Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings Jayfiniti's Avatar
    AZ Member #

RS Front Bumper conversion

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Audiziners,

I'm trying to do a RS front bumper conversion and came across this listing - https://www.ebay.com/itm/AUDI-A6-S6-...K/183182541792

Does anyone have experience with this seller and product? I looked at XenonUK's site but he no longer sells the conversion kit with the front grill.
    2014 Audi A6 Premium Plus | RS6 Front bumper | Carbon mirrors & trunk lip | EPL Stage 2 | Injen Intake | 20" Nissan M117 | H&R Sport Springs | Custom Exhaust | 20% Tints | Vagcom mods

Senior Member Two Rings Killship's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quite a few guys have done it. Let me know how ebay fitment is!

Current: '15 D4 S8 - B&O, Drive Assist, CF Interior, & C/W

Rest in Peace: C7 S6 APR Stage III, RS7 Turbos, APR Cooling Performance System, APR TCU Tune, Vag-Cop 17mm drop, Axel-back Borla S-Types, Burnt Titanium Tips

Previous: '13 S4 - STaSiS

Previous: '04 S4

Veteran Member Four Rings Dutch_A6's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Hyundai Tuscon

I've got that on my watch list, still debating if I want to do it or not.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Black 2012 A7 Prestige

Zito ZF01 wheels
    EPL stage 1 tune
    Tinted marker lights
    RS7 Intake

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch_A6 View Post
    I've got that on my watch list, still debating if I want to do it or not.

I'm itching to pull the trigger on this lol I just wanted to see if anyone here had any experience with this seller and product specifically.
    2014 Audi A6 Premium Plus | RS6 Front bumper | Carbon mirrors & trunk lip | EPL Stage 2 | Injen Intake | 20" Nissan M117 | H&R Sport Springs | Custom Exhaust | 20% Tints | Vagcom mods

Senior Member Two Rings aFOURstance's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '04 DBP R32 PTE6266 Turbo, '01 Nogaro S4 Stg 3 & Bagged

From what I've been told the aftermarket bumpers require some finessing and additional modification to fit properly
    Life is too short to drive boring cars.

Veteran Member Four Rings highPSI-S4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    C7.5 S6, 14 Jetta 1.8t, 15 ZX6R

Xenox at least has various pictures on their website, one in particular doesn't show good fitment but I'm sure a good bodyshop could do a clean install.

I'd beware of the ad grammar being like chicken scratch and the company is based in California, plus it's free freight shipping. Last time I had a bumper shipped freight (OEM RS4) it was like $200+

just my .02
    C7.5 Glacier Wht | Prestige | Blk Optics | EPL STG2 | Mike's Downpipes | Becker Catback | Roc Euro | EC Diff Mount | EC F/R SB| EC Trans Mount | Airmatic Links | HRE FF04 20x9 et25| Carbon Mirrors | RS Grille | Yellow Calipers |
    Instagram: @Sinister_S6

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Hyundai Tuscon

I know there are some that have bought from them, though finding reviews isn't easy.

Black 2012 A7 Prestige

Zito ZF01 wheels
    EPL stage 1 tune
    Tinted marker lights
    RS7 Intake

Established Member Two Rings Welterweight's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Just installed that one last month but it had the carbon fiber lip. Love it!!!!

14í Black S6, EPL Stage 1
    20" AGís, CETE Lowering
    Resonator & Muffler Delete
    RS Front & IntakeIMG_1787.JPG

Senior Member Three Rings arrivalanche's Avatar
    AZ Member #

If you want a real quality one, go to https://bk-motorsport.com/ . They are local in so cal and I personally know the owner. He used to be a rep for ABT so you know its quality. Considering doing the same on my C7.5 S6 too so I went down and checked it out. Quality was OEM level and made of the same material. Definitely check them out!
    -AARON-

2017 S6 Black Optic
    2018 S4 Black Optic
    2016 S6 Black Optic - Sold
    2014 A6 3.0T Black Optic - Sold
    2014 S4 3.0T Black Optic - Sold
    2012 A6 3.0T - Sold
    2008 A4 2.0T - Sold

Established Member Two Rings Welterweight's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by arrivalanche View Post
    If you want a real quality one, go to https://bk-motorsport.com/ . They are local in so cal and I personally know the owner. He used to be a rep for ABT so you know its quality. Considering doing the same on my C7.5 S6 too so I went down and checked it out. Quality was OEM level and made of the same material. Definitely check them out!
    Yeah BK is what I went with. Almost looks the same as the one from EBay. I love it!

20" AGís, CETE Lowering
    RS Front & Intake

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Any complications with BKía conversion on install? Iím local to them so will reach out as well but was curious as to your install experience.
    2015 Audi S6

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Welterweight View Post

20" AGís, CETE Lowering
    The ebay listing is from bk motorsports. I just pulled the trigger on it. Thank you!

