Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Three Rings 01northernS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

light rubbing and aligment camber question>>>

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    correction in title, *alignment* ... getting very light rubbing at rear with very large high speed bumps, currently running -2 degrees camber all around... considering the rubbing is soo infrequent but I do have light scuffing on the sidewall on the back tires, could I dial in 0.25 to 0.5 degrees additional negative camber if I don't want to change my setup since I love the look?

could a quarter or half degree additional camber potentially alleviate the problem?

alignment shop (who did a fantastic job dialing out all the toe by the way to 0, car feels fantastic!) says the rubbing will move further down the sidewall but I've heard some here say a little more camber can help.

also, would -2.25 to 2.5 degree's be considered too much? running -2 degrees all around and some say it's the max you'd want to run

thanks all!

2015 Audi S5 Coupe
    Technik | Mythos Black on Black | Black Optics | Carbon Interior Trim | Carbon Supercharged Badges | Miltek Resonated Sport Cat Back Exhaust W/Black Cerakote GT100's | DSG | ADS | Sport Diff | B&O | Pinnacle 30% Tint | H&R OE Sport Springs | 10F/15R H&R Spacers | 20"x9" Black Matte Rotors - 275/30 Continental DWS | 19"x9" Titanium Rotors - 255/35 Blizzak LM-32

Senior Member Three Rings USAF_Danny's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Audi S4, 2017 Honda Civic EX

Depends on a number of things. Wheel size, tire size, and ride height.

My camber is maxed in the rear.

Wheel set up is: 19x9.5 +20 on 235/35/19

My clear coat was burnt up from the constant rubbing prior to maxing out the rears. .5 degrees of camber is significant. But our rear camber maxes out around 2.25-3? I canít remember. Ride quality is great, just make sure you rotate your tires often.

Anyways, hereís a picture to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    YouTube: DV Motions | Instagram: daanny.vu

[]S4 | EPL Stage 2