Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Member Four Rings Peter1.8t's Avatar
    AZ Member #

The Unofficial Leavenworth Drive Premeet 2018

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hello to everyone,

This meet started as a group of friends many years ago, but has grown into a bigger event each year. Last year there were people from all over the PNW at the meet, with about 50 cars on the top floor.

As of right now we are a little more than a month out from The Leavenworth Drive 2018. Its scheduled for Saturday June 16th 2018.

For those of you that aren't aware of what the Leavenworth Drive is, it's a charity drive to the small Bavarian town of Leavenworth, WA. They expect a $10 donation per car. It's aimed to be a european car drive, but obviously other car enthusiasts want to be included, so be prepared to expect guys like " Can I bring my Honda or Subaru?" It happens every year, and there's nothing you can do about it since the drive takes place on public roads. There's more info on the actual event in the link below. They have a FB page as well you can follow.

http://leavenworthdrive.com

For many years, the event organizers would hold a pre-meet at Bellevue College. Unfortunately this year they have reverted to the 2015 way of having many smaller meets at three different locations. For this reason I'm putting together a different (and better meeting spot!) on our own like we have been doing for several years right next to the college. This allows forum members, local car groups, friends, or whomever to meet beforehand, park next to each other, and leave as a group.

The meeting place will be the top floor of the Eastgate Park and Ride in Bellevue Washington probably between 8:30 and 9:30. This is also a great photo location. For those that have never been there before, its located adjacent to Bellevue College and right next to I90, theres a back entrance that takes you almost to the top floor. Not that it matters since there's no main BC meet, however in years past this allows everyone to avoid the hassle of getting in/out of the BC parking lot, which if you've ever done that you know how much of PITA it is, and the sooner we get to Leavenworth the better chance of finding parking you have. Parking is very limited in the town and there will be thousands of extra cars. It really becomes a free for all brawl. So the sooner the rollout the better chances for parking.

Also it should be said that this is a public area. No revving or burnouts. The cops will not bother us if your respectful to the property and the neighbors surrounding the area.

The event organizers try to encourage the 405N to 522 to HWY2 route to Leavenworth. The route that our little group has taken is the I90 east, a quick stop at the Safeway in Cle Elum to regroup, or bathroom break, then continue on to Blewett Pass into Leavenworth. This unconventional route has allowed us to bypass the HWY2 massacre that happens every year. 800 to 2000 more cars on the road means some pretty long backups. This route has always been smooth sailing, plus i90 means we get to cruise next to each other, and Blewett pass is a great driving road. Occasionally theres traffic on Blewett Pass, but they do have passing lanes every so often.

If anyone has questions feel free to PM me. This isn't exclusive to just AZ forum members, I extend the invite to anyone that wants to come have a good time with good people. I try to stick with a 9:30am rollout, my car is a 2008 Avus Silver RS4. Its loud so people usually know when its time to roll out. We exit out the back side of the complex just one floor down, continue up the hill, take a right at the stop sign, and a left at the HOV on ramp onto I90. This route for exiting works much faster and allows more cars to stick together when cruising.

For the TL:DR people

Who: Everyone
    What: Leavenworth Drive premeet
    When: June 16th, 2018 8:30-9:30AM
    Where: Eastgate Park and Ride, Bellevue, WA
    Why: To avoid the BC parking mess, to avoid the HWY 2 back up, and to avoid the parking mess in Leavenworth

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Well, here we go again

Established Member Two Rings James D's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Looking forward to it again this year. See you all soon. Last year the first group definitely got a good lead. Blasted stop lights....

Cheers!
    2014 Glacier White S4, with Chestnut Brown/Black Interior. AWE Touring Exhaust with 102mm tips, Resonated DP. KW V2 Coilovers. Avant-Garde Wheels. 19x9.5 (Finished in Brushed Black Nickel) Tint by Accutint (Ceramic). RS Grill, Deval front CF Lip, ECS Rear CF Diffuser.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Canyon View Post
    Well, here we go again
    Time to break everything and replace right before the drive!

Established Member Two Rings SoundEfx's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I'll try to get my car running for this trip.

Anyone want to help me swap a B5? LOL....

Senior Member Three Rings mys4.org's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013_S4

I'm for sure going this year. I've missed it at least 3 years in a row now. How many people do we got committed to meet here?

AZ Member #

I will be there.... Top Floor of Eastgate P&R. Just like last year. All I remember is by the time we got to Leavenworth there was no parking... but we will make it work. Cheers!
    2014 Glacier White S4, with Chestnut Brown/Black Interior. AWE Touring Exhaust with 102mm tips, Resonated DP. KW V2 Coilovers. Avant-Garde Wheels. 19x9.5 (Finished in Brushed Black Nickel) Tint by Accutint (Ceramic). RS Grill, Deval front CF Lip, ECS Rear CF Diffuser.

