Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I had the pump disconnect done in December and just called the dealer to see if they had the new pumps yet. The service advisor said my car is done and it will not be getting a new pump. I contacted Audi corporate and they said that the dealer is misinformed and they will call them to clear the air. As others have indicated above, all Audi owners affected by this recall will be getting new pumps at some point. Clearly there is a communication problem between corporate and the dealers. They are probably just prioritizing pump installs due to limited supply, so those who have had no recall work done are getting them first at some dealers.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by shadowcreep View Post
    I had the pump disconnect done in December and just called the dealer to see if they had the new pumps yet. The service advisor said my car is done and it will not be getting a new pump. I contacted Audi corporate and they said that the dealer is misinformed and they will call them to clear the air. As others have indicated above, all Audi owners affected by this recall will be getting new pumps at some point. Clearly there is a communication problem between corporate and the dealers. They are probably just prioritizing pump installs due to limited supply, so those who have had no recall work done are getting them first at some dealers.
    You can’t get a new pump until Audi opens a new campaign for this, we all have to wait unfortunately because dealers have no way right now to get reimbursed.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

i was told that the people who had the first pump disconnect done now got pushed to the back of the list and are waiting for a re designed pump that is actually different than the first re designed pump that is in stock now. the people who didn’t opt to do the first disconnect recall are getting pumps now. everyone who started with the pump disconnect has to wait for another pump to be made and dispersed. i was told around may.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Established Member Two Rings lepa71's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by prkieffer View Post
    i was told that the people who had the first pump disconnect done now got pushed to the back of the list and are waiting for a re designed pump that is actually different than the first re designed pump that is in stock now. the people who didn’t opt to do the first disconnect recall are getting pumps now. everyone who started with the pump disconnect has to wait for another pump to be made and dispersed. i was told around may.

Who told you that? Your SA? There are so many BS from SAs.
    2013 Allroad Premium Plus UM stage 1
    2003 Allroad EPL Stage1+ straight downpipes catless(sold at 187K miles)

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

a friend from ingolstadt.

Veteran Member Four Rings old guy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '03 A4, '13 A5, '18 MB-GLA

Quote Originally Posted by prkieffer View Post

Just more Audi BS.

It's all about risk mitigation. Audi didn't have enough pumps available but were exposed to the potential of a fire under the hood. Immediate response would be to remove the hazard by disconnecting the pump and attempting to compensate with an extended turbo warranty. Now that pumps are becoming available it makes more sense from an exposure position to replace the pumps that have never been disconnected before going back and replacing the previously disconnected pumps.
    A4 Motoza tuned Frankenturbo F21L / Bosch 550's / 3" MAF / TyrolSport SMIC / 034 HFC / TT 2.5" DP / Borla / Eibach ProKit / Koni Yellows / H-Sport F&R Bars / TyrolSport Brake Stiffeners / HyperShift Short Shifter / Podi
    A5 Mods to come: Little stuff so far. 20/25mm spacers / H&R OE Sport springs / 35% tint / Neuspeed Power Module / black window trim / RS grille.

Established Member Two Rings lepa71's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Just more Audi BS.

It's all about risk mitigation. Audi didn't have enough pumps available but were exposed to the potential of a fire under the hood. Immediate response would be to remove the hazard by disconnecting the pump and attempting to compensate with an extended turbo warranty. Now that pumps are becoming available it makes more sense from an exposure position to replace the pumps that have never been disconnected before going back and replacing the previously disconnected pumps.
    That's what I'm saying. When I did mine, SA told me that they only get like 2-3 pumps per week. He was really pushing for step 1 to disable the pump and come back later. I told him I won't do it and would walk away. He checked with parts and here it was in stock. You have to understand that dealer wants to do it twice as they are getting their rate paid twice. So take it with a grain of salt when Audi and SA tell you something.
    2013 Allroad Premium Plus UM stage 1
    2003 Allroad EPL Stage1+ straight downpipes catless(sold at 187K miles)

