Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Two Rings OrlandoSly's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Back to Audi Family - 2014 A5 2.0 TDI Sportsback

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Almost two years ago i moved to Italy for work and in doing so i had to unfortunately sell my 2014 S5 :( (https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...is-White-Built). Driving in italy and the way people take care of their cars is not that great and i wanted to kind of experience and get to know the way things are before i buy something not too expensive but satisfies my hunger until i get back stateside. For about a year now i have been driving Citroen DS4 and although its a nice little car...it never got that look back as my S5 did whenever i park :)

So this week i finally ended up signing all the paperwork for a 2014 Audi A5 Quattro 2.0 TDI (177hp) Sportsback :). Of course the modding needs to begin and i thats where i would need some help from @mops and others who are on the same side of the pond as me. Im not going to do alot of it just enough to keep me happy until the return home.

Here are some of the things that im planning to do to make it aggressive, sounds better, and somewhat faster then it currenly is:

[+] H&R OE Sports Springs
    [+] RS5 Rotor Style Wheels 19's or 20's
    [+] Possible Exhaust Change
    [+] Tune
    [+] Audio System

SPRINGS
    Euro guys, any favorite shops i should be getting the sprrings from? i was thinking checking out Ebay and ordering them from there?

WHEELS
    Im going through the wheel set up threat for the 5th time lol but i know for my wheels i will need help from @MOPS :) what im looking at right now is RS5 Rotor style wheels in 19s or 20s. So far what i found was All Round - 20x9 ET29, would i need spacers with this offset? I also found ET35 but i think i would need a 10mm with them?
    Also any suggestions for what kind and max size of tire i can get on the A5?

EXHAUST AND A NICE SOUND
    So one thing that i miss which i had on my S5 is the nice exhaust tone that my AWE Track Exhaust produced. Now i know that for any kind of TDI there is no way to produce that kind of noise from exhaust? or is there???? is my only choice to go with fake sounds with AUDI Engine Sounds system? <-- I hope not!!!

TUNE
    Also with 2.0 TDI i probably dont have alot of choice for tuning it. Euro folks, anyone Tuned their A5 2.0 TDI?

I cant wait to hear back from some questions that i had and hopefully i can get in touch with some good companies in Europe to get my parts from.

now for the pics.....here are the current pictures!!!! they will change soon:

Last edited by OrlandoSly; 05-21-2018 at 03:29 PM.
    Current Vehicles:
    SOLD: 2014 Audi S5
    Ibis White | APR Stage II+ Pulley | AWE Track Exhaust | H&R OE Sports Springs | RS5 Front Grill | Niche Milans 20x10.5 w/ 285/30/20 | CR - 15 Strut Brace

2007 Audi Q7
    22' Niche Apex | 295/35/22s | H&R Springs

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Welcome aboard, Sly!

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5

Hey Sly! Long time!

Great looking SB. It's going to look really cool once you're done with it.

Im going through the wheel set up threat for the 5th time lol but i know for my wheels i will need help from @MOPS :) what im looking at right now is RS5 Rotor style wheels in 19s or 20s. So far what i found was All Round - 20x9 ET29, would i need spacers with this offset? I also found ET35 but i think i would need a 10mm with them?
    Also any suggestions for what kind and max size of tire i can get on the A5?

I would 100% go with the 20" RS5 rotor on the SB body. And that wheel is the ET26, not ET29. Once you find a set, they should come with 275/30 tires, and you'll want spacers, but mount them up, get your drop, and circle back. I'm thinking 10mm x 4 will suit your style.

For suspension, I'd look at the KW HAS over the OE. The extra spend is totally worth the extra comfort and height adjustability.

No clue on pipes or tune, but I know these can sound pretty badass.... so def look into it.
    034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

AZ Member #

Thanks guys!!

Hey Mops, so i got the wheels and tires ordered :) should be arriving pretty soon!!!! Very excited about that.

as for suspension, i have a hard time finding KW HAS here in italy. is this the correct part that i would need (https://www.ebay.com/itm/KW-HAS-2009...j5T#shpCntId)? OR https://store.034motorsport.com/kw-h...-25310075.html
    also this should fit my audi here fine correct?

as for the pipes ill have to do more research and see if i can find a european forum like this to pick their brain!!

thanks as usual MOPS!!!
    Last edited by OrlandoSly; 05-16-2018 at 04:30 AM.
    Current Vehicles:
    Ibis White | APR Stage II+ Pulley | AWE Track Exhaust | H&R OE Sports Springs | RS5 Front Grill | Niche Milans 20x10.5 w/ 285/30/20 | CR - 15 Strut Brace

2007 Audi Q7

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoSly View Post
    Hey Mops, so i got the wheels and tires ordered :) should be arriving pretty soon!!!! Very excited about that.

as for suspension, i have a hard time finding KW HAS here in italy. is this the correct part that i would need (https://www.ebay.com/itm/KW-HAS-2009...j5T#shpCntId)? OR https://store.034motorsport.com/kw-h...-25310075.html
    also this should fit my audi here fine correct?

as for the pipes ill have to do more research and see if i can find a european forum like this to pick their brain!!

thanks as usual MOPS!!!
    Nice! The 20x9 ET26 and 275?

That is the correct part. I have two sets in stock. Hit me with an address and I'll get you a shipped quote.

A5oc.com 😉
    034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

AZ Member #

Yes I messaged the seller with other offsets and they had it in stock and were also to get me the 275/30 tires. So got it all as a package.

Sending you PM shortly.

Great, Ill head there to check it out!

Thanks

Sly
    Current Vehicles:

2007 Audi Q7

AZ Member #

Some xmass gifts arrived:

Installs happening today!!

Wheels arrived as well!! 20s:

Just waiting on tires now!!
    Last edited by OrlandoSly; 06-05-2018 at 10:04 AM.
    Current Vehicles:

2007 Audi Q7

Established Member Four Rings wkhanna's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    needs cleaned

where did you get your steering wheel from?
    Billy

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob

2011 A5 2.0T Old Man Project
    2011 A4 quattro 2.0t (The Wife's)
    1983 Porsche 944 (Modified)
    1985 BWM K100RS (since new - Heavily Modified)
    1971 Moto Guzzi Elderodo

AZ Member #

Wkhanna, I got it on ebay uk since Im in Italy. If you would like I can give you the sellers name as he has tons of different ones to choose from. Just shoot me a pm if interested in his name.
    Current Vehicles:

2007 Audi Q7

AZ Member #

KW HAS going in, wheel and tint getting done as well:

Current Vehicles:

2007 Audi Q7