Veteran Member Four Rings RAF_S7's Avatar
    AZ Member #

If your changing the complete bumper, just be aware that if you have ACC installed - with real radar detectors - you will need to have a system calibration carried out by the dealer when you move them from the OEM bumper to the aftermarket RS one.

This is the only thing thats put me off changing the bumper
    2016 S7 Sepang Blue ///Matrix//Bose//Self Park//Lane Assist//ACC//F&R parking cams//Blackvue DR650//Phone Box//Sunroof//Privacy glass//Carbon mirrors//Neidfaktor Steering wheel//RS Knob//OEM RS Grill//Suntek PPF//De-chromed//Roc-Euro//Modded Exhaust//Cete ASC v2 installed//APR Stage 1 on. WoW
    Gone: 2014 Audi A7Q 3.0 TFSI
    Gone: 2011 Audi A6Q 2.8 TFSI
    Gone: 2009 Audi A3Q 2.0 TDIi

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by RAF_S7 View Post
    If your changing the complete bumper, just be aware that if you have ACC installed - with real radar detectors - you will need to have a system calibration carried out by the dealer when you move them from the OEM bumper to the aftermarket RS one.

This is the only thing thats put me off changing the bumper
    Hmmm, interesting. What happens if you don't do this? At least not right away.

Veteran Member Four Rings RAF_S7's Avatar
    AZ Member #

You will get errors thrown up on the DIS display.
    2016 S7 Sepang Blue ///Matrix//Bose//Self Park//Lane Assist//ACC//F&R parking cams//Blackvue DR650//Phone Box//Sunroof//Privacy glass//Carbon mirrors//Neidfaktor Steering wheel//RS Knob//OEM RS Grill//Suntek PPF//De-chromed//Roc-Euro//Modded Exhaust//Cete ASC v2 installed//APR Stage 1 on. WoW
    Gone: 2014 Audi A7Q 3.0 TFSI
    Gone: 2011 Audi A6Q 2.8 TFSI
    Gone: 2009 Audi A3Q 2.0 TDIi

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Hyundai Tuscon

And possibly crash or the ACC will pick up objects in another lane and brake check you for no reason etc. I had this conversation yesterday with a friend of mine who worked as a head Audi tech for years.

Black 2012 A7 Prestige

Zito ZF01 wheels
    EPL stage 1 tune
    Tinted marker lights
    RS7 Intake

Veteran Member Four Rings Street Nasty's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B5_S4_Avant_KO4s

I havenít had any acc or parking issues after a bumper conversion. I use it all the time in nyc bumper to bumper traffic, northeast winters, etc. works like when I had a stock bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Street Nasty View Post
    I havenít had any acc or parking issues after a bumper conversion. I use it all the time in nyc bumper to bumper traffic, northeast winters, etc. works like when I had a stock bumper.

Good to hear. Hopefully I can get away with not taking it in to the dealer as well lol

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Hyundai Tuscon

Hope so, right now I'm just doing the grill and they were talking about the ACC calibration for that. Would prefer not to have to redo it if it didn't need it.

Black 2012 A7 Prestige

Zito ZF01 wheels
    EPL stage 1 tune
    Tinted marker lights
    RS7 Intake

Established Member Two Rings vdubtucckn's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I recently did the RS6 conversion (from BK Motorsports) and have to take my car in for the ACC realignment

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtucckn View Post
    I recently did the RS6 conversion (from BK Motorsports) and have to take my car in for the ACC realignment

Have any pics to share? :)

AZ Member #

IMG_1712.JPG

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfiniti View Post
    Have any pics to share? :)
    You got it! 🤙🏼

AZ Member #

Looks great!

Thank you!

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfiniti View Post
    Looks great!

Thank you!
    Thank you 🤙🏼 Wasnít sure how the white on white would get pulled off but Iíve gotten a lot of compliments off it. Sheíll be under construction but the S6 will get there eventually. Wheels up next but wonít get put on until my Rollofaceís are ready.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Welterweight View Post

20" AGís, CETE Lowering
    What tires/size did you go with??

Veteran Member Four Rings highPSI-S4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    C7.5 S6, 14 Jetta 1.8t, 15 ZX6R

Looks like I was wrong about this BK-Motorsports, may have to look into this as well.

Sub'd
    C7.5 Glacier Wht | Prestige | Blk Optics | EPL STG2 | Mike's Downpipes | Becker Catback | Roc Euro | EC Diff Mount | EC F/R SB| EC Trans Mount | Airmatic Links | HRE FF04 20x9 et25| Carbon Mirrors | RS Grille | Yellow Calipers |
    Instagram: @Sinister_S6

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by highPSI-S4 View Post
    Looks like I was wrong about this BK-Motorsports, may have to look into this as well.

Sub'd
    Iíve never had an issue with BK Motorsports. This was my second front bumper conversion (previously Avant A4), and Iíve referred a few friends to them and havenít heard anything bad on their end. The only thing I wish they did have was install instructions or pics BUT in all itís not hard to figure out where all the pieces go.

