Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Active Member Two Rings nicholasdaa's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 Tahoe Z71, 2014 E30 Stage 3 Big Turbo Ford Focus ST

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by John@Unitronic View Post
    You should really consider choosing our software, it sounds, based on your requirements. I can't provide specifics at the moment on E-content, etc., I'm really sorry! When we've offered different maps for pump gas -vs- race gas in the past, there hasn't been any extra charges for Clients who already own the software stage. I can't tell you if it'll be the same or not with this platform at the moment, but if there is a charge, I can't foresee it being a significant amount ($100 or less). Hope that helps!
    Thanks for all the answers once again John, hopefully you didn't take my post as poking at anything, I am purely interested in Unitronic as a tuner as soon as I hit post 10k dealer service. After seeing APR and EuroCode fight like children in public and most of the other tuners come so late to the RS3 party, I've lost my taste for other tuners. But you guys being one of the earlier ones to release a working tune and having only happy customers from what I've seen and quite decent gains, you're my #1 right now.

I'd be happy to start with the Stage 1 91 oct and if possible work with a tuner to refine based on logs for some ethanol blends to achieve stage 1+/2.

Thanks once again!
    Current -
    • 2018 Nardo RS3 - Fully Loaded - E85 APR Stage 1, Milltek Catback, Secondary Decat
    • 2018 Black Tahoe Z71
    • 2014 Tuxedo Black Ford Focus ST - E30 Stage 3 Big Turbo

Past -
    • 2014 Firesand Orange F-Type V8S Convertible

Active Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by saxon View Post
    not sure what that proves?
    Proves you wanted me to gift you money on shit you were not going to deliver on, until I called you out on it. Why else I blew you off on the sale and got better.
    1997 VW GTI VR6 / 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST / 2000 Limited Tahoe / 2002 VW Golf GLS TDI / 2004 VW HPA FT360 R32 / 2004 VW R32 / 2012 VW Golf R 4dr Base / 2015 VW Golf R DSG loaded / 2017 VW Golf R DSG Loaded / 2018 Audi RS3 /

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings John@Unitronic's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MK3 TTRS

Quote Originally Posted by nicholasdaa View Post
    Thanks for all the answers once again John, hopefully you didn't take my post as poking at anything, I am purely interested in Unitronic as a tuner as soon as I hit post 10k dealer service. After seeing APR and EuroCode fight like children in public and most of the other tuners come so late to the RS3 party, I've lost my taste for other tuners. But you guys being one of the earlier ones to release a working tune and having only happy customers from what I've seen and quite decent gains, you're my #1 right now.

I'd be happy to start with the Stage 1 91 oct and if possible work with a tuner to refine based on logs for some ethanol blends to achieve stage 1+/2.

Thanks once again!
    Absolutely not! All good here. Thanks for your kind words! I'm working my way through ethanol tuning with our in-house cars at the moment and then will make it available for some beta testers when ready for that step. Shoot me an email and we can chat further.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    UNITRONIC — Performance Software & Hardware for your VW® /Audi® / Porsche®
    Web: GetUNITRONIC.com | Tel: (866) 341-2447
    Follow us on: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Show this text?

Edit

Heres what I have

Screenshot_20180613-181750_Messages by saxonbrian2, on Flickr
    I saw u mention potentially getting a new intercooler, now from your testing and use of the stm one, even thought it's a little blocked by the crash bar, has there been any evidence showing the stm intercooler is being maxed out or that you NEED another one not blocked by the crash bar? Just curious?
    Current: 2018 Audi Exclusive Nogaro Blue RS3 w/Black optics, Tech, Dynamic, Drivers Assistance, RS Design Packages, Carbon Inlays, Carbon Mirror

Past: 2014 Black S4 DSG - EPL DP 183mm with TCU tune - ECS Kohlefaser Luft-Technik Intake - Corsa Cat back Exhaust - Killer Chiller w/ Y'd in OEM heat exchanger(for winter) - OEM Coolant Pump w/Signal Wire Mod

Veteran Member Four Rings saxon's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by hckymstr19 View Post
    I saw u mention potentially getting a new intercooler, now from your testing and use of the stm one, even thought it's a little blocked by the crash bar, has there been any evidence showing the stm intercooler is being maxed out or that you NEED another one not blocked by the crash bar? Just curious?
    No issues, keep IAT in check even at Beta stage 2 levels :) (full disclosure so idiots dont twist my words, I installed downpipe and flashed stage 2 after my dyno session last Friday)
    Current Ride- 2018 Audi RS3 Glacier White
    Unitronic stage??

