Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Trunk lock stuck in open

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    As you can see on the picture, the left arm will not pull back. So the trunk will not lock since it's stuck in "open".
    The lock mechanism is fine. But I can't see any way to adjust the arm?

20180514_202043.jpg

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

so actuator for lock/unlock is fine?

But the actuator for actually "popping" the trunk is stuck back? can you manually pull it or is it jammed up? check for power when pressing release button if it has power than the actuator failed.
    80 rabbit pickup, 98 TJ 4bt cummins, 00 180TTQ 6spd, 02 Freelander, 03 Allroad 2.7t 6spd swap now with K04s, 06 A3 2.0T w/GT3071R (2012 JSW TDI and 2015 GSW TDI now in TDI purgatory )

Established Member Two Rings AudiNike12's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Is the actuator working?

Is the end of that pin stuck in the "circle" on the lock actuator to the left? If it is, move the pin so it's in the lane

It should be like it is on this picture:

Also, if you remove that pin, then you should be able to close. If nothing else works. I had the same problem:

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...4#post12855774
    Audi A6 2.4 Sedan -04

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by chris86vw View Post

But the actuator for actually "popping" the trunk is stuck back? can you manually pull it or is it jammed up? check for power when pressing release button if it has power than the actuator failed.
    Correct, I can't move it at all, seems to be totally stuck.

Established Member Two Rings AudiNike12's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by chris86vw View Post

This also happened to mine later on. Had power to it but nothing happened. It was stuck. Replaced it and then it was working fine
    Audi A6 2.4 Sedan -04

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

pull it out, so you can close trunk, but leave cover off so you can release it through back seat.

Open it up and see if it jammed up and can be freed or if its just toast, if the latter just replace they aren't that expensive like 25 usd new. I know you said previously shipping from china was taxed heavily for you but its one of those parts there might be someone in Hungary or latvia selling them, some of those guys are blowing out NOS overruns the manufactures have been storing for Audi and finally can sell.
    80 rabbit pickup, 98 TJ 4bt cummins, 00 180TTQ 6spd, 02 Freelander, 03 Allroad 2.7t 6spd swap now with K04s, 06 A3 2.0T w/GT3071R (2012 JSW TDI and 2015 GSW TDI now in TDI purgatory )

Established Member Two Rings Grainreaper's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Wish you were within reasonable shipping distance, I have 2 spare ones sitting around