Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '97 A4 2.8, NA8 Miata

12v 2.8 coolant pipe... part number?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey guys, looking for some part # information for my 1997 2.8 (engine code AFC). It's pretty difficult to find this information pertaining to the AFC since most search results are for the 30v.

Basically I have a coolant leak from the cooling line that runs directly in front of the motor. I believe it is a hard metal line. On the driver's side of the car it connects to the hose that feeds into the upper radiator neck.

Searching online I am able to find "Coolant Pipe O-rings" which may be related, but I can't find this actual coolant pipe.

Want to know if anyone has a parts number that I can reference to try and make my search easier. Even if the part is no longer produced by Audi it would be good for hunting ebay for a used one.
    1998.5 A4 Quattro 1.8TQM AEB
    Stage 1 GIAC, 710N DV, ECS Snub Mount, ECS SS Brake Lines, A8 Rotors, Bilstein Sports/H&R Springs

1997 A4 Quattro 12v 2.8
    Stock... slow... 255k miles and counting

Active Member Two Rings OGKayGee's Avatar
    AZ Member #

If I'm not mistaken, I believe they use the same coolant pipes

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '97 A4 2.8, NA8 Miata

While I'd love for that to be true (would certainly make my life easier) I can't find anything to back that up. Whenever I find parts associated with the coolant pipe, such as this hose that connects to it, fitment is listed for the B5 A4 12v, 100, and C4 A6. Nothing regarding the 30v 2.8.
    1998.5 A4 Quattro 1.8TQM AEB
    Stage 1 GIAC, 710N DV, ECS Snub Mount, ECS SS Brake Lines, A8 Rotors, Bilstein Sports/H&R Springs

1997 A4 Quattro 12v 2.8
    Stock... slow... 255k miles and counting