Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: S4 Mod Thread

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    BOOM!

034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Cars looks great, the wheels work really well with the ride height!

Did you do sway bars front and back? If you didnít do sways would you still have done links?

Also are you able to control the valves on the Milltek? Love the finish on the tips!

Quote Originally Posted by King James View Post
    Did you do sway bars front and back? If you didnít do sways would you still have done links?
    Yes, sways and endlinks front and back. On the S3 I did rear sways only, but endlinks front and rear. The s3 didn't need any turn-in help, just help with rotating.

Quote Originally Posted by King James View Post
    Also are you able to control the valves on the Milltek?
    They operate just like oem (open with engine in dynamic, closed in auto/comfort), there is an add-on module you can get which allows you to open/close them at will with a double tap of the esp button, and control other things like having valves closed on cold start. I'm trying it out as-is first and might consider the valve control add-on.

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Thanks so much for posting this. Ive been on the fence about which adjustable spring set to get and you are helping me decide this. What i don't want is to degrade the stock dampers a a rapid pace by the car being too low nor take away any agility from it's handling. I guess the first question would be....did you raise the car up any or is it still at this ride height (the car looks amazing at this height for me)? Second....would you say the handling of the car has improved,declined, or stayed the same? Again, thanks for posting. Ive had my car for 2 weeks and am itching to get this thing lower. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by cooktenstein View Post
    Thanks so much for posting this.
    no problem, I love talking about cars, but most of my friends and coworkers don't! haha.

did you raise the car up any or is it still at this ride height
    I'm still loving the look, not rubbing or scraping, so I have no plans to raise it at this point. I have the rear all the way down and the front is about 3/4th the way down. Front:

would you say the handling of the car has improved, declined, or stayed the same?
    Ride quality is significantly decreased with these springs, at least at this ride height with a slight forward rake. The car now follows the road exactly, not masking imperfections, while being a little bouncy and stiff (by varying degrees depending on speed and damper settings). This setup does better at higher speeds (50mph+). These might be the more performance oriented option as the handling is much improved. It did great on a twisty highway road (CA-17 to santa cruz), stayed composed and kept the car flat while pushing it 7/10ths.

rear plate on, no more sticker on the front window.

Veteran Member Four Rings CreoSTi's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 Acura RDX

Quote Originally Posted by will13k7 View Post
    rear plate on, no more sticker on the front window.
    I'm leaving my dealership plate + window sticker on for as long as possible, so I can still use the front plate delete without getting a parking ticket.
    -Mike- : 2001 S4 → 2011 S4 → 2014 S6 → 2018 S4
    LendUS, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by CreoSTi View Post
    I'm leaving my dealership plate + window sticker on for as long as possible, so I can still use the front plate delete without getting a parking ticket.
    nice! the only time I get front plate tickets is when I get pulled over for something else. suburbia ftw.

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I see the recaro baby seat in the back. Hows the kid like the new ride? We are expecting our first in January so ill need that part number for the recaro also. LOL.

I see the recaro baby seat in the back. Hows the kid like the new ride? We are expecting our first in January so ill need that part number for the recaro also. LOL.
    He loves the new car, was excited to ride in it, and he says it's his favorite now. haha.

When yours is ready for forward facing, its the RECARO Performance SPORT Combination Harness to Booster Car Seat, I don't think they make this exact one anymore so the leftover ones are insanely priced, its much better designed and higher quality than the Evenflo one I have in the b8 though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123