Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Cheapest sound mods?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey guys I have a b9 s4 and Iím looking to add a little more sound. Thinking about doing the resonator delete but I only heard one video of a b9 res delete (it did sound good though), debating on an intake but the awe carbon one is like $600?? Any other ideas to get more sound out of this car? By the way itís a LEASE so Iím not looking to spend $1000+ on an an exhaust or downpipe unless I can maybe get a good deal on a used one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Four Rings 4ringnut's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 Audi S4, 2017 Acura MDX

Either buy nice or have regrets.

Pedal Responce first responder.

AZ Member #

Cheapest sound mods?

Quote Originally Posted by 4ringnut View Post
    Either buy nice or have regrets.

Ugh I know this saying is so true.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Toyota Prius 5

Most people are unplugging the flap sensors so they are always open. I heard good this about a reso delete but personally Iím looking to upgrade to an AWE exhaust. They are bolt on and in your case, you may be able to preserve the OEM exhaust and resell your aftermarket later (for a discount of course). Long term this might save you from fronting the full $1,000 knowing youíll be getting some of that money back later when you resell it. Just food for thought.

PS, there are other more affordable intakes available, the AWE just seems to be the most stylish and has the largest gain claims (based on what I recall).

Good luck and let us know what you decide!!

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Yabi View Post
    Most people are unplugging the flap sensors so they are always open. I heard good this about a reso delete but personally Iím looking to upgrade to an AWE exhaust. They are bolt on and in your case, you may be able to preserve the OEM exhaust and resell your aftermarket later (for a discount of course). Long term this might save you from fronting the full $1,000 knowing youíll be getting some of that money back later when you resell it. Just food for thought.

PS, there are other more affordable intakes available, the AWE just seems to be the most stylish and has the largest gain claims (based on what I recall).

Good luck and let us know what you decide!!
    Thanks for the tips. Unplugging the flap sensors wouldnít actually make it louder would it? Iím assuming it would just sound like itís in sport mode on shifter and dynamic mode all the time? I might end up with a res delete in the future Iíll post videos if that happens. Iíll have to find out what other intakes there are available.

AZ Member #

cheapest & loudest sound probably cut the muffler off

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Toyota Prius 5

Quote Originally Posted by S4audi15 View Post
    Thanks for the tips. Unplugging the flap sensors wouldnít actually make it louder would it? Iím assuming it would just sound like itís in sport mode on shifter and dynamic mode all the time? I might end up with a res delete in the future Iíll post videos if that happens. Iíll have to find out what other intakes there are available.

Thatís correct. It will only be as loud as Sport mode. My apologies if this wasnít helpful.