Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: ABT Tuning

  1. #1
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 13 2017
    AZ Member #
    406852
    Location
    Morgantown WV

    ABT Tuning

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Just came across an article on motor1.com about an SQ5 that was making 425hp and tuned by ABT. Anyone heard of them?

    http://abt-configurator.com/en/Audi/...8W00/30TFSI354




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 28 2010
    AZ Member #
    64971
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5
    Location
    Boone, NC

    Quote Originally Posted by AWDYEAH View Post
    Just came across an article on motor1.com about an SQ5 that was making 425hp and tuned by ABT. Anyone heard of them?

    http://abt-configurator.com/en/Audi/...8W00/30TFSI354

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ABT is huge is Germany, and we're starting to see their products more and more in the states. Nemesis has been supporting ABT for a good while now. I have their HAS suspension on my S4.

    As for the tune, @tommy@nemesis will have the latest info. He's been doing some testing for them on the B9's and other current Audi models.
    034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more


  3. #3
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 13 2017
    AZ Member #
    406852
    Location
    Morgantown WV

    Awesome. Do you know if their unit is a piggyback as well?

    Thanks for the info!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 28 2010
    AZ Member #
    64971
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5
    Location
    Boone, NC

    Quote Originally Posted by AWDYEAH View Post
    Awesome. Do you know if their unit is a piggyback as well?

    Thanks for the info!

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is. Tommy has it on his B9 S5 right now, and an RS3 as well.

    For sure! I'm certain he'll chime in later with more detail. 👍🏼
    034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more


  5. #5
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 17 2017
    AZ Member #
    409982
    Location
    north haven Connecticut USA

    How are the HAS suspension? I was told to go with that suspension with the sport package. I'm waiting to buy a S4 till a good tune comes out. Was watching a video of a RS3 with 600hp and was curious about maybe just going with a RS3 but I'm not a fan of the interior room. I want the every day driver but has the nut when you want it kind of set up.. Maybe do some cruise nights or some cars and coffee type meetings here in Connecticut..

    Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 28 2010
    AZ Member #
    64971
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5
    Location
    Boone, NC

    Quote Originally Posted by nicknice91303 View Post
    How are the HAS suspension? I was told to go with that suspension with the sport package. I'm waiting to buy a S4 till a good tune comes out. Was watching a video of a RS3 with 600hp and was curious about maybe just going with a RS3 but I'm not a fan of the interior room. I want the every day driver but has the nut when you want it kind of set up.. Maybe do some cruise nights or some cars and coffee type meetings here in Connecticut..

    Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    The ABT HAS is awesome. They spent the time to get them right, and have a variant just for the S Sport damps. I've sold 8-10 kits, and everyone seems to be very pleased.

    And I came from a 2017 S3. Great car, but much prefer the B9 interior look and feel.
    034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more


  7. #7
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Jun 07 2016
    AZ Member #
    374365
    Location
    Europe

    Abt is overrated, the gains from their tunes it not that big as from Apr and Epl that are 3x times less expensive.



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.