Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings BSIX-SFOUR's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Crappy 2001 Ford F150

Welp... sold the B6... moved to a B8!

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Iím a little late on posting this so bare with me! Last week Saturday I drove roughly 200 miles to get my new-to-me 2010 S4 with DSG. Drove down the week prior and test drive it... instantly fell in love! The guy I bought it from knew his stuff and really let me put the car through its paces on the test drive! Mods thus far are: Cold air intake, APR supercharger drive pulley, APR Stage 2 tune, and the APR DSG Flash.

The first thing I noticed about this car opposed to my B6 was the exhilarating feeling of stomping the throttle! Obviously, it drives like a dream compared to the B6 as it is 6 years newer and has 69k on the clock!

Another thing to note is that this car came with a Mepco 100k mile bumper to bumper warranty that I just had transferred over. I donít really know much about this company Mepco, but I have dealt with similar 3rd party warranty companies before. Theyíre a pain, but they usually take care of the major issues.

Just scheduled my 75k service... Iím a diesel mechanic and while I feel confident that I can perform the DSG service on my own, the car is still under the 100k mile warranty, so I really donít want to risk something bad happening and Mepco not covering it because I performed the service myself. Audi quoted me $660 for the full 75k service... Iím not sure if thatís reasonable or not? Thoughts?

All in all, I am very satisfied with the purchase! The car is faster, gets better fuel mileage, and my wife can drive it! Iím really looking forward to being a part of the B8 community! Iíve seen some of the cars these other B8 owners have and WOW! They look incredible! If anyone has any thoughts on what direction I should take when modifying this car further Iíd love some feedback!

Hereís some pics of the car!

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Attached Images

Senior Member Three Rings wangshuo1989's Avatar
    AZ Member #

that price sounds about right.
    2013 S5 Misano Red, DSG, B&O, Sport Diff, MMI+, CTS 180mm crank pulley (7PK1300 APR belt), APR Stage II, APR TCU tune, CR15
    2018 XC90 Inscription, B&W sound, Convenience Pkg, Air suspension

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    996tt

haha!

I made the same exact jump, but I had a B6 A4 with a ko4 on it and jumped to the B8 s4 with the same mods.

It is quite the car comparatively. I am also very happy but I would have preferred a manual. The DSG isnt really to my liking after living with it for 3 months now.
    Garage:
    04 996tt, 06 Boxster S, 88 911 targa, 96 911 Convertible, 10 B8 S4

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

welcome to the b8 club gents!

I also drive a '10 and its been rock solid so far. for me, it hits all of my requirements. 4 door, forced induction, quattro, inviting interior.

Veteran Member Four Rings B72.0T's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    12' Mercedes GLK350 4Matic, 04' GLI

Welcome. Plenty of info on here about modding.
    B8 S4 6-speed
    GIAC Stage II

Veteran Member Four Rings Dr GP's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Lexus RX 350

HUGE upgrade!

Senior Member Two Rings Tom Sawyer's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Congrats on the B8! While I didn't go directly from a B6 to B8/8.5, my '04 S4 is still fresh enough in my mind to be amazed at how completely better my B8.5 is in every way. The only thing I could perhaps still give the nod to the B6 for is the V8 sound... past that, so much improvement. Hopefully you'll have no need to use the warranty, but if you do would be very interested in hearing your experience with them. My factory coverage will be up in another 9k and I'm torn on buying extended or just being the warranty myself. Probably an assumption, but I'm guessing 3rd party warranties may be a better bet for modders than a CPO or Audi extended warranty.

Sounds about right on the 75k service as it adds oil and v-belt from what I can tell; I just had my "35k" done @ 40k as I was unable to determine if the service had been performed yet from any carfax or dealer records so wanted to be safe about it. Was $437 out the door... other than warranty harness work on the backup camera, the DSG service was the only thing done.
    2016 S4 P+ DSG, Florett Silver Metallic, Panda Nappa Leather, Tech/B&O with tweaks/Side Assist, Dynamic Suspension, Sport Diff; Eurocode Intake, CR-15

Gone but not forgotten: 2000 B5 S4, 2004 B6 S4, 2003 RS6

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '70 Cutlass, MDX, Pilot

Same here. B6S4 to B8S4 in March. Still a lot I miss about the B6, but the B8 is a good car.
    2011 S4 6MT Ibis White|Panda Nappa|Titanium|Carbon|NAV|Sport Diff|B&O|Unitronic|Team Dynamics|Nitto|G-Force|Simpson
    (Gone)2004 S4 6MT Silver|Black|Carbon|Bilstein|Hawk|Magnaflow|ECS
    (Gone)1998 A4 5MT Black|Black|Bilstein|A8/S4 Brakes|APR Exhaust|AWE DTS|Intrax Extreme|Flik|GIAC|Etc

Veteran Member Three Rings kwik_shift's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 S4

Nice find!

Veteran Member Four Rings Dr GP's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Lexus RX 350

Quote Originally Posted by TEB View Post
    Same here. B6S4 to B8S4 in March. Still a lot I miss about the B6, but the B8 is a good car.
    Do you miss the bad gas mileage , the improperly matched gear ratios, or the timing chain tensioner issue? IMHO the E90/E92 335 i was a better car than the b6/b7 S4

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Crappy 2001 Ford F150

Quote Originally Posted by dzasta View Post
    welcome to the b8 club gents!