Senior Member Four Rings JeriQo's Avatar
    AZ Member #

itd be lovely if every attendee drives like its an actual cruise and not like they just got 4 stars in GTA.

lets keep it under 80, shall we?
    2012 BB A4 P+ S-line Exterior |FBSW RS Paddles/Pedals|CR-15|AFE Filter|ECS inlet|S4 Dual Exhaust|Ace Convex 19x8.5|ECS 10mm rear|Solowerks S1

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mys4.org View Post
    I'm for sure going this year. I've missed it at least 3 years in a row now. How many people do we got committed to meet here?
    Last year we probably had 50 cars show up at this location. Itís grown each year. WSP doesnít bother us as long as we are respectful to the property.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    I will be there.... Top Floor of Eastgate P&R. Just like last year. All I remember is by the time we got to Leavenworth there was no parking... but we will make it work. Cheers!
    Thatís the unfortunate thing about Leavenworth, not a lot of parking. Many people drive up the day before to secure that front row parking. Youíll see the same vwís all stance out every year on the Main Street. Gotta get their fill of Internet famousness to feed their narcissism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JeriQo View Post
    itd be lovely if every attendee drives like its an actual cruise and not like they just got 4 stars in GTA.

lets keep it under 80, shall we?
    Lol theirs definitely some that blast the whole way up the mountain.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Peter1.8t View Post
    Thatís the unfortunate thing about Leavenworth, not a lot of parking. Many people drive up the day before to secure that front row parking. Youíll see the same vwís all stance out every year on the Main Street. Gotta get their fill of Internet famousness to feed their narcissism.

#StancedLyfe #DOPE #SUPREME
    2012 BB A4 P+ S-line Exterior |FBSW RS Paddles/Pedals|CR-15|AFE Filter|ECS inlet|S4 Dual Exhaust|Ace Convex 19x8.5|ECS 10mm rear|Solowerks S1

AZ Member #

- - - Updated - - -

Lol theirs definitely some that blast the whole way up the mountain.
    LOL your right I think its the same crazy VW crew that called the WSP on me leaving Port Townsend meet.. was not even speeding or being crazy.. just that some of them are Audi Haters.... Oh well. It will be a good venue again this year.. Do we know if anyone will be videoing our meetup and cruze?

Veteran Member Three Rings Quattro 4 Life's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '64 Pontiac Catalina, '01 Mastercraft Prostar 190

Canít make it again this year :(

Iíll be over in Chelan and considering jumping back over to come check out Leavenworth but I wonít have my Avant nor will the people Iím with be interested.

Hope itís a great cruise this year, weather is looking good!
    2007 Ibis White B7 A4 Avant 3.2QM Titanium - 1 of 2
    2011 Quartz Grey C6.5 A6 3.0T Prestige
    Past
    2000 Silver C5 A6 2.7TQM
    1999 Laser Red B5 A4 1.8TQM PC-16

AZ Member #

Would you all disown me if I show up in a BMW? LOL

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2006 Lincoln Navigator

I'm coming in S5. My buddy coming in CL55 AMG & may bring his partner with CTS-V.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by SoundEfx View Post
    Would you all disown me if I show up in a BMW? LOL
    its a euro meet! youre more than welcome!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2006 Lincoln Navigator

The CTS-V isn't tho, lol. I don't think he will make it anyway.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Benzo1133 View Post
    The CTS-V isn't tho, lol. I don't think he will make it anyway.
    Sure, Weíve had all sorts of makes and models in the past show up. However there was one year when a group of Bmwís came with some of their friends and drove like complete ass hats, such as passing people on both shoulders. They werenít invited back, so just let them know not to be that guy. We all like to have fun with our cars but thereís a limit of whats acceptable on these drives.

AZ Member #

Cool. But I was more talking about you guys though. You all might shun me like the plague saying "Look at this confused dude. He's on the Audi forum but rolling to Lev. in a BMW. (facepalm) " ... LOL

Sure, Weíve had all sorts of makes and models in the past show up. However there was one year when a group of Bmwís came with some of their friends and drove like complete ass hats, such as passing people on both shoulders. They werenít invited back, so just let them know not to be that guy. We all like to have fun with our cars but thereís a limit of whats acceptable on these drives.
    My former coworker stopped going to BMW meets and cruises because of behavior like this. It's ridiculous.

Established Member Two Rings bravozz's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I haven't be on the ride in about 3 years. I will come down for the meet and drive halfway with you guys. Can't go all the way and stay, daddy day plans. I no longer have to my A6 Avant, I got a S4...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Audizine mobile app

Senior Member Two Rings S4nikator's Avatar
    AZ Member #

A good group of us coming from BC and Bellingham...Looking forward to seeing old and new faces and rides. For anyone in the area interested in join for the drive down, check out ACWC's FB Page.

