Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Veteran Member Four Rings jaychen's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Fastest v6 2.7 engine in the world is NOT an RS4 2.7 - 9.01/1320.
    Last edited by jaychen; 08-09-2018 at 06:46 PM.
    2000 Achat S4

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

That argument has been going on for over a decade in the b5 community. In my opinion what better real world data then repeatable 1/4 mile times. People bought 770ís, GTís, etc. wanting their cars to perform at a certain level but most never trapped better than k04/rs6 turboíd cars.

To each their own I guess but thatís my personal opinion.

Established Member Two Rings ChanceA4Parks's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I will purchase an extra block and a girdle and have them on stand by for when I crack the block. I'll push the turbos once everything on the drivetrain is upgraded and I've built myself a roll cage. For now its going to be rolling starts. I got the a/c, intercooler brackets welded, and meth/water kit completed last night and hopefully Ill have her on the ground tonight. I'll post up some more videos and pictures as soon as I can

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Four Rings FlyboyS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 S4, 2004 MSM MX-5

Quote Originally Posted by landfill View Post
    That argument has been going on for over a decade in the b5 community. In my opinion what better real world data then repeatable 1/4 mile times. People bought 770ís, GTís, etc. wanting their cars to perform at a certain level but most never trapped better than k04/rs6 turboíd cars.

To each their own I guess but thatís my personal opinion.
    I don't recall making the case that the quality of turbochargers is determined by how quickly the car passes down a drag strip. It's a good measure of power production potential, but not quality.

Since there was no answer given to the second question I posed,

Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyS4 View Post
    By proven performance are you referring to peak hp numbers? What specific models are you comparing?
    By just referring to TTE producing fast times, and not a specific product, I assume you are referring to turbochargers that are larger than 770's.

If the argument is that larger turbochargers can produce more power, and TTE sells larger turbochargers than TiAL, then I agree with you, TTE does sell larger turbo options than what are available from TiAL. I was addressing your mention of quality of the products, which now seems was not what you meant to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by landfill View Post
    I was saying in your OP your worried
    about finding quality turbos with ball bearing chraís.
    The top ball bearing choice for the 2.7t is tial 770ís. The tial turbos and even Garrett kits have nowhere near the proven dyno and track results compared to the TTE cars from across the pond. If you want the best of the best in twin configuration for the 2.7t then TTE is where you want to spend your money.

They are the best turbo option we have currently imo. Just listening to the TTE cars is mind blowing.
    Stock -> APR Stg1/2 -> GIAC Stg2 -> K04 -> 605 -> F4H -> K03 -> K04 -> F21MF -> TTE550 -> K04 -> TC Stg1 -> BW RS6 & TiAL 605 & FT F21v3 (On deck)
    MyAudiS4.com

AZ Member #

Just an update on the build, "Damn She's Fast. The car kicks my ass every chance it gets when it comes to problems and building, but I am going to win this war. For the first time, I was actually able to get into the throttle tonight. I still have a misfire in one cylinder (can't find the issue yet, o2 I'm sure), I still have a small boost leak somewhere, I'm only running one bar of boost at them moment, I haven't even started playing with the 800cc meth injection kit yet (which is completely installed), and it's already scary fast. As soon as the turbos kick in, it puts you in the back seat. I broke loose in third gear and my arse hole puckered up a little as well as my girlfriend's. I cant wait until shes completely done and the clutch is completely broke in. It is going to be insane.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Audizine mobile app

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    06 9-3 Aero 2.8T, 96 Miata

Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyS4 View Post

I disagree, approaching 500 whp and beyond trades off too much. In the ballpark of 400 whp is a better street car on U.S. roads.
    I understand your point entirely. My car was a TON of fun around the 400-450whp mark with f21s on tight back roads. Now, I can't really use the power on the same roads. In the 600+ whp range those same backroads just get downright scary unless I leave a lot of power on the table, which just isn't as much fun when you can't put the pedal to the floor.

But then again, it's still more fun overall.
    Stock engine with some rods tossed in. 11.25@132mph.

Veteran Member Four Rings CELison's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by DieselElectric View Post
    I understand your point entirely. My car was a TON of fun around the 400-450whp mark with f21s on tight back roads. Now, I can't really use the power on the same roads. In the 600+ whp range those same backroads just get downright scary unless I leave a lot of power on the table, which just isn't as much fun when you can't put the pedal to the floor.

But then again, it's still more fun overall.
    x2. They get a full head of steam really fast. It's fun on long open roads, but ripping around town isn't really a thing anymore. For a daily, 400-500whp is perfect.
    B5 S4- K24s, built bottom end, E85
    B8 S4- GIAC Stage 2
    150cc Chinese Scooter of Doom

AZ Member #

Here's a quick pull from last nights data logging.

https://youtu.be/wVQRktquGIk

Veteran Member Three Rings VR6Bomber's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceA4Parks View Post
    Here's a quick pull from last nights data logging.

https://youtu.be/wVQRktquGIk

NICE

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234