Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Active Member Two Rings SexualChocolate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 05 2018
    AZ Member #
    416654
    Location
    Seattle

    Shop resource thread

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Greetings!

    New to the area and I didnít notice a shop resource thread.

    Any suggestions or recommendations where to go for services? Iím in need of an oil change soon and an alignment after I get my new suspension installed.

    Preferably around Seattle for me, at least.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Four Rings zcspec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 10 2015
    AZ Member #
    348064
    My Garage
    Need VAG-COM work, IM me
    Location
    Seattle

    If I weren't locating to SoCal, I'd have you taken care of. If you oil is due before I move, swing on by...I use an extractor and it takes me 25mins.
    Youtube: The Audi S3 Fanatic

  3. #3
    Veteran Member Three Rings zps123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 20 2012
    AZ Member #
    92204
    My Garage
    MK1 Rabbit 2.0 16v
    Location
    Seattle
    Items for Sale

    Achtuning in Redmond does service as well as alignment. If you could do an oil change yourself, you could go to Stew's self serve garage in Kirkland, its $40 an hour with a lift and 450+ pieces of tools.
    Omni brake/alignment in Kirkland is also a good place. They mount tires as well. Their pricing is pretty competitive and staff is super experienced.
    2015 Audi SQ5
    Brilliant Black|BO|Black Nappa|B&O|NAV|KW HAS
    Past: '14 Audi S4 | '11 VW Tiguan

  4. #4
    Registered Member Four Rings Peter1.8t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 03 2009
    AZ Member #
    51598
    Location
    PNW, Washington

    Quote Originally Posted by zps123 View Post
    Achtuning in Redmond does service as well as alignment. If you could do an oil change yourself, you could go to Stew's self serve garage in Kirkland, its $40 an hour with a lift and 450+ pieces of tools.
    Omni brake/alignment in Kirkland is also a good place. They mount tires as well. Their pricing is pretty competitive and staff is super experienced.
    I stopped by achtuning recently. They said they are about 2-3weeks out on a wait list to get cars in for work. Very very busy.

  5. #5
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 06 2017
    AZ Member #
    410859
    Location
    Seattle

    Haven't used them but I've also heard great things about Achtuning. I got a quote for some work and was told that they were about 3 weeks out. Not a bad thing but definitely something to keep in mind.

    Again, haven't used them but I was recommended Redmond Werkshop by a co-worker. Got a quote for $126 / hour and their schedule was much more accommodating.

    FYI, I decided to just do the work myself...
    Below-40-F daily driver and kid hauler: '15 A4 6MT P+; Above-40-F commuter: '14 Kawi Ninja 1000; Wifey - '14 allroad;

  6. #6
    Active Member Two Rings SexualChocolate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 05 2018
    AZ Member #
    416654
    Location
    Seattle

    Asking another question...

    Suggestions for a shop for an alignment? My new suspension will be installed next weekend and I need an alignment after.

  7. #7
    Active Member Two Rings Whiteboy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 21 2016
    AZ Member #
    374975
    My Garage
    '13 Mercedes GL-550
    Location
    Denver, CO

    Quote Originally Posted by SexualChocolate View Post
    Greetings!

    New to the area and I didnít notice a shop resource thread.

    Any suggestions or recommendations where to go for services? Iím in need of an oil change soon and an alignment after I get my new suspension installed.

    Preferably around Seattle for me, at least.
    Still want those springs? I havenít heard from your friend...


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  8. #8
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 29 2017
    AZ Member #
    405950
    Location
    PWN

    Quote Originally Posted by zps123 View Post
    Achtuning in Redmond does service as well as alignment. If you could do an oil change yourself, you could go to Stew's self serve garage in Kirkland, its $40 an hour with a lift and 450+ pieces of tools.
    Omni brake/alignment in Kirkland is also a good place. They mount tires as well. Their pricing is pretty competitive and staff is super experienced.
    Keep in mind that if you're only going to do an oil change at Stew's, it's $15, but you have to be done in 30 minutes.
    And honestly, it shouldn't take you more than that for an oil change.

    To me, the $15 is worth the lift and tool usage.

  9. #9
    Veteran Member Three Rings zps123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 20 2012
    AZ Member #
    92204
    My Garage
    MK1 Rabbit 2.0 16v
    Location
    Seattle
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by SoundEfx View Post
    Keep in mind that if you're only going to do an oil change at Stew's, it's $15, but you have to be done in 30 minutes.
    And honestly, it shouldn't take you more than that for an oil change.

    To me, the $15 is worth the lift and tool usage.
    took me an hour in total for oil change and some inspections, they only charged me 30 in total (2 x oil change special). Stew's is great.
    2015 Audi SQ5
    Brilliant Black|BO|Black Nappa|B&O|NAV|KW HAS
    Past: '14 Audi S4 | '11 VW Tiguan

  10. #10
    Active Member Two Rings SexualChocolate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 05 2018
    AZ Member #
    416654
    Location
    Seattle

    Follow up regarding the oil change on my end.

    Due to time constraints, I took it to Audi Bellevue. Surprisingly it was only $81! I can't complain.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Two Rings wangshuo1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09 2016
    AZ Member #
    366958
    Location
    Seattle

    I would just take it to dealer, alignment is usually 199 and oil change is abou 100, loaner car itself is worth the diff

  12. #12
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 29 2017
    AZ Member #
    405950
    Location
    PWN

    Quote Originally Posted by wangshuo1989 View Post
    I would just take it to dealer, alignment is usually 199 and oil change is abou 100, loaner car itself is worth the diff
    Having a R8 for a few hours isn't bad I guess.....lol

  13. #13
    Senior Member Two Rings wangshuo1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09 2016
    AZ Member #
    366958
    Location
    Seattle

    Quote Originally Posted by SoundEfx View Post
    Having a R8 for a few hours isn't bad I guess.....lol
    Iím completely fine with a B9 A4, better than no loaner at all, in which case I had to take the freaking bus.



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.