (Sold)
    IG: @MrHazeMyth

Established Member Three Rings snocat17's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 S5 Prestige Cab, 2008 GMC Hennessey HPE 450 Sierra

I got generic LED's from Amazon and they're decent. Looks like the ones from DeAutoLed match color better.
    -Joe
    2016 S5 Cabriolet Prestige Glacier White Metallic w/ brown comfort seats and piano wire black wood trim. RED Brake calipers holding EBC RedStuff pads, VCDS cable

Veteran Member Four Rings Sgibb16's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 A5 & 2002 Passat Wagon

2012 A5 P+ | Sports Package | 6MT | 35% Tint

REVO Stage II | AWE Quad Exhaust | 034 HFC | E-Codes | FK Silverline Coils | JHM Short Throw Shifter | Eurocode HFIC Pipe | Roc Euro Intake
    TR8 Intercooler | CTS Silicone Hose Kit & Turbo Outlet | CR-15 Strut Brace | Alu Kreuz | S-line Front & Rear Bumper Conversion

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 S5 Quartz Gray Cab

Quote Originally Posted by Sgibb16 View Post
    Went with these for the moment. Thanks for the heads up. I will eventually probably get leds down the line, but these will do for now.
    Keep Deep Sea Alive!
    Instagram S5_SID

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Went with these for the moment. Thanks for the heads up. I will eventually probably get leds down the line, but these will do for now.
    I got white hoen a while ago and .......eh. Color is close but not really a match for the stock bulbs and DRL. I was never happy but part of it is the stock 35w lamp is not a lot of output. A couple months ago I went with Hoen yellow and was even more disappointed as they did not look much better than "yellowish" halogen. I applied amber film and at least the light color is true amber.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 S5 Quartz Gray Cab

Quote Originally Posted by Neil F View Post
    I got white hoen a while ago and .......eh. Color is close but not really a match for the stock bulbs and DRL. I was never happy but part of it is the stock 35w lamp is not a lot of output. A couple months ago I went with Hoen yellow and was even more disappointed as they did not look much better than "yellowish" halogen. I applied amber film and at least the light color is true amber.
    Ahhh shoot well I guess I will have to see. Anything is better than stock halogens. I need to get leds, but really unsure on eBay ones. Deauto leds look amazing but being $150 a little pricey🤷🏼*♂️
    Keep Deep Sea Alive!
    Instagram S5_SID

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Philips H11 LED's

Thanks in advance!

-Sid
    I installed a pair of Philips LED's. They were @ $110 and are plug and play. It took me @ 10 minutes to install them.

Can't remember where I purchased them but the color temperature is a great match to the headlights.

https://www.usa.philips.com/c-p/7871...n-led-fog-lamp

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings deAutoLED.com's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Thanks for the support and suggesting our company.

While our LEDs are pricey you must compare them equivalent LEDs on the market and there are not many - the ones that are like ours retail for $250+. Ebay and amazon cheaper LEDs are not going to give the same color temp or brightness. Ours are a cleaner white meaning there is better visibility on road vs blue LEDs and if you had yellow laminx they will look clean hyper yellow and not green like you can see with our LEDs.

Even the expensive $110 philips are weak - we had many customers try them and ask if ours are better & brighter - the answer is yes - you can see how much wider spread of light these produce an they will go much further down the road:

We are not bashing any competitors and only comparing and going by our customer honest feedback - HOEN while we are sure they are good for some many do not like them much and come to use after installing them looking for something brighter.

Listing:

Buy it once and you won't think twice about the price you paid when you see how much added visibility you gain (with our discount going on it is a lot less than $150 at the moment)

deAutoLED.com
    Facebook.com/deAutoKey
    Instagram.com/deAutoLED
    Lifetime Warranty & Support | Free Shipping within the US | LEDs Tested to work and look good in your car | Customer Service is our #1 Priority - We care what you install in your car!

Established Member Three Rings mikedizzzo's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I got HCX and they are awesome!

https://www.hidconcept.com/collectio...-kit-pack-of-2

IMG_0864.JPGIMG_0456.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    -MikeDizzzo

2016 S5 Premium Plus | Florett Silver | Black Optic Plus Package | DSG | ADS | Carbon Atlas | B&O

Mods: GIAC Stage 2 | TCU | SC Pulley | AWE Touring Exhaust 90mm | CTS Intake | OEM RS5 Grill | Poor man's Ecodes | Maxton V1 Front Lip | Brakes - Hawks Pro with slotted/dimpled rotors | Ceramic Pro 9H | LED interior | LED HCX 3000k Fog lights | 2 x Audizine 5' stickers | Audi All Weather S5 floor mats

AZ Member #

Trust us - if you want your fog LEDs to shine past your headlights and actually provide you with more usable light on cornering and darker roads go with what is bright and won't cause any glare (shines low far):

deAutoLED.com
    Facebook.com/deAutoKey
    Instagram.com/deAutoLED
    Lifetime Warranty & Support | Free Shipping within the US | LEDs Tested to work and look good in your car | Customer Service is our #1 Priority - We care what you install in your car!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 S5 Quartz Gray Cab

Quote Originally Posted by deAutoLED.com View Post
    Trust us - if you want your fog LEDs to shine past your headlights and actually provide you with more usable light on cornering and darker roads go with what is bright and won't cause any glare (shines low far):
    Bought and installed deAutoLeds fogs and they are amazing! Great packaging as well. I highly recommend them!

The fogs match the drls perfect as well
    Keep Deep Sea Alive!
    Instagram S5_SID

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by deAutoLED.com View Post
    Bought and installed deAutoLeds fogs and they are amazing! Great packaging as well. I highly recommend them!

The fogs match the drls perfect as well
    Thank you for the support and update. We really appreciate it!!

Listing reference:

deAutoLED.com
    Facebook.com/deAutoKey
    Instagram.com/deAutoLED