Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Jet Suction Pump/Valve

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hello,

I am facing "17535 - Fuel Trim: Bank 1 (Mult): System too Rich" fault code for some time.

I was searching for leaks and I have inspected JSP and it was letting little amount of air in wrong direction (from intake manifold towards brake booster direction).
    I have replaced JSP with the brand new part (tested and working), but situation is getting worst.

Now I have 3 fault codes:
    Control Module Part Number: 8E0 909 518 AK
    Component and/or Version: 1.8L R4/5VT G 0003
    Software Coding: 0016751
    Work Shop Code: WSC 63351
    3 Faults Found:
    17887 - Brake Boost Vacuum System: Mechanical Failure
    P1479 - 008 - Implausible Signal
    16795 - Secondary Air Injection System: Incorrect Flow Detected
    P0411 - 002 - Lower Limit Exceeded
    17535 - Fuel Trim: Bank 1 (Mult): System too Rich
    P1127 - 002 - Lower Limit Exceeded

Does anyone know if that points to some other issue, maybe to combi valve of SAI system?

Thank you in advance.

AZ Member #

Too rich is something else (vacuum leaks would give a "too lean" code). I'd probably start checking fuel pressure, make sure it is not too high.

As for the booster, SAI codes - double check you didn't miss any hoses or electrical connectors when doing the jet pump. SAI solenoid is nearby under the intake, make sure it's electrical connector is there, and hoses to and from it are still there.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 5ktq View Post
    Too rich is something else (vacuum leaks would give a "too lean" code). I'd probably start checking fuel pressure, make sure it is not too high.

As for the booster, SAI codes - double check you didn't miss any hoses or electrical connectors when doing the jet pump. SAI solenoid is nearby under the intake, make sure it's electrical connector is there, and hoses to and from it are still there.
    Thank you for directions.

SAI issue is solved for now, but System too rich is still there and that is my main issue.
    Can you please tell me what is regular fuel pressure expected in rail - 4bar?
    If I measure pressure and it is too high - what could be culprit for that?
    Fuel filter is only 3 weeks old (fuel pressure regulator is inside fuel filter) - this is A4 2004 1.8T AMB quattro AT (from Canada)

AZ Member #

Yeah I think 4 bar. Pressure regulator is in the fuel filter, maybe the one you got is not so good. Maybe some blockage in return line (seems unlikely).

too rich (mult) can also be a boost leak. So MAF measures X air, gives Y fuel to match it - but a bunch of boost (air) leaks out a ripped hose, and the net result is too rich.

Something like SJP usually leaks in a way that you would be too lean at idle also, So kind of looking for leak that would be sealed under vacuum, and blow open under boost

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Yes, i agree. I was searching for boost leak but without success.

And do you know if combi valve (part of SAI system) can cause boost leak?
    Today I tried to blow air through line which is coming from air filter housing to SAI pump and I was unable to blow air.
    Than I tried to suck air from this hose and I was able to hear water bubbling.
    This means there is water in SAI pump and this is probably caused by faulty combi valve - so I am wondering, since I wasn't able to find boost leak and combi valve is probably bad - can boost leak be caused by bad combi valve?