Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TTRS Mods

Veteran Member Three Rings dgszweda's Avatar
    AZ Member #

TTRS Mods

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Put a few mods on the car this past weekend. Put H&R Springs to lower the car about 1". Replaced the front reflectors with TAG Daytona Grey fillers, and put the Unitronic Stage 1+ tune on it. The reflector and Springs were put on for looks, and I am happy so far with how it looks so far. The Unitronic tune really transforms this car. This car is very quick now. This is getting very close to a Porsche 911 Turbo in terms of acceleration. Very happy with the tune.

I have put in an order for the Eventuri Intake and it should be in the next few weeks.

https://vgy.me/UG0M86.jpg

2018 Daytona Gray TTRS - Tech - Red Stitching - Black Optics - Sport Exhaust
    2014 Daytona Gray RS5 - MMI - Black Nappa - 20" rims - B&O - [SOLD]
    2008 Sprint Blue RS4 - [SOLD]
    2012 Monsoon Gray S4 - DSG - Sports Differential - B&O - Advance Key - MMI Navigation - Black Nappa
    My 2012 S4 Build Thread - [SOLD]

Senior Member Three Rings Sniper260687's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Fuck, love that damn engine, that CF intake looks orgasmic

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

You know carbon fiber mirrors are only $600.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Looks great! Need to get our cars together sometime. #nolongertwinsinjax

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Senior Member Three Rings Thumper3's Avatar
    AZ Member #

How's the ride on the H&Rs? The drop is so much better than stock, can't believe there's so much gap from the factory on this car. LOL
    2018 TTRS - Mexico Blue | APR Stg 1 e85 | Tech Pack | Black Optics | Sport Exhaust | Red Calipers | Red Stitching
    2018 BMW M240i XDrive - Sunset Orange Metallic (Wifes car lol)
    2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line - White
    1983 Porsche 944 Coupe | Bone stock baby
    Previous cars - 2015 S3 Sport Pack, 2015 S4 Sepang, 2015 BMW 328d M-Sport Touring, 2012 GTI 6MT APR Stg 2+, 2009 Jetta TDI 6MT

Established Member Two Rings shifu22's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8-S4, MK3-TTRS

love the intake, but too pricey for me!
    B8-S4
    MK3-TTRS

Veteran Member Four Rings VeryBadman's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 BMW X1

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper3 View Post
    How's the ride on the H&Rs? The drop is so much better than stock, can't believe there's so much gap from the factory on this car. LOL
    I have been on H&R springs for a couple months and even went on long trip. The ride is very comfortable in Comfort suspension setting and not overly rough on Dynamic. It's very cheap mod considering the alternative is MSS springs that are over $1K.
    2018 Audi TTRS, Daytona Grey: Iroz/CC Stage 2 ECU & TCU, IE Intake, HFC Downpipe by Brink, Milltek HFC Midpipes, Iroz Intercooler and DSG Catch Can, Technology, Black Optic, Sport Exhaust, Blackout Badges, Pedalbox, H&R Springs and Spacers, Direct TPMS
    Other: 2017 BMW X1
    Throwbacks: 2014 Audi RS7, 2013 Audi S6, 2011 Audi S4, 2008 Audi A4

AZ Member #

The intake has taken a while, but should be in by the end of next week. I also have the CF mirrors, and that should come in the first week of June. I also am waiting for the spacers to come in on June 1st.
    2012 Monsoon Gray S4 - DSG - Sports Differential - B&O - Advance Key - MMI Navigation - Black Nappa

Senior Member Three Rings Thumper3's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by VeryBadman View Post
    I have been on H&R springs for a couple months and even went on long trip. The ride is very comfortable in Comfort suspension setting and not overly rough on Dynamic. It's very cheap mod considering the alternative is MSS springs that are over $1K.
    I ran H&Rs on my GTI, the ride became quite harsh on rough roads, LOL, but that was with non-adjustable factory dampers. I bet the adjustable suspension helps there. I really want some coil overs, yeah pricey but.......