Past cars 2010 s4-2012 Nissan GT-R -2014 S6-2016 s3-2015 M3--2011 b8 s4

Established Member Three Rings S3DUDE's Avatar
    AZ Member #

^^ how much power did you picked up with the Stage 2
    2018 RS3 Glacier White European delivery. Driven at 140mph /4000 rpm the within the first 25 miles after picking it up from the factory.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by S3DUDE View Post
    ^^ how much power did you picked up with the Stage 2
    Still beta, no dyno times or info to post at this time
    Unitronic stage??

Senior Member Two Rings javbomb's Avatar
    AZ Member #

No issues, keep IAT in check even at Beta stage 2 levels :) (full disclosure so idiots dont twist my words, I installed downpipe and flashed stage 2 after my dyno session last Friday)
    Which DP?
    ------------------------------------
    RS3 Sedan '17 | Daytona Grey | RS Performance Package 2 | RS Design Package | Black High Gloss | Carbon Engine Cover | Matrix LED | Sunroof | Full Tint

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by javbomb View Post
    Which DP?
    CTS currently, not sure I'd recommend it as fitment for factory brackets don't work
    Unitronic stage??

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1999 Camaro SS

CTS currently, not sure I'd recommend it as fitment for factory brackets don't work
    Damn, good to know! That was the one i was currently leaning towards, looks like i'll have to hold off some more.
    2018 Nardo RS3 - Stock-ish

AZ Member #

So good to know, almost pulled the plug on one a little while back!
    RS3 Sedan '17 | Daytona Grey | RS Performance Package 2 | RS Design Package | Black High Gloss | Carbon Engine Cover | Matrix LED | Sunroof | Full Tint

Established Member Two Rings seanix9's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by javbomb View Post
    Im pretty much set on Uni when time comes to tune... tune from home is absolute must for me.

E85 would be great, and Stage 2 please...

When all those stars align I will probably be making the upgrade right to stage 2 with associated hardware.

Please add some crackle pops in the stage 1 and 2 maps!!! Nothing too crazy, just more than what's there... its too much of a tease as is. Especially on warmer days, sometimes my car wont do anything on warm days.
    I'm with you on the crackle mode however I've been advised that on a stage 1 tune, it will kill the cat quicker .. lol
    That's one of the reasons for the bigger tuning companies not having this option.

Stage 2 is a different story though

====================
    Current: 2018 RS3 Sedan
    Past: 2016 RS3 SB
    Current: 2018 Ara Blue RS3 Sedan
    Past: 2016 Glacier White RS3 SB

AZ Member #

(full disclosure so idiots dont twist my words, I installed downpipe and flashed stage 2 after my dyno session last Friday)
    So you, stripped off all equiment, dyno'd stock for base comparison.
    Then added back your 1+ and equipment, dyno'd after
    Then added stage 2 and stuff (most likely dyno'd, but cannot share, but IAT's need to be in check) all in one day?

Impressive!!!
    1997 VW GTI VR6 / 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST / 2000 Limited Tahoe / 2002 VW Golf GLS TDI / 2004 VW HPA FT360 R32 / 2004 VW R32 / 2012 VW Golf R 4dr Base / 2015 VW Golf R DSG loaded / 2017 VW Golf R DSG Loaded / 2018 Audi RS3 /

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MK3 TTRS

Quote Originally Posted by comingabriel View Post
    So you, stripped off all equiment, dyno'd stock for base comparison.
    Then added back your 1+ and equipment, dyno'd after
    Then added stage 2 and stuff (most likely dyno'd, but cannot share, but IAT's need to be in check) all in one day?