Veteran Member Three Rings audrobotic's Avatar
    AZ Member #

So it sounds like a far as the actual pump part is concerned it goes something like this:

Model 1.0 (defective part)
    Model 1.1 (revised part to fix defect, currently at a dealership near you)

Model 2.0 (future re-designed part, for the early “disconnectors”)

I haven’t done anything for this ridiculous recall so I might as well wait for the redesigned version. Maybe in about six months Audi will get their act together on this. (I have done the “software update” part of this nonsense, before all the disconnecting business).
    Current: 2013 A4 | Past: 2010 A4
    TFSI Longitudinal EA888

Senior Member Four Rings Theiceman's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by audrobotic View Post
    So it sounds like a far as the actual pump part is concerned it goes something like this:

Model 1.0 (defective part)
    Model 1.1 (revised part to fix defect, currently at a dealership near you)

Model 2.0 (future re-designed part, for the early “disconnectors”)

I haven’t done anything for this ridiculous recall so I might as well wait for the redesigned version. Maybe in about six months Audi will get their act together on this. (I have done the “software update” part of this nonsense, before all the disconnecting business).
    i would say it is more like this....

disconnect until we have pumps.. once we have pumps do the undisconnected first as providing a 4 year warranty to turbos costs money so keep that list under control by not adding to it.

once the undisconnected population is done and we have supply relaunch a new campaign to do the disconnected units.

personally i dont mind being disconnected.. free 4 year unlimited milage turbo warranty ? hell yeah ... first underboost/overboost code im driving it in and demanding a new turbo.
    2014 A4 2.0TQ Technik
    2006 A4 2.0TQ 6spd
    1978 Porsche 911SC Targa
    1976 Yamaha XS 360

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Ok, IÂ’ll try to keep this short, but as a long time loyal Audi owner this recall and my interactions with the SA have put me over the edge.

Had 19N4 done n mid January with 35k service under AudiCare. Got upsold on a $194 coolant flush although it still seems fishy to me that it wasnÂ’t included given the nature of the work performed.

Just over 2 weeks later, a low coolant light. Level was 3-4 inches below the minimum line, so I filled it and discussed with my husband (20 year Audi enthusiast). Called dealership and brought it in yesterday.

Was told it was a coolant hose (the one that reaches up and attaches to top/front of coolant reservoir) and was Ubered home at 9:30 or 10 am. I finally call at 4:30 wondering about an update and am told that the part and labor will be 300 something dollars (before this I was still under the understanding that it was related to recall work and covered). I told the SA I wanted to speak to a technician and the service manager when I cane to pick up the car and I departed my house.

Got there to only the SA, scrambling to find someone to walk my husband and I through what was completed. When my husband told him it was doubtful that a car with under 30k miles had a coolant hose break immediately after servicing the coolant system the guy went ballistic, yelling that my husband and I were disrespectful.

I am waiting on a call from the SM, but seriously wondering if anyone has experienced a coolant leak after this recall. Looks like @_magic_marco did. Anyone else? And did you all also opt for coolant flush, or did anyone opt out? It seems like they drain the whole coolant system and refill, so IÂ’m still scratching my head at this.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

The 19N4 was a simple unplugging of the pump harness. It had nothing to do with any of your coolant hoses. There is no way that a 2014 Allroad with only 30K miles would have a coolant hose failure. It had to be a result of the (unnecessary) coolant flush. If you aren't happy with the response from the SM I would recommend calling AOA and report the issue. AOA: 800 367 2834
    A4 Motoza tuned Frankenturbo F21L / Bosch 550's / 3" MAF / TyrolSport SMIC / 034 HFC / TT 2.5" DP / Borla / Eibach ProKit / Koni Yellows / H-Sport F&R Bars / TyrolSport Brake Stiffeners / HyperShift Short Shifter / Podi
    A5 Mods to come: Little stuff so far. 20/25mm spacers / H&R OE Sport springs / 35% tint / Neuspeed Power Module / black window trim / RS grille.

AZ Member #

My error! I had 1902 done the replacement coolant pump vs unplugging.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kpietrov View Post
    My error! I had 1902 done the replacement coolant pump vs unplugging.
    OK. They would have had to drain coolant. However my other comment still stands. There is no way a 2014 Allroad with under 30K miles would need a hose replacement. It was a result of the work performed. I still have most of the original coolant hoses on my 2003 A4 with ~ 240k miles. And they have been removed and reinstalled numerous times.

AZ Member #

They broke it. Plain and simple. The need for a coolant flush at that milage constitutes fraud in my mind.
    My car had coolant flushed for the first time at 220k km during engine rebuild and it looked brand new.

2014 A4 2.0TQ Technik
    2006 A4 2.0TQ 6spd
    1978 Porsche 911SC Targa
    1976 Yamaha XS 360

AZ Member #

Oh one other note. When toping ul coolant after this type of work it is perfectly normal for coolant to drop when car gets cold. Then you top it off while cold.
    I would say there is even the possibility there was nothing wrong with your car after the flush and the cool down you burped out an air pocket.

2014 A4 2.0TQ Technik
    2006 A4 2.0TQ 6spd
    1978 Porsche 911SC Targa
    1976 Yamaha XS 360

AZ Member #

Thank you. But also aaaaaahhh. My Dad taught me never be that sucker upsold on unrequired service and now I’m $500 in for stuff I shouldn’t have paid for. Feeling a little hosed.

I’ve got a prelim call into AOA (spoke to them before I picked up the car and they’re calling tomorrow to revisit and discuss how it was resolved) so I’m hoping this is corrected.

- - - Updated - - -

There was a visible leak—I had a pink puddle in the garage. But that does make sense!

AZ Member #

Thank you. But also aaaaaahhh. My Dad taught me never be that sucker upsold on unrequired service and now I’m $500 in for stuff I shouldn’t have paid for. Feeling a little hosed.

I’ve got a prelim call into AOA (spoke to them before I picked up the car and they’re calling tomorrow to revisit and discuss how it was resolved) so I’m hoping this is corrected.

- - - Updated - - -

There was a visible leak—I had a pink puddle in the garage. But that does make sense!
    ahh .. you should ask them if they tried replacing the rubber oring first ... after my rebuild I had a leaking hose. whenever that are popped off ( as techs wont wait for the drain port as it takes forever, they pop off the hose and dump it ) the rubber oring is supposed to be replaced.

If they tell you it I the one to the lower rad connection here is what happened...

1. they did not follow proper procedure and open drain port, they popped the hose of for a faster dump.
    2. Once the popped off the drain hose they did not follow proper procedure and replace the oring.

I just rebuilt my engine and didn't replace those orings as I forgot to order them ... . After the pink puddle I ordered them and replaced them problem solved. those hoses don't go bad. They come with replaceable orings for a reason .
    2014 A4 2.0TQ Technik
    2006 A4 2.0TQ 6spd
    1978 Porsche 911SC Targa
    1976 Yamaha XS 360

AZ Member #

Thumbs up

- - - Updated - - -

Happy update--spoke with the service manager, and he is fully refunding both the coolant flush and the hose repair. He said that when he spoke with his techs, nobody could say that the repair was not related to the work done (and he agreed it seemed likely). Good call Iceman--not sure if the o-ring was replaced, but that seems more sensible than the actual hose being broken.

Also got referred to their senior SA--looking forward to never dealing with the guy from yesterday again.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Good outcome

AZ Member #

fantastic outcome !!!!!

Happy motoring !!!!!
    2014 A4 2.0TQ Technik
    2006 A4 2.0TQ 6spd
    1978 Porsche 911SC Targa
    1976 Yamaha XS 360

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567