OP, that intake comes direct from UK right? It is expensive but at least they are not selling a filter on a stick, they actually redesigned the inlet to grab more air, should really feed that tune.
    2018 TTRS - Mexico Blue | APR Stg 1 e85 | Tech Pack | Black Optics | Sport Exhaust | Red Calipers | Red Stitching
    2018 BMW M240i XDrive - Sunset Orange Metallic (Wifes car lol)
    2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line - White
    1983 Porsche 944 Coupe | Bone stock baby
    Previous cars - 2015 S3 Sport Pack, 2015 S4 Sepang, 2015 BMW 328d M-Sport Touring, 2012 GTI 6MT APR Stg 2+, 2009 Jetta TDI 6MT

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Nice mods! I'm getting some H&R springs done this week. Any issues with rubbing or clearance?

Next on the list for me is some CTS turbo mid pipes.

I love the look of that Eventuri intake but it's a bit pricey, I'm waiting to see what the offerings from APR and 034 are.

I'm a very occasional track enthusiast and I'm also looking at perhaps the upgraded front rotors and track pads from Girodisk.

Keen to follow this thread for updates!

Established Member Two Rings Screaming Eagle's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Has anyone yet tried 18" wheels for tracking, will the clear the calibers? I need to get a set for tracking instead of the 20".
    18" have a lot better race tire slection than the 19". Please let me know if anybody has tried them yet.
    Thanks
    2018 TTRS Glacier White, Tech Package, B&O, Black Optic, RS Design Interior, Red Brake Calipiers, Carbon Fiber Inlays, RS Sport Exhaust.
    2016 S7 Ibis White Traded

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I will be able to let you know later this week. Got a cheap set of VWR 18x8 ET45 with some Nitto NT01 245/40/18s on eBay. From a Golf R that had a TTRS brake kit. Clearance supposedly ok. I'm doing the springs and wheels hopefully Thursday and will report back with results.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Screaming Eagle View Post
    Has anyone yet tried 18" wheels for tracking, will the clear the calibers? I need to get a set for tracking instead of the 20".
    18" have a lot better race tire slection than the 19". Please let me know if anybody has tried them yet.
    Thanks
    Search on member Lusky and his build. I believe he is running 18s.
    2018 Audi TT RS Ara Blue
    PAST: 2017 BMW X6M
    PAST: 2015 Daytona Gray Pearl SQ5, Tech, Lux, 21s
    PAST: 2017 Porsche 911 Miami Blue Carrera 4S
    PAST: 2015 Lexus RCF
    PAST: 2013 Phantom Black Pearl RS5, MMI, Titanium, DA
    PAST: 2011 Lexus IS-F
    PAST: 2010 Infiniti G37x
    PAST: 2009 Subaru Spec B

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Hmm, so none of this is as straightforward as it sounds!

I ordered a set of H&R springs, but my local tyre shop is having problems with installing them as they can't find any of the torque specifications needed to torque everything back up. Also, most of the bolts in the suspension are stretch-bolts and are apparently a one-time deal, meaning I need to get $200 of new bolts to replace everything that's taken out.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Also, despite the track wheels coming off a Golf R with a TTRS brake kit, I was unable to get the wheels I bought to clear my calipers. Back to the drawing board.

AZ Member #

Got the Eventuri intake in. It was shipped to my house in Florida, and I am not there until the end of the month so it will have to wait. Hopefully I can get the install done fairly quickly and post some pics. I also ordered the carbon fiber outside mirrors as well. But they are not in yet, as they have had to come from Germany.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Ď16 VW GTI heavily modified

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_R View Post

Next on the list for me is some CTS turbo mid pipes.

I have a set sitting on the shelf collecting dust if youíre interested, Iíll let them go for a lot less than CTS. They were on the car for about a month or so, nothing wrong with them I just swapped them out for the IMS DP/MP setup. They made a great change in the sound without going to straight pipes like I am essentially running now.

2018 Audi Mk3 TT RS 100% Stock'ish
    2016 VW MK7 GTI Well Beyond Stock'ish
    IG cale262

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Cale262 MP sent

AZ Member #

How much effort was involved in replacing stock reflectors with the TAG ones?

Established Member Two Rings Cyttorak's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mookow View Post
    DM Rapture I know he just did his. I had the dealer do mine. I know they took the wheels offIMG_7409.jpeg

AZ Member #

So I just installed the Eventuri intake. As you all know, it is quite expensive, and in the end is not necessarily worth it. I liked the look of it, so I got it. A quick review:

The kit was well packaged. Everything was very well wrapped and protected with plenty of bubble wrap and a box within a box shipping. The kit itself was well made. I could not find any manufacturing defects. It is a piece of beauty. The install instructions and installation went very smoothly. It took approximately 45 minutes from start to finish. I ran into no issues. It looks great in the engine bay. You can definitely hear the turbocharger. In terms of performance? I don't know. I don't distrust their own claims. But I now have the Unitronic Stage 1+ tune, so an additional 5-10 hp max would not be noticeable. The inside of the intake was roughed carbon fiber exposed. Probably no way to address that, but could create some resistance to airflow. My guess is that most if not all of the gain is from the filter and not the design. Overall pricey, but it was a first rate kit.