Impressive!!!
    You must have joined this thread late. Saxon posted his stock dyno runs on April 26, 2018. On June 8, 2018, he updated the thread adding his results from Stage 1+. Have a look through the thread; you'll see for yourself. User 'thebc' even quoted Saxon's original post, before he updated it on June 8th to add results from his Stage 1+ dyno. Hope that helps..

AZ Member #

You must have joined this thread late. Saxon posted his stock dyno runs on April 26, 2018. On June 8, 2018, he updated the thread adding his results from Stage 1+. Have a look through the thread; you'll see for yourself. User 'thebc' even quoted Saxon's original post, before he updated it on June 8th to add results from his Stage 1+ dyno. Hope that helps..
    Helps a lot, but that info should have been posted, esp when the June 8th dyno was done as a side note, because different days, temps, DA, dyno? etc... All info matters.
    But, he was complaining about the STM IC, guess stage 2 is a but much for that massive cooler rated for 900-1000hp, iirc intercooler, and wanted a true front mount, that fits under the crash bar, or he can buy the Wagner, lol, that morph's with the crash bar. Just would suck in an accident, or someone bumping into your front bumper, like the constantly do in NYC.

We all would like that to, but DAP is in my way. :(

Thanks for sponsering at the European Experience John!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MK3 TTRS

Quote Originally Posted by comingabriel View Post
    Helps a lot, but that info should have been posted, esp when the June 8th dyno was done as a side note, because different days, temps, DA, dyno? etc... All info matters.
    But, he was complaining about the STM IC, guess stage 2 is a but much for that massive cooler rated for 900-1000hp, iirc intercooler, and wanted a true front mount, that fits under the crash bar, or he can buy the Wagner, lol, that morph's with the crash bar. Just would suck in an accident, or someone bumping into your front bumper, like the constantly do in NYC.

We all would like that to, but DAP is in my way. :(

Thanks for sponsering at the European Experience John!
    You can check back to the original post; it's all there. The Stage 1+ dyno was not done as a side note — it was the full intentions from the get-go with Saxon's "build" thread. I'm sure that he plans to add results from Stage 2, once it's a final production release file, and documenting things further as his build progresses.

From experience, it's not advantageous to block ~ 1/3 of the core from the ambient air path, when the goal is to maximizing cooling capabilities. Results will certainly be better than OEM, but will they be as optimal as possible? Wait until our cooler is released and you'll find out. As you touched on, it's unacceptable for us, as a company, to ruin the structural integrity of the frontal impact structure, as a result of cutting, trimming, or replacing the front crash bar with a modified unit. Do you think an insurance company will want to cover an accident after they find out that you've modified the frontal impact structure, which could potentially make a front end impact significantly worse, or worst of all, cause a fatality? Are these manufacturers who are modifying or replacing the front crash bar crash testing vehicles to ensure that the structural integrity in a frontal impact is maintained per Audi's crash test certifications? This is not a liability that we, as a company, are willing to accept, as it involves our Client's and their passenger's personal safety. FWIW, there was recently a TTRS that was involved in a front end impact with an intercooler that modified the crash bar, and I can only imagine if the damages would have totaled nearly $30,000, if the crash bar was original.

AZ Member #

You can check back to the original post; it's all there. The Stage 1+ dyno was not done as a side note — it was the full intentions from the get-go with Saxon's "build" thread. I'm sure that he plans to add results from Stage 2, once it's a final production release file, and documenting things further as his build progresses.

