Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings Ol Dirty Noodle's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Raccoons and Feces

C5 RS6 Seats in B6???

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So I have a set of reacaros from a C5 RS6 that I want to dye and install in my B6. Iíve searched around and really only found one thread but itís about installing B6/7/8 seats in a C5.

It involved getting custom rails and a jumper harness from sinister, so Iím guessing Iím going to have to do something similar. Question is has anyone else here already done it? And what exactly needs to be swapped between seats?

Veteran Member Four Rings jjvwg's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 A4 Avant

i would think they wouldnt fit. the c5 is a wider chassis with larger interior than our cars. our seats into a c5 would work because your coming from a smaller car to a bigger one. i would pull one of your seats out and test fit before you go any further
    | 2004 A4 Avant | Gloss Dark Grey |
    | 2.7t K04 swap | 034 RSB | Apikol snub | 17z BBK |Vogtland GT1 Coilovers | Moog adj. UCA's | Peeler reps |

| 2011 A4 Avant | Brilliant Black | Vogtland Coilovers | RSE's | 034 Sway/tranny mount | Q5 brakes |

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Raccoons and Feces

Quote Originally Posted by jjvwg View Post
    i would think they wouldnt fit. the c5 is a wider chassis with larger interior than our cars. our seats into a c5 would work because your coming from a smaller car to a bigger one. i would pull one of your seats out and test fit before you go any further
    Physically theyíll fit, itís the electronics/rails/ lower plastics that Iím curious about

Veteran Member Four Rings jjvwg's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 A4 Avant

I meant to say that I didnít think they would fit, but I think you understood. If you verified they fit, did you check to see if they matched up to our frame rails at the same time. Should have been pretty easy to tell if they would t mount or not. As for wiring, get yourself the wiring diagrams and go to town. Iíd suggest getting some harness plugs from a wrecked car and splicing them into the c5 seat so that they are plug and play to the chassis wiring.

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Ol Dirty Noodle View Post
    So I have a set of reacaros from a C5 RS6 that I want to dye and install in my B6. Iíve searched around and really only found one thread but itís about installing B6/7/8 seats in a C5.

It involved getting custom rails and a jumper harness from sinister, so Iím guessing Iím going to have to do something similar. Question is has anyone else here already done it? And what exactly needs to be swapped between seats?
    B6/B7/B8 seats mount vertically, whereas B5/C5 seats mount horizontally. To use seats from one in the other, adapter rails are needed, as well as rewiring/repinning the connectors. It's not undoable, but given all the options that exist that are easier to install, it might make sense to sell those and acquire a different set
    WTB: B6 Ultrasport Avant 6-sp

2007 RS4 Sprint/Ebony, Ti, 113k
    UM tuned/JHM/BC Racing/Milltek/oCarbon

RIP 2002 A4 2.0TQM Denim/Ebony, 243k
    FWD->AWD, Bische-tuned GT2871R

Senior Member Two Rings Lauri0112's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I think rs6 seats just won't look right in a newer car. But hey, thatīs just my opinion.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Raccoons and Feces

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Devo View Post
    B6/B7/B8 seats mount vertically, whereas B5/C5 seats mount horizontally. To use seats from one in the other, adapter rails are needed, as well as rewiring/repinning the connectors. It's not undoable, but given all the options that exist that are easier to install, it might make sense to sell those and acquire a different set
    Theyíve got a certain sentimental value, my brother acquired them for his C5 build that he had to abandon before he passed, thatís also where the 2.7 and everything else going into my avant came from.