I also drive a '10 and its been rock solid so far. for me, it hits all of my requirements. 4 door, forced induction, quattro, inviting interior.
    How many miles?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Crappy 2001 Ford F150

I hate the Audi dealer here in my city... I had the timing done on my b6 because it came with another 3rd party warranty... the warranty company was good! They offered to cover up to $10k on the timing service... the reason I hate my audi dealer is that they used EVERY LAST CENT OF IT! $10,000 for a timing service on my b6, WITH CUSTOMER SUPPLIED TIMING KIT FROM JHM....

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Crappy 2001 Ford F150

Quote Originally Posted by Dr GP View Post
    Do you miss the bad gas mileage , the improperly matched gear ratios, or the timing chain tensioner issue? IMHO the E90/E92 335 i was a better car than the b6/b7 S4
    IMHO youíre comparing apples to oranges... you know what no BMW has? Quattro. Yes, there were flaws in the b6/7. Particularly the BHF engine timing design. But the best thing about an Audi is that it ISNT a BMW. How long did the 335i have the same old man mahogany interior design? Exactly.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Crappy 2001 Ford F150

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer View Post
    Congrats on the B8! While I didn't go directly from a B6 to B8/8.5, my '04 S4 is still fresh enough in my mind to be amazed at how completely better my B8.5 is in every way. The only thing I could perhaps still give the nod to the B6 for is the V8 sound... past that, so much improvement. Hopefully you'll have no need to use the warranty, but if you do would be very interested in hearing your experience with them. My factory coverage will be up in another 9k and I'm torn on buying extended or just being the warranty myself. Probably an assumption, but I'm guessing 3rd party warranties may be a better bet for modders than a CPO or Audi extended warranty.

Sounds about right on the 75k service as it adds oil and v-belt from what I can tell; I just had my "35k" done @ 40k as I was unable to determine if the service had been performed yet from any carfax or dealer records so wanted to be safe about it. Was $437 out the door... other than warranty harness work on the backup camera, the DSG service was the only thing done.
    I guess in certain ways the 3rd party warranties are better for modders... Iíd say that they are probably a little more ďblindĒ when it comes to performance ad-ons. The 3rd party dealer I worked with on my b6 took very good care of me so realistically I have nothing bad to say about them at this time!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '70 Cutlass, MDX, Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Dr GP View Post
    No idea why you are bringing BMW into this discussion. A lot of people drive Audi because they are NOT BMWs. There are areas where the B8S4 is a superior car, but its been de-contented when compared to the B6/B7S4 in order to be in the same price range as the 335.
    2011 S4 6MT Ibis White|Panda Nappa|Titanium|Carbon|NAV|Sport Diff|B&O|Unitronic|Team Dynamics|Nitto|G-Force|Simpson
    (Gone)2004 S4 6MT Silver|Black|Carbon|Bilstein|Hawk|Magnaflow|ECS
    (Gone)1998 A4 5MT Black|Black|Bilstein|A8/S4 Brakes|APR Exhaust|AWE DTS|Intrax Extreme|Flik|GIAC|Etc

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BSIX-SFOUR View Post
    How many miles?

Just under 89k now. most ppl are blown away when they realize my car is a 2010

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    996tt

Same, mine has 81k on it... they are super surprised its a 2010.

That being said, the ultrasport body kit on the B6 had the same effect. Everyone thought it was a 2008 or 2010 and it was a 04.

I still love the ultrasport and b6 lines.
    Garage:
    04 996tt, 06 Boxster S, 88 911 targa, 96 911 Convertible, 10 B8 S4

Established Member Three Rings brs2c's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Lots of great information mod info if you search.

Here is a quick summary:
    -You gotta have Stage 2, it is the sweet spot and you need this in your life
    -Dual Pulley is nice and torquey, but you have to spend at a much higher $ per HP ratio (you will have to upgrade your cooling system, cats fail quicker)
    -Different tuners have some pros and cons, but all of the tuners on our platform are pretty good
    -Intakes biggest differentiation is open filter (louder and more air) vs closed (much cooler air)...Some of fastest times are ran on modified stock intakes.
    -Exhausts are endlessly debated and make minimal power. AWE seems to be the aural crowd pleaser.
    2013 S4, Monsoon Grey, DSG, B&O, Sport Diff, Nappa || Custom 3.5" Velocity Stack Intake, EPL Stage 2+, Fluidampr 183mm CP, EPL TCU, AMS Alpha Cooler || VMR V804's (19x9.5 et45), ECS 2-piece Rotors, Stainless Lines, 034 SB, 034 inserts.

Veteran Member Four Rings KRp220's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by TEB View Post
    No idea why you are bringing BMW into this discussion. A lot of people drive Audi because they are NOT BMWs. There are areas where the B8S4 is a superior car, but its been de-contented when compared to the B6/B7S4 in order to be in the same price range as the 335.
    i think Doc is just trying to state that both cars (comparable in generation, power, class, price, etc) are both turds
    he forgot to mention the oil consumption pandemic though

OP, congrats on the new ride. i miss my 2010 at times
    CURRENT 2013 S4 // ESTORIL BLUE // 6MT // RS BUMPER // GIAC STG 2+ 3.2 PR // FORGE CC // AWE TOURING // ROC EURO // KW HAS // BC FORGED HCA381-F // PSS 265/30/20 // AK // 034 MOUNTS // SB STAGE 3 CLUTCH // CR 15
    + tints, sports diff, j-codes, Akebono pads, SS clutch line...
    GONE 2010 S4 // QUARTZ GREY // 6MT // GIAC STG2 // AWE TRACK // ROC EURO // 034 TRANS MOUNT // H&R OE's // AG M610 FF 19x8.5 // + random stuff