AZ Member #

I just finished putting on spacers for both my front and rear stock 20" wheels. I used ESC Tuning spacers and put 10mm on the front, and 15mm on the rear. With the springs and the spacers, the car looks great. I have not noticed any rubbing issues whatsoever.

AZ Member #

Not much effort at all. The first one took probably 30-40 minutes, because it was a brand new process and I wanted to be very careful. The second one took less than 5 minutes. I jacked up the car and took the front wheel off to gain better exposure. I then took the screws out holding the front felt wheel well covering, so that I could pull it back. I then took a hot air gun (blow dryer) and heated up the reflector from within the wheel well. I then used a plastic pry tool and pried the reflector enough away to get a grip with my fingers. Once that was done, I just pulled with my fingers until it peeled off. I cleaned any remaining adhesive strip with my fingers and used bug and tar remover to clean the area and remove any residue. The new ones stuck right on, after I peeled off the adhesive covering. Anyone can do this.

AZ Member #

Next up are the carbon fiber mirror caps. I ordered the OEM Audi ones and they took a bit of time to arrive. I just got them wrapped with XPEL Ultimate wrap and going to let them set for a few days. I am planning to get them on, by Saturday and will post pictures. For now, here is how they should look:

My next tackle will be to retrofit the OLED tail lamps. I might be very adventurous and try the Matrix LED headlights, but not sure. I have a friend who did it in their R8, and it worked out great, but it was a lot of work.

Account Terminated Two Rings
    AZ Member #

That rough exposed carbon fiber can disintegrate when it gets hot enough and blow the turbo due to FOD. At least one Eventuri CF intake blew the turbos on an RS7 for that very reason. I can find the link if you'd like. I know, probably not something you want to hear after dropping $1500+ on a beautiful intake.

Quote Originally Posted by dgszweda View Post
    The inside of the intake was roughed carbon fiber exposed. Probably no way to address that, but could create some resistance to airflow.

Senior Member Two Rings Rapture's Avatar
    AZ Member #

My next tackle will be to retrofit the OLED tail lamps. I might be very adventurous and try the Matrix LED headlights, but not sure. I have a friend who did it in their R8, and it worked out great, but it was a lot of work.
    Very interested in how this works out. Iíve looked into it a bit, the wiring for the Oledís is different and it seems North American cars that have the option do not have the animation that ROW cars do.

I hope you are successful.
    Rapture

2018 Audi TT RS (Gray/Black, Palomino)
    2014 Porsche C4S GT Silver (Sold)
    2011 BMW 1M Coupe AW (Sold)
    2007 Audi RS4 Lava Grey Pearl (Sold)
    2004 VW R32 Silver (Sold)

Established Member Two Rings shifu22's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8-S4, MK3-TTRS

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Very interested in how this works out. Iíve looked into it a bit, the wiring for the Oledís is different and it seems North American cars that have the option do not have the animation that ROW cars do.

I hope you are successful.
    Not only is the wiring different but you need to do some changes with the ecu as well to make them work. Itís a big process. I looked into it and spoke with the dealer. Waaaay too much work and money. Would of cost over 5k to do.
    B8-S4
    MK3-TTRS

AZ Member #

Just replaced my stock mirror caps with the genuine Audi Carbon Fiber caps. I followed these instructions:

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...ghlight=mirror

It took about 30 minutes in total. About 15-20 minutes for the first side and once I knew what I was doing, about 5-10 minutes on the other side. I think they turned out well and compliment the Daytona Grey exterior color well.

AZ Member #

Just replaced my stock mirror caps with the genuine Audi Carbon Fiber caps. I followed these instructions:

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...ghlight=mirror

It took about 30 minutes in total. About 15-20 minutes for the first side and once I knew what I was doing, about 5-10 minutes on the other side. I think they turned out well and compliment the Daytona Grey exterior color well.
    They look very nice, could you take a picture from further back to see the entire car with these on?

