Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Three Rings moclakens's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    no mastercraft:(

S6 SAI delete tuning?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So, I'm in the middle of my 6 speed swap on my S6 and I decided to do the SAI delete as I am a glutton for punishment.

Who offers tuning to code out the SAI and maybe rear O2 sensors? I called JHM but their sales guy said they didnt offer it.
    current:
    2002 Amulet S6 6 speed
    1984 Toyota pickup 4x4
    Past Audis:
    1999 Silver A4 1.8tqm avant stage 2
    2001 Silver A4 1.8tqm avant K04
    2004 Arctic S4 avant 6speed
    1997 Cactus A4 1.8tqm stage 1
    2001 Pearl S4 avant 6speed stage 3
    2001 Santorin S4 6speed stage 2

Veteran Member Three Rings SteelyS6's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 Atlas Allroad 6MT, 2001 Kermit stage 3

Stuklr did mine when I had my S6.

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Do you have any form of cat? if so then you should retain SAI.

Also there is no reason ever to code out rear o2s.. They actually are used (not greatly but used) for more than just testing the cats. If you have removed the cats there are other things that can be done that does not involve coding out a sensor. Also in your state I believe you have readiness based testing for emissions correct? If you code out the sensors you will never pass again as it will force critical tests to show as not installed and they can now detect that. You have to do the other highly illegal thing (which is why JHM won't tell you they do it or not on the phone ;) ) that you likely won't find much public discussion of but if you ask around can find someone to do it.
    80 rabbit pickup, 98 TJ 4bt cummins, 00 180TTQ 6spd, 02 Freelander, 03 Allroad 2.7t 6spd swap now with K04s, 06 A3 2.0T w/GT3071R (2012 JSW TDI and 2015 GSW TDI now in TDI purgatory )

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Casa Stg 3 S4

Have you reached out to AMD?
    Past (in order): Hibiscus Red B5 A4 ,2003 Audi RS6, B6 s4, UrQuattro, Urs4, Nogaro sport B5 S4 avant, Silver stg 3 B5 s4, 2010 A6 Avant prestige

Present: Casablance White stg 3 B5 S4 avant, 2002 Audi S6

Senior Member Three Rings moclakens's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    no mastercraft:(

Quote Originally Posted by SteelyS6 View Post
    Stuklr did mine when I had my S6.
    Thanks, shot him an email.

Quote Originally Posted by chris86vw View Post
    Do you have any form of cat? if so then you should retain SAI.

Also there is no reason ever to code out rear o2s.. They actually are used (not greatly but used) for more than just testing the cats. If you have removed the cats there are other things that can be done that does not involve coding out a sensor. Also in your state I believe you have readiness based testing for emissions correct? If you code out the sensors you will never pass again as it will force critical tests to show as not installed and they can now detect that. You have to do the other highly illegal thing (which is why JHM won't tell you they do it or not on the phone ;) ) that you likely won't find much public discussion of but if you ask around can find someone to do it.
    The only reason I would like to code out the o2s is so I don't have to replace them someday. Cats are currently present, but I don't plan on keeping them. Washington only tests emissions in 5 of the 39 counties and I live on the side of the state no one cares about.lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eurotuned_A4 View Post
    Have you reached out to AMD?
    I have never gotten a hold of Jason without showing up at the shop during business hours, but I will try shooting them an email.
    current:
    2002 Amulet S6 6 speed
    1984 Toyota pickup 4x4
    Past Audis:
    1999 Silver A4 1.8tqm avant stage 2
    2001 Silver A4 1.8tqm avant K04
    2004 Arctic S4 avant 6speed
    1997 Cactus A4 1.8tqm stage 1
    2001 Pearl S4 avant 6speed stage 3
    2001 Santorin S4 6speed stage 2

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by moclakens View Post

The only reason I would like to code out the o2s is so I don't have to replace them someday. Cats are currently present, but I don't plan on keeping them. Washington only tests emissions in 5 of the 39 counties and I live on the side of the state no one cares about.lol

As long as the cats exist it makes no sense (possibly makes things worse) to code either of them out. Once cats are gone (silly but whatever) it still makes no sense to code the o2 sensors out.

I also would not count on only 5 counties having emissions long term.
    80 rabbit pickup, 98 TJ 4bt cummins, 00 180TTQ 6spd, 02 Freelander, 03 Allroad 2.7t 6spd swap now with K04s, 06 A3 2.0T w/GT3071R (2012 JSW TDI and 2015 GSW TDI now in TDI purgatory )

Established Member Two Rings stuklr's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I can do it. I have been doing a lot of development on the Belt 4.2's lately. Just got my 4.2 V8 Boxster finished. Send me a pm

Veteran Member Three Rings SteelyS6's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 Atlas Allroad 6MT, 2001 Kermit stage 3

Quote Originally Posted by stuklr View Post
    I can do it. I have been doing a lot of development on the Belt 4.2's lately. Just got my 4.2 V8 Boxster finished. Send me a pm
    I am more than excited to hear this! Have a complete BBD sitting in my shop that needs a home. Haven't decided yet what to drop it into.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    04 Silverado V8, 06 Touareg V8, 03 RS6 V8TT, 01 allroad, 01 A6 6MT

Iíve passed Washington state emissions with no cats for a lotttt of years. The proper file is all you need.

Quote Originally Posted by stuklr View Post
    You canít just throw that out there with no pictures or details!
    -dre