AZ Member #

Cool. But I was more talking about you guys though. You all might shun me like the plague saying "Look at this confused dude. He's on the Audi forum but rolling to Lev. in a BMW. (facepalm) " ... LOL

My former coworker stopped going to BMW meets and cruises because of behavior like this. It's ridiculous.
    Nah weíve all sorts of euros roll with us in past years. Lamborghiniís, Astonís, Mercedes, BMWís. The only ones that were trouble were the Canadian BMW guys. Everyone else was just fine.

Besides itís a public park and ride itís not like we can do anything about it.... except maybe throw you off the top floor😁

Established Member Two Rings altobeast's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Dang if only you guys gave me 2 more months to get some mods on so my car didn't look bone stock :((

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by altobeast View Post
    Dang if only you guys gave me 2 more months to get some mods on so my car didn't look bone stock :((
    Itís all good. Bring a stocker. No discrimination. Mine looks close to stock from the outside, maybe just a tad bit lower.

AZ Member #

Yeah man no one cares if your stock.... we were all there at one time, plus if you come out you may get some ideas of what you want to do and chill with the community.

Established Member Two Rings altobeast's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Yeah man no one cares if your stock.... we were all there at one time, plus if you come out you may get some ideas of what you want to do and chill with the community.
    Haha yeah I know, just got my car a month ago and the ideas and inspiration would be good. I'll try and make it, had some plans Saturday but will do my best. I might go halfway or so, but will see what happens.
    Last edited by altobeast; 06-13-2018 at 09:56 AM.

AZ Member #

Haha yeah I know, just got my car a month ago and the ideas and inspiration would be good. I'll try and make it, had some plans Saturday but will do my best. I might go halfway or so, but will see what happens.
    I've had my car for less than a year and it's a work in progress. I'm going halfway as well. Anybody coming from the south: Des Moines, Federal Way, Kent or Tacoma that want to hookup and roll to the meet up?

Senior Member Three Rings moclakens's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    no mastercraft:(

Pm sent

I'd like to meet up with you guys in cle elum
    current:
    2002 Amulet S6 6 speed
    1984 Toyota pickup 4x4
    Past Audis:
    1999 Silver A4 1.8tqm avant stage 2
    2001 Silver A4 1.8tqm avant K04
    2004 Arctic S4 avant 6speed
    1997 Cactus A4 1.8tqm stage 1
    2001 Pearl S4 avant 6speed stage 3
    2001 Santorin S4 6speed stage 2

Veteran Member Four Rings Solarsuplex's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I likely wont even have real plates by the time of the cruise. Stock cars are still fun to drive! Congrats on the new pick up.
    -James
    F T W L T B D W I C T W
    Instagram - jamesdrichey
    Moonlight Blue - B8.5 S4
    Brilliant Black - B7 A4

AZ Member #

Nah weíve all sorts of euros roll with us in past years. Lamborghiniís, Astonís, Mercedes, BMWís. The only ones that were trouble were the Canadian BMW guys. Everyone else was just fine.

Besides itís a public park and ride itís not like we can do anything about it.... except maybe throw you off the top floor😁
    On my way down, I'll sing the 'I believe I can fly' song.....lol

AZ Member #

a sticker is a mod.
    i got a few teamskeet stickers you can slap on your rear window

Veteran Member Three Rings Jacon's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8 A4 6MT P+

Iíll either show up at the meet or meet up with yíall at the I90/hwy 18 interchange. Iíll be in a white B8 on BBS CH-Rs
    My current rides...
    Audi
    Jetta

Established Member Two Rings warp_ix's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 Audi RS7

I'll be there

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

To those who were in Bellevue yesterday, it was nice meeting you all.

Veteran Member Three Rings freesole's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Some from the Bellevue Premeet yesterday.

'18 S5 Sportback | Insta: @frees5ole
    Build Thread

'16 Q5 3.0
    Build Thread

AZ Member #

To those who were in Bellevue yesterday, it was nice meeting you all.
    Did you have the B5 that's in the shop?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2006 Lincoln Navigator

Can't wait for next year! I showed up late. Next year ill be on time. At least my car made it in a photo! So much fun.

AZ Member #

Nice Photo's, it was a great time. I will post some pictures I took soon. Seems like everyone had a great time.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by bravozz View Post
    Did you have the B5 that's in the shop?

Wait... what do you mean did? Is it fixed and gone? LOL....

If you're talking about the silver one that's in pieces because the owner doesn't know what the hell he's doing, then yes, that's mine.....lol

AZ Member #

Nice Photo's, it was a great time. I will post some pictures I took soon. Seems like everyone had a great time.
    I had a good time, but next time I'll remain with the 'proper' group....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast