Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Senior Member Three Rings jiannu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 23 2016
    AZ Member #
    370693
    Location
    Ontario,Canada

    Anyone running BOSS600 kit?

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Wondering how it would be as a daily. I understand it spools around 700rpm later than a 500 kit so in the real world what would that translate to?

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Veteran Member Four Rings 613B6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 29 2009
    AZ Member #
    45661
    Location
    Street racing in Ottawa

    Touch over 4000 rpm full boost (28psi +).

    A3 8V | 11.1@127 | GTX2867R | stock fueling/motor | pump gas | Eurodyne
    IG: 613B6

  3. #3
    Senior Member Three Rings jiannu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 23 2016
    AZ Member #
    370693
    Location
    Ontario,Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by 613B6 View Post
    Touch over 4000 rpm full boost (28psi +).
    That's kinda late........ any thing to do to get that thing to spool quicker? Ceramic coat the hot side? With supported mods like full boost hoses and charge pipes, will that # go lower?

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Veteran Member Four Rings 613B6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 29 2009
    AZ Member #
    45661
    Location
    Street racing in Ottawa

    Quote Originally Posted by jiannu View Post
    That's kinda late........ any thing to do to get that thing to spool quicker? Ceramic coat the hot side? With supported mods like full boost hoses and charge pipes, will that # go lower?

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    No, the 500 is a much better street turbo.

    A3 8V | 11.1@127 | GTX2867R | stock fueling/motor | pump gas | Eurodyne
    IG: 613B6

  5. #5
    Senior Member Three Rings jiannu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 23 2016
    AZ Member #
    370693
    Location
    Ontario,Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by 613B6 View Post
    Touch over 4000 rpm full boost (28psi +).
    Are you sure? Is that the old gen? This kit I am interested is the Gen. 2. I think I am going to pull the trigger....can't pass this deal.

  6. #6
    Veteran Member Four Rings 613B6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 29 2009
    AZ Member #
    45661
    Location
    Street racing in Ottawa

    Quote Originally Posted by jiannu View Post
    Are you sure? Is that the old gen? This kit I am interested is the Gen. 2. I think I am going to pull the trigger....can't pass this deal.
    Yes, I've driven the car, seen the logs, etc. He will probably post on your thread in the mk7 board. Its pretty simple, if you're looking for over 475whp, the Iroz/APR kits are far better, but you gotta pay for them.

    A3 8V | 11.1@127 | GTX2867R | stock fueling/motor | pump gas | Eurodyne
    IG: 613B6

  7. #7
    Senior Member Three Rings jiannu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 23 2016
    AZ Member #
    370693
    Location
    Ontario,Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by 613B6 View Post
    Yes, I've driven the car, seen the logs, etc. He will probably post on your thread in the mk7 board. Its pretty simple, if you're looking for over 475whp, the Iroz/APR kits are far better, but you gotta pay for them.
    Ok thanks.

    I know that those kits are better (not so sure on APR)however $$$ is the factor. I'm not looking to rebuild or build up the bottom end as I only have 20k. Looking for something reliable like 450-480whp.

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Veteran Member Four Rings 613B6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 29 2009
    AZ Member #
    45661
    Location
    Street racing in Ottawa

    I don't think you will find a better kit than the APR stage3+. I've never had an APR tune or part on my car, but I been around these stage 3 kits and gone though a lot of issues with my setup to know its well worth the price of admission and some. No one else is running consistent 10's like they are, with a perfectly running car.

    A3 8V | 11.1@127 | GTX2867R | stock fueling/motor | pump gas | Eurodyne
    IG: 613B6

  9. #9
    Senior Member Three Rings jiannu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 23 2016
    AZ Member #
    370693
    Location
    Ontario,Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by 613B6 View Post
    I don't think you will find a better kit than the APR stage3+. I've never had an APR tune or part on my car, but I been around these stage 3 kits and gone though a lot of issues with my setup to know its well worth the price of admission and some. No one else is running consistent 10's like they are, with a perfectly running car.
    That's not what I heard.....so many ppl complained about the kit and lots of them went UM for tuning. I heard good things about the efr turbo .....but that's it.

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Veteran Member Four Rings 613B6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 29 2009
    AZ Member #
    45661
    Location
    Street racing in Ottawa

    Quote Originally Posted by jiannu View Post
    That's not what I heard.....so many ppl complained about the kit and lots of them went UM for tuning. I heard good things about the efr turbo .....but that's it.

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    Weird, I get messages all day long to retune peoples UM tunes with Eurodyne. I guess its the cycle of turbo life, no ones ever happy.

    A3 8V | 11.1@127 | GTX2867R | stock fueling/motor | pump gas | Eurodyne
    IG: 613B6

  11. #11
    Senior Member Three Rings jiannu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 23 2016
    AZ Member #
    370693
    Location
    Ontario,Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by 613B6 View Post
    Weird, I get messages all day long to retune peoples UM tunes with Eurodyne. I guess its the cycle of turbo life, no ones ever happy.
    Lol......yep....lol

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Veteran Member Four Rings TCHUN003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14 2006
    AZ Member #
    11290
    My Garage
    2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI, Honda Ruckus
    Location
    SoCal
    Items for Sale

    Have you looked into Mabotech m560is turbo with eurodyne maestro? Check out the mabotech tuning page on facebook, it's impressive. That's the route I'll be going when I pay off my car.
    -Thomas
    Current: /S3
    Previous: B6 A4/B8A4 Avant

  13. #13
    Senior Member Three Rings jiannu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 23 2016
    AZ Member #
    370693
    Location
    Ontario,Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by TCHUN003 View Post
    Have you looked into Mabotech m560is turbo with eurodyne maestro? Check out the mabotech tuning page on facebook, it's impressive. That's the route I'll be going when I pay off my car.
    I did check them out and found them to be pricey..... I ended up buying the 600 kit. Cant go wrong for the $$$$.

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Senior Member Three Rings jiannu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 23 2016
    AZ Member #
    370693
    Location
    Ontario,Canada

    Now I just need to upgrade to the v.2 as it's better for throttle response and turbo surge protection as well better for DV.



    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Veteran Member Four Rings Six Speed Turbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 09 2007
    AZ Member #
    15522
    My Garage
    '16 Audi Q3, Tools, Car Parts
    Location
    Fort Drum, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by jiannu View Post
    Ok thanks.

    I know that those kits are better (not so sure on APR)however $$$ is the factor. I'm not looking to rebuild or build up the bottom end as I only have 20k. Looking for something reliable like 450-480whp.
    I have the APR Stage 3+ kit and it's great, daily driving characteristics are close to stock. Also the torque is only 20 FT LBS more than stage 2 numbers, so a built engine really isn't necessary.
    2016 S3 Prestige - Glacier White Metallic, APR Stage 3+, APR TCU upgrade, APR CAI, APR FMIC, APR Catchcan, APR Lowering Springs, P3 Guage

    YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC88...LbgXXvRHPvW3Xw <---SUBSCRIBE

  16. #16
    Veteran Member Four Rings TCHUN003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14 2006
    AZ Member #
    11290
    My Garage
    2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI, Honda Ruckus
    Location
    SoCal
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Six Speed Turbo View Post
    I have the APR Stage 3+ kit and it's great, daily driving characteristics are close to stock. Also the torque is only 20 FT LBS more than stage 2 numbers, so a built engine really isn't necessary.
    Only 20 more ftlbs of torque, but I bet it is much more linear than a stage 2.
    -Thomas
    Current: /S3
    Previous: B6 A4/B8A4 Avant



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.