Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Established Member Two Rings casey_tuzziano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 25 2015
    AZ Member #
    322686
    My Garage
    '68 Chevy Nova
    Location
    United States

    Instrument Cluster Swap

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    How many of you have done the red LED cluster to the S-line, white LED cluster? The top section of LEDs is completely out in mine. If there is a post about it somewhere in here link it please.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Established Member Three Rings red4life5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 29 2016
    AZ Member #
    389335
    Location
    Saratoga Springs, UT

    Iíve gone the cluster swap to an A5 with white S4 needles and soldered in LEDs. I made a DIY for it and posted here on Audizine


    2010 A4 S-Line Prestige

  3. #3
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 03 2013
    AZ Member #
    106799
    Location
    Baltimore

    I did this as well. Requires a cluster with more miles than yours. Swap it in when it reaches your cars actual milage or send to speedometer solutions for them to change the miles. Then go-to dealer to remove CP.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Established Member Two Rings casey_tuzziano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 25 2015
    AZ Member #
    322686
    My Garage
    '68 Chevy Nova
    Location
    United States

    Quote Originally Posted by elscotto80 View Post
    I did this as well. Requires a cluster with more miles than yours. Swap it in when it reaches your cars actual milage or send to speedometer solutions for them to change the miles. Then go-to dealer to remove CP.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    So you had the monochromatic red screen and swapped it with the colored display?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 03 2013
    AZ Member #
    106799
    Location
    Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by casey_tuzziano View Post
    So you had the monochromatic red screen and swapped it with the colored display?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You can't easily swap just the display. It's easier to source an entire cluster and swap it in.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Established Member Two Rings casey_tuzziano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 25 2015
    AZ Member #
    322686
    My Garage
    '68 Chevy Nova
    Location
    United States

    Quote Originally Posted by elscotto80 View Post
    You can't easily swap just the display. It's easier to source an entire cluster and swap it in.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Yeah that's what I mean haha. Im looking into swapping mine for an S4 cluster and coding it.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 03 2013
    AZ Member #
    106799
    Location
    Baltimore

    Good luck!

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Established Member Two Rings casey_tuzziano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 25 2015
    AZ Member #
    322686
    My Garage
    '68 Chevy Nova
    Location
    United States

    The only thing I'm worried about is the connections being different. I looked up wiring diagrams in Elsa for an A4 and S4 and they look to be the same. I have an odis machine so i can input my mileage.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 03 2013
    AZ Member #
    106799
    Location
    Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by casey_tuzziano View Post
    The only thing I'm worried about is the connections being different. I looked up wiring diagrams in Elsa for an A4 and S4 and they look to be the same. I have an odis machine so i can input my mileage.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I don't think there are any issues. Mine was from a 2014 I think and I have a 2010. I went with the p+ cluster which is the same style as my A4, just with the color DIS. I didn't want an s4 logo in my A4...that seems silly to me.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Senior Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 17 2015
    AZ Member #
    349632
    Location
    Michigan/Ontario

    Quote Originally Posted by casey_tuzziano View Post
    The only thing I'm worried about is the connections being different. I looked up wiring diagrams in Elsa for an A4 and S4 and they look to be the same. I have an odis machine so i can input my mileage.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Should every dealership have said Odis Machine to change mileage?
    2011 B8 A4 ZF8HP // JHM K04-R // APR v3.1 // 034 HFC // Treadstone TR8 FMIC // Snow Performance Stage 2 WM Injection // Bilstein B12 Pro-kit // Borla Downpipe // // Rockford 8" Woofers // JL 10" Sub // 2200 W // Audison BitOne DSP

  11. #11
    Established Member Two Rings casey_tuzziano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 25 2015
    AZ Member #
    322686
    My Garage
    '68 Chevy Nova
    Location
    United States

    Quote Originally Posted by A4x View Post
    Should every dealership have said Odis Machine to change mileage?
    Every tech is given one.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 03 2013
    AZ Member #
    106799
    Location
    Baltimore

    One other thing is if your wiper stalk doesn't have reset and rocker buttons on the side you will need to source one to take full advantage of more options with the DIS. The stalks carry by year and I believe sedan and avant. I got mine for 40 bucks off eBay.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.