Thanks,
    Rapture

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    They look very nice, could you take a picture from further back to see the entire car with these on?

Thanks,
    Here you go. Unfortunately, not a lot of sun. That will make a difference:

AZ Member #

Can you speak to how much effort it was to swap the front reflectors out? I'd like to not take the wheels off and the TAG site says it is a 30 min install, but they don't include instructions on site.

AZ Member #

Can you speak to how much effort it was to swap the front reflectors out? I'd like to not take the wheels off and the TAG site says it is a 30 min install, but they don't include instructions on site.
    I reference it above, in an earlier post on this thread. You might be able to do it without taking the wheels off, but it would be a real pain.

Established Member Three Rings Chuckster's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 TTS & '16 Q3

Thereís enough clearance if you just turn the wheel, but a plastic pry tool, blowdryer, and patience is needed.
    2017 Audi TTS | 034 | APR+ | HRE | Magnaflow | MSS |
    2016 Audi Q3

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    350Z Twin Turbo

Nice mods on ur TT RS.

Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Carlos@TAG's Avatar
    AZ Member #

As many have said, the reflectors are a simple install. You can change them by removing the screws that hold the wheel well liner in place, pull it back, and pry old reflector. Then remove the adhesive from the previous set and install the new set.

You can do it without removing the wheels but it's a little bit more labor intensive.

Don't forget to visit our website here and pick up your own set as they are currently on sale!
    TAG MOTORSPORTS
    866-748-4388 x1192
    web: www.TAGMotorsports.com - email: Carlos@TAGMotorsports.com
    Authorized Dealer For: HRE, AWE Tuning, GIAC, ABT, KW, MORR, Vossen, Milltek, Tubi, BBS, Brembo, Stoptech, ADV.1, Remus, Eisenmann, H&R, SPC, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

AWE Tuning's #1 Volume Dealer Nationwide

Veteran Member Four Rings VeryBadman's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 BMW X1

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos@TAG View Post
    As many have said, the reflectors are a simple install. You can change them by removing the screws that hold the wheel well liner in place, pull it back, and pry old reflector. Then remove the adhesive from the previous set and install the new set.

You can do it without removing the wheels but it's a little bit more labor intensive.

Don't forget to visit our website here and pick up your own set as they are currently on sale!
    Hey Carlos, thanks for the set of reflectors that you did for me. Coincidentally they were in Daytona Grey as well. However, I can't really say removal process was easy. I could manage it but not without a lot of swear words lol

2018 Audi TTRS, Daytona Grey: Iroz/CC Stage 2 ECU & TCU, IE Intake, HFC Downpipe by Brink, Milltek HFC Midpipes, Iroz Intercooler and DSG Catch Can, Technology, Black Optic, Sport Exhaust, Blackout Badges, Pedalbox, H&R Springs and Spacers, Direct TPMS
    Other: 2017 BMW X1
    Throwbacks: 2014 Audi RS7, 2013 Audi S6, 2011 Audi S4, 2008 Audi A4

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by VeryBadman View Post
    Hey Carlos, thanks for the set of reflectors that you did for me. Coincidentally they were in Daytona Grey as well. However, I can't really say removal process was easy. I could manage it but not without a lot of swear words lol

Thank you for giving us the opportunity! Of course doing it on a lift without wheels on will always be easier but looks like you managed really well. The car looks awesome by the way! The grey and black with no reflectors looks perfect, but then again I may just a little biased
    TAG MOTORSPORTS
    866-748-4388 x1192
    Authorized Dealer For: HRE, AWE Tuning, GIAC, ABT, KW, MORR, Vossen, Milltek, Tubi, BBS, Brembo, Stoptech, ADV.1, Remus, Eisenmann, H&R, SPC, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

AZ Member #

IMG_0726.JPG Got a couple new mods for the beast today. Mirrors took almost a month to get. Canít wait to get them put on.

AZ Member #

We have a set of OEM TTRS Carbon Mirrors in stock here and ready to if anyone else is interested in those!
    TAG MOTORSPORTS
    866-748-4388 x1192

AZ Member #

We have a set of OEM TTRS Carbon Mirrors in stock here and ready to if anyone else is interested in those!
    If Dgszweda hadnít posted his pics. Not sure if I would have pulled the trigger. Take Carlos up and order these bad boys they are super sick in person.

AZ Member #

Interested, but canít access your website. Tried from a few different devices.
    Rapture

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast