Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings seanf86's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    97 B5A4 1.8tqm, 94 Cavalier, 02 B6A4tq tiptronic (wifes) 01 B5 S4 project
    Items for Sale

Just bought a Q5

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Pretty stoked, I pick it up tomorrow 2013 3.0t with 89k km s line with sport seats, NAV, drive select, however from my research it's missing tech package as it's got no homelink, push button start or lane assist.

It comes on the wheels pictured with almost new blizzacks so I need wheels asap, looking at 20s any insight into specs I should be looking into? It's going to stay stock height.

Also trailer hitches, need one asap, the Curt hangs too low, want something that fits where the valence removes like the OEM one just preferably without OEM pricing, if there's no alternative I'll just suck it up and get OEM I guess, at most it'll tow a double jetski trailer.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Established Member Three Rings MSq5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have a '17 Q5 with 3.0T engine, S-Line trim. I got the OEM 20" summer tire package, because we get almost no sub freezing weather here, and I do have another vehicle to drive, should that happen.

I'm thinking you might find the five spoke OEM wheels lightly used at a good price by someone who wanted to go with something different, or wider, or such. These are correct for the Q5 3.0T with 255/45R20 tires.

Here is what they look like, FYI. No, mine are not for sale! I like them. Just a thought.
    Attached Images
    2017 Q5 3.0T S-Line | Brilliant Black | EPL Stage 2 93 octane tune | JHM 179mm crank pulley | K&N E-1987 in "modified" stock air box
    034 silicone throttle body hose

Established Member Three Rings buggravy's Avatar
    AZ Member #

/\ I LOVE those stock wheels. If you want to go after market, but are staying at stock height I think the 20X9 ET25 fitment is about as good as it gets. Plenty of good wheel options in that fitment.
    '16 SQ5 - Sepang Blue w/Black Optics - BC Forged RS45 w/DWS06 295 | Magnaflow | 034 RSB, endlinks, X-brace, drivetrain inserts | ROW suspension | TAG blackout badges

Veteran Member Four Rings VroomVroom's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Congrats. I loved my '13 and I hope you enjoy yours. FWIW, stock 20" wheel spec is 8.5" wide ET33. Buggravy's recommendation above is spot-on if you're looking into aftermarket options.

The differences in packages for US and Canada markets always surprises me. MMI/NAV without push-button start just seems silly. FWIW, mine didn't have lane-assist, but it did have ADS.
    -Jerry
    '16 SQ5 P+. Glacier White; Tech, Nappa, Black Optics, 21's.
    > H&R/Bilstein, Conti/BBS, various VCDS tidbits.
    (Formerly)13' Q5 3.0T '12 Q5 3.2, '08 A4 Avant 3.2, '06 A4 Avant 3.2.

Veteran Member Four Rings seanf86's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    97 B5A4 1.8tqm, 94 Cavalier, 02 B6A4tq tiptronic (wifes) 01 B5 S4 project
    Items for Sale

So far we're loving it! My wife and I both have B6 A4s and the Q5 is way more comfortable (obviously) seat position wise with our newborn in the back in his rear facing seat.

As for wheels I picked up some almost new Rotiform BLQ 20x10 ET 35 for a pretty decent price today, going to run the stock 20 tire size and see where that gets me, should be pretty square with a slight stretch I'm thinking.

Veteran Member Four Rings SQive's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 R8 GT; 2016 SQ5; 2017 Q7

Quote Originally Posted by seanf86 View Post
    So far we're loving it! My wife and I both have B6 A4s and the Q5 is way more comfortable (obviously) seat position wise with our newborn in the back in his rear facing seat.

As for wheels I picked up some almost new Rotiform BLQ 20x10 ET 35 for a pretty decent price today, going to run the stock 20 tire size and see where that gets me, should be pretty square with a slight stretch I'm thinking.
    At ET+35, you'll have to run stretched tires. Once you've worn out those stockers, you'll want some 10mm spacers with 295/40's. Then, you'll be pleased with the looks and be a member of the MTC.
    2012 R8 GT, Suzuka with carbon fiber (#298 of 333)
    2017 Q7 P+, Ink Blue, Pistachio Beige, Warm, Vision, Bose, Towing (wife's ride)
    2016 SQ5, Sepang, Black Optic, Technology, BBS CH-R Gold 20x10.5 with 295's
    -2014 SQ5, Monsoon, Sans pano, totaled by a Xanexed-out broad in a Denali XL