Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Three Rings tsbpenguin's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    07 Tundra

Bad throw out bearing?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Bought a second c5 a6 2.7t 6mt. If you start the car in neutral you can't shift into gear, but if you start it in first the the car will roll slightly if I let off the brake, but I can mostly engage/disengage the clutch. Then I can shift different gears if I match the engine speed to vehicle speed. I can feel a slight vibration in the clutch pedal when I put pressure on it but no audible squeaking. Bad throw out bearing? Also can't seem to get it in reverse even when the vehicle is off.

Veteran Member Three Rings m_haiser's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Highland Green Allroad

shifter alignment?

Veteran Member Four Rings 02 A6 2.7T's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Too much crap

Quote Originally Posted by tsbpenguin View Post
    Bought a second c5 a6 2.7t 6mt. If you start the car in neutral you can't shift into gear, but if you start it in first the the car will roll slightly if I let off the brake, but I can mostly engage/disengage the clutch. Then I can shift different gears if I match the engine speed to vehicle speed. I can feel a slight vibration in the clutch pedal when I put pressure on it but no audible squeaking. Bad throw out bearing? Also can't seem to get it in reverse even when the vehicle is off.
    I'd try bleeding the clutch slave cylinder ... symptoms seem more like the clutch isn't fully disengaging ...
    2002 A6 2.7T - 6MT Crystal Blue APR Stage 1
    2002 S6 - 6 MT Black/black
    **SOLD ** 2002 allroad 2.7T 6MT

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Bleed first as someone above said since that's the easiest thing to do.

If that doesn't work sadly it's likely going to need the trans pulled and inspect the clutch itself. Any number of things can cause this from failed pressure plate adjusters to a bad flywheel, disc or press plate. I've seen overheated pressure plates crack and not allow full disengagment.

Senior Member Three Rings tsbpenguin's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    07 Tundra

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll definitely start by bleeding the slave cyl. Luckily I have plenty of experience pulling 2.7t engine/trans if the bleeding doesnt work.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Audizine mobile app