From experience, it's not advantageous to block ~ 1/3 of the core from the ambient air path, when the goal is to maximizing cooling capabilities. Results will certainly be better than OEM, but will they be as optimal as possible? Wait until our cooler is released and you'll find out. As you touched on, it's unacceptable for us, as a company, to ruin the structural integrity of the frontal impact structure, as a result of cutting, trimming, or replacing the front crash bar with a modified unit. Do you think an insurance company will want to cover an accident after they find out that you've modified the frontal impact structure, which could potentially make a front end impact significantly worse, or worst of all, cause a fatality? Are these manufacturers who are modifying or replacing the front crash bar crash testing vehicles to ensure that the structural integrity in a frontal impact is maintained per Audi's crash test certifications? This is not a liability that we, as a company, are willing to accept, as it involves our Client's and their passenger's personal safety. FWIW, there was recently a TTRS that was involved in a front end impact with an intercooler that modified the crash bar, and I can only imagine if the damages would have totaled nearly $30,000, if the crash bar was original.
    Hey John thanks for the insight. Now we know it's not ideal to have the intercooler blocked by the crash bar but from your experience and testing, in either stages, have these current intercoolers on the market showing any signs of being insufficient or becoming maxed out in their ability to cool the IATs?
    Current: 2018 Audi Exclusive Nogaro Blue RS3 w/Black optics, Tech, Dynamic, Drivers Assistance, RS Design Packages, Carbon Inlays, Carbon Mirror

Past: 2014 Black S4 DSG - EPL DP 183mm with TCU tune - ECS Kohlefaser Luft-Technik Intake - Corsa Cat back Exhaust - Killer Chiller w/ Y'd in OEM heat exchanger(for winter) - OEM Coolant Pump w/Signal Wire Mod

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MK3 TTRS

Quote Originally Posted by hckymstr19 View Post
    Hey John thanks for the insight. Now we know it's not ideal to have the intercooler blocked by the crash bar but from your experience and testing, in either stages, have these current intercoolers on the market showing any signs of being insufficient or becoming maxed out in their ability to cool the IATs?
    I am, by no means, looking to speak negative about any competing product(s). Based on the logs I've seen from Saxon on our Stg1+ SW, they show an improvement compared to the stock intercooler, but I think the results could be better with a different design. Hope that helps!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1999 Camaro SS

I am, by no means, looking to speak negative about any competing product(s). Based on the logs I've seen from Saxon on our Stg1+ SW, they show an improvement compared to the stock intercooler, but I think the results could be better with a different design. Hope that helps!
    Without removing or modifying the crash bar is there really that much room for improvement over the STM? I ended up ordering the STM because I didn't want to modify the crash bar and they use a real garrett core (biggest selling point for me).
    2018 Nardo RS3 - Stock-ish

Veteran Member Three Rings Burningcoals's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BenLaz View Post
    Without removing or modifying the crash bar is there really that much room for improvement over the STM? I ended up ordering the STM because I didn't want to modify the crash bar and they use a real garrett core (biggest selling point for me).
    I am sure they can print some nice 3D models and make something unique happen. Sounds like John has a plan anyway. :)
    • Current: 2018 Audi RS3 - 2000 Audi S4 3L
    • B5 S4 FATS TiAL R770 2.06 FATS VIDEO
    • B5 S4 Pump GAS 5.7 60-130 92oct + Meth
    • B5 S4 4.7 100-200kmh 92oct + Meth

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MK3 TTRS

Quote Originally Posted by BenLaz View Post
    Yes, there is plenty opportunity for improvement without removing, cutting, modifying, or replacing the crash bar. It comes down to maximizing every aspect of the engineering and design. When starting a product development like an intercooler upgrade, our first task is to determine the constraints/envelope that we have to work with. As previously mentioned, it's unacceptable for us to remove, cut, modify or replace the crash bar in any way. So, we knew that from the get-go. It was definitely quite a bit more challenging compared to taking and easier route. For example, rather than using an "off the shelf" core and ultimately being limited to what's available on the market through a core supplier, we've developed a custom intercooler core, in partnership with a leading, reputable, and very well-known intercooler core manufacturer, to our own specifications inside and out. A lot of folks tend to think that the key to an efficient core is maximizing the external dimensions. While that's one way to get the job done, there are other ways to achieve the same or better results, without such a large core. You name it, we've tried it, and ultimately we've been able to achieve tremendous results that satisfy our performance requirements, executed within the envelope that we had to work with, and most importantly, does not compromise the safety of the vehicle.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MK3 TTRS

Quote Originally Posted by Burningcoals View Post
    I am sure they can print some nice 3D models and make something unique happen. Sounds like John has a plan anyway. :)
    Indeed! I shared a time lapse video back in March on my Instagram account of our 3D printer pumping out an endtank. Click the image below to check it out

AZ Member #

You rock John, anxiously waiting for a solid DP, IC and Stage 2.