Oh, and if you have a front mount camera some modification is necessary...

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtucckn View Post
    Iíve never had an issue with BK Motorsports. This was my second front bumper conversion (previously Avant A4), and Iíve referred a few friends to them and havenít heard anything bad on their end. The only thing I wish they did have was install instructions or pics BUT in all itís not hard to figure out where all the pieces go.

Oh, and if you have a front mount camera some modification is necessary...

How is the quality & durability? Dose feel cheap, or like stock?

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Someone recently did a good write up on this - forget who.... - but specifically for the BK bumper conversion. He noted that there was definitely some finessing needed and he had a very good body shop that was able to fit it in well. Not nearly close to plug n' play - i was also looking at this.

EDIT - found the post from madyspop - https://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/595264-Random-Pic-of-your-C7-RIGHT-NOW?p=13097065&viewfull=1#post13097065
    2015 Audi S6

Senior Member Three Rings SeattleiteA6's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have my BK Motorsport RS bumper en route, I think I've done a fair amount research on this and have come to a couple conclusions:

- fitment won't be 100% with ANY of these manufacturers, but BKM seems to have the best fit anecdotally
    - ACC shouldn't be adversely affected UNLESS you have an aggressive drop, I've read that within ~10mm via vcds throws no codes?
    - the best write-up I've found is here, very comprehensive: https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...all-RS6-Grille
    2014 S6 Phantom w Black Int//B&O//Innovation Pkg//Driver Assist. Pkg//Black Optics//LEDs//Carbon trim//vag-com tweaks
    to do's: FL ecode dynamic tails, RS bumper, carbon diffuser
    2013 Q7 3.0T S-Line Prestige//Lava Grey Pearl w Black Int//Tech Pkg//S-Line Plus Pkg//Black Optics// (Wife's)
    ====
    2013 RS5 Ibis w Black Int//TiOptics//B&O//e-code tails//x-pipe//vagcom tweaks//20" HRE FF01
    2012 A6 3.0T Prestige (SOLD)

Established Member Two Rings thebigwawa's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 S4: 20" S6 wheels, satin black wrap, RS4 grille, AWE Touring, Deval CF Diffuser, 404 HP tuned

I think I bought from this eBay seller. I had it installed when I had the car wrapped - they needed to remove the bumper anyway fir the wrap. The body shop said it fitted without much fuss.
    IMG_7255.JPG
    IMG_7256.JPG
    IMG_7265.jpg

'13 S6 | Revo Stage 1 | AWE Track Exhaust, Black Tips | Satin Grey Wrap | RS6 bumper and grille | 21" OEM RS7 Performance Wheels | ECS 10mm Spacers | EuroCode Sway Bars | APR CPS | Revo Air Intake
    '10 S4 | lltek 404 HP Tune | Matte Silver wrap | Caractere Bumper| RS Quattro Grille | 20" RS7 wheels | AWE Touring Exhaust | CF Diffuser | AWE Air Intake

Sold:
    2013 A6 Prestige, 2009 370Z, 2007 S8, 2008 A4 S-Line, 2003 RS6, 2002 S8, 2001 A8, 2001 A6, 1994 S4, 1996 A6

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by A6exey View Post
    How is the quality & durability? Dose feel cheap, or like stock?
    Quality/durability Iíd say is prob on par with stock. I donít have much to compare it to as I have always used BKM. Itís my daily, and itís holding up pretty good. Just the usual stupid rock chips or dings, but thatís Vegas life (nothing but dirt and rocks around here).

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Hey guys,

Iím new to this forum, but just went through RS6 conversion on my A6 and can share some thoughts about it. Actually BK Motorsport is selling the wrong shape bumpers (if you are picky and paying attention to details). Their front bumpers are moulded from RS7, not RS6 by the looks of it. Just check the side of it and also the plastic bit in the lower grill. It must be L shape, not D shape. From what I see, only thebigwawa has got the correct shape bumper (those red L shape bits are the ones Iím talking about) The rear bumper diffuser is also wrong shape and have those ugly protruding fake exhaust pipes that I hate. I bought my kit from XenonzUK and even if it was the closest mould to the real thing, still had to do shit loads of adjustments and cutting to make it fit (even had to grind a little corner of the bonnet!) The only thing that helped, that itís made from the same material as OEM bumpers and are a bit easy to work with compared to fiberglass bumpers. There are few other companies, selling those kits, but what Iíve heard, theyíre even more pain in the ass to fit.
    As for ACC, yes, more than likely youíre gonna need to calibrate your ACC radars after changing the front bumper, which is a big headache for me at the moment. I was quoted ~£400 to do it here in UK and still think that itís total bull****!!! So if anybody can tell me how I can do it without them ripping me off big time, would be greatly appreciated. I know ideally it has to be done with expensive calibration board, but heard that it can also be done with VAGCOM and a little bit patience ;) And until I will sort it out, Iím gonna have not only ACC, but also normal cruise control inoperational, as itís all connected :(