Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Three Rings Delasangre4231's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Why isn't my google earth working?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    My 2013 RS5 I just bought doesnt seem to have the data, but it shows 2G on the screen with full bars. However in the pictures before it was shipped from Texas to Oregon they had it on Nav and google earth was working. My question is do I have different networks here or did the data get shutoff.
    2013 RS5 Phantom Black Pearl - Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, ECS Brake lines with Motul RBF600, ECS X-Pipe, Leyo Motorsports paddle extensions

2003 A4 Avant, 6MT, 3.0 V6 SOLD
    B6 S4 front brakes, JHM stainless brake lines, Straight Pipe - http://youtu.be/7zsiB7rT1fo

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I think you need the data subscription from Audi. The vehicle comes with a few months complimentary and that's probably when the maps you saw were downloaded.

That's my guess

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    09 A6 3.0T (Sold), 11 Cooper ALL4 S, 2013 S5

Quote Originally Posted by S5Toks View Post
    I think you need the data subscription from Audi. The vehicle comes with a few months complimentary and that's probably when the maps you saw were downloaded.

That's my guess
    Sounds right to me, I had much the same.
    2013 S5, B&O, Sports Diff, Nav Plus, Carbon inlays, Akebono, APR Stage 2, Dual Pulley, DSG Tune, APR intake and back pipe. KW HAS. Variant 20x10, Carbon Imports rear spoiler, RS Grill, Passport 9500i and night surveillance by Blackvue :) Ultracharger and Intercooler, ECS X-pipe

Senior Member Two Rings Feryunda's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Audi A5

Did you check if you have the SIM card installed or if it was removed by the previous owner? In any case most probably you will need new subscription with a new SIM card. You can have data from Audi but it is expensive. I did get my SIM card from Freedompop and for what I use it, like google maps, their free plan is enough. To activate any card you need an Audi Connect subscription so you can get a pin number to setup your MMI. If you decide to go the freedompop route check this tread https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...-Connect-Yes-!
    Last edited by Feryunda; 05-14-2018 at 10:35 AM.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

You are also going to have to do the T-Mobile to AT&T swap.