AZ Member #

I am looking for a intercooler that is not blocked by the crash bar and does not require any crash bar modification.
    The only intercooler I have found so far that meets these requirement is the one from ABT and it has a core volume of about 11.7L if my information is correct.
    What core size will the Unitronic cooler have?
    Do you know the release price of it and perhaps some date?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MK3 TTRS

Quote Originally Posted by context.eax View Post
    I am looking for a intercooler that is not blocked by the crash bar and does not require any crash bar modification.
    The only intercooler I have found so far that meets these requirement is the one from ABT and it has a core volume of about 11.7L if my information is correct.
    At the moment, I don't have any further information to share.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by context.eax View Post
    It is only rated to 500hp, don't see much room for more than that, in such a small area.
    Twin coolers (side vents opened) like the Golf R DSG coolers, and a center one like abt, 3 coolers would be sick.

AZ Member #

John, tease us with somefin, p p p plllssss

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Some pics that i have on my instagram

follow me :saxon_rs3

20180623_160439 by saxonbrian2, on Flickr

20180624_095849 by saxonbrian2, on Flickr

20180624_101032 by saxonbrian2, on Flickr

20180621_160359 by saxonbrian2, on Flickr
    Unitronic stage??

Veteran Member Three Rings andru1313's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi 2018 RS3 2006 Evo IX MR

Some pics that i have on my instagram

follow me :saxon_rs3

20180623_160439 by saxonbrian2, on Flickr

20180624_095849 by saxonbrian2, on Flickr

20180624_101032 by saxonbrian2, on Flickr

20180621_160359 by saxonbrian2, on Flickr
    Cant wait to hear how you like the corn and how the car likes the corn.

AZ Member #

Dyno numbers with E85???

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017RS3-2014TTS-1967Olds442-2005Chevy2500HD-Duramax%2520

20180621_160359

So are you trying to tell us that you and John went golfing today?
    The "Go Fast" Car.....
    369" of Oldsmobile power by Rocket Racing
    best of 9.68 @ 136 mph and a 1.242 60'
    http://mbworld.org/forums/signaturep...ic160318_1.gif

Established Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Unitronic 1+ review

Quote Originally Posted by PeteJ View Post
    20180621_160359

So are you trying to tell us that you and John went golfing today?

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by speeddemon69; 06-26-2018 at 07:18 PM.

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

That license plate cracks me up
    2017 Ara Blue RS3

AZ Member #

All that white looks great!!

I dont do instagram or anything of the sort, even hate FB. Deleted about everyone, and ready to shut it down.

Established Member Three Rings S3DUDE's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Dyno numbers or it never happened!!hehehe. Thanks to you and specially John for trying hard on the E-85 map so that the rest of us can have it. I want to see Unitronic numbers before I decide on the tune.
    2018 RS3 Glacier White European delivery. Driven at 140mph /4000 rpm the within the first 25 miles after picking it up from the factory.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by S3DUDE View Post
    Dyno numbers or it never happened!!hehehe. Thanks to you and specially John for trying hard on the E-85 map so that the rest of us can have it. I want to see Unitronic numbers before I decide on the tune.
    I can't thank John and the whole crew at Unitronic enough. Honestly one of the best companies/ group of people I have worked with.

I'm sure john will release numbers soon enough, I'm sure everyone will be pretty damn happy :)
    Unitronic stage??

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MK3 TTRS

Established Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

spill the beans lol

AZ Member #

I'd be interested to know the minimum ethanol content required.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MK3 TTRS

I'll share all the details in due time. Not ready to share much more at this point.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast