Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 77
  1. #1
    Established Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 04 2017
    AZ Member #
    407851
    Location
    SFLA

    Unitronic Stage 1+ reviews? or other tune reviews?

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    so i haven't really seen any good reviews that covers all areas of stock vs stage 1+ tune. looking only for stage one reviews and/or comparisons for now. looking for a review that covers throttle response, low, mid, high end power, etc.

  2. #2
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 09 2018
    AZ Member #
    412228
    Location
    ny

    don't let those posts about throttle response get to you ;)

  3. #3
    Established Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 04 2017
    AZ Member #
    407851
    Location
    SFLA

    Quote Originally Posted by PowerStroke View Post
    don't let those posts about throttle response get to you ;)
    hahaha...acutually i figure the throttle response should be the same if not better than my mk6 gti with k04, that pushed the power till about 3k, but that's more of turbo lag than throttle response.

    but i created this thread because no one seems to review their tune's. if it was me i'd make a detailed review covering all points etc. guess i'll be the one to have to do that lol

  4. #4
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 08 2017
    AZ Member #
    408047
    Location
    port washington ny

    Im also shopping tune and am currently about to pull the trigger on CustomCode, but have seriously looked into Unitronic as well.
    APR has dropped the ball

    Anyone here have a dyno of custom code stage one (no boltons) vs baseline?

  5. #5
    Established Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 04 2017
    AZ Member #
    407851
    Location
    SFLA

    Quote Originally Posted by captainhaggs View Post
    Im also shopping tune and am currently about to pull the trigger on CustomCode, but have seriously looked into Unitronic as well.
    APR has dropped the ball

    Anyone here have a dyno of custom code stage one (no boltons) vs baseline?
    i'm leaning towards Unitronic but everyone here is so quiet lol except Malaka of course lol.

  6. #6
    Veteran Member Four Rings saxon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 16 2012
    AZ Member #
    102339
    Location
    pa

    I will be doing a full review

    Have baseline dyno figures and baseline 1/4 mile times

    Flashed yesterday :)
    Current Ride- 2018 Audi RS3 Glacier White
    Unitronic stage??

    Past cars 2010 s4-2012 Nissan GT-R -2014 S6-2016 s3-2015 M3--2011 b8 s4

  7. #7
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 08 2017
    AZ Member #
    408047
    Location
    port washington ny

    Quote Originally Posted by saxon View Post
    I will be doing a full review

    Have baseline dyno figures and baseline 1/4 mile times

    Flashed yesterday :)
    which brand, the complimentary retunes for added bolt ons is a super appealing feature of CC. That and custom code comes with like 12 different profiles.

  8. #8
    Established Member Two Rings Wkraus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 25 2017
    AZ Member #
    407475
    My Garage
    2018 Audi RS3 Catalunya Red
    Location
    Burnsville Minnesota

    Quote Originally Posted by captainhaggs View Post
    Im also shopping tune and am currently about to pull the trigger on CustomCode, but have seriously looked into Unitronic as well.
    APR has dropped the ball

    Anyone here have a dyno of custom code stage one (no boltons) vs baseline?
    Iím heading to a shop that does awd dyno this morning at 9 and heís going to see where he can strap mine in. Iím gonna try tipping him to do it right away. I have the iroz downpipe though. Itís a mustang dyno. I have custom code ordered and stm intercooler on the way and wanted a before and after

  9. #9
    Established Member Two Rings Wkraus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 25 2017
    AZ Member #
    407475
    My Garage
    2018 Audi RS3 Catalunya Red
    Location
    Burnsville Minnesota

    Quote Originally Posted by captainhaggs View Post
    which brand, the complimentary retunes for added bolt ons is a super appealing feature of CC. That and custom code comes with like 12 different profiles.
    Thatís why I chose it. And custom code has been the best customer service Iíve ever dealt with in my life. Iroz is on the other end of that. You just need the hardware from iroz then custom code takes over. They text and call you through the whatís app app. They reply within minutes every time. Itís like your texting a friend that has their phone in their hand always. Canít say enough good about custom code and bad about iroz for service. If you have the app and want the number I can give it to you. The ability to log your car and send them the files so they can tune your car specially is huge to me. Good luck!!

  10. #10
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Apr 22 2012
    AZ Member #
    92305
    Location
    Norway

    Quote Originally Posted by captainhaggs View Post
    Im also shopping tune and am currently about to pull the trigger on CustomCode, but have seriously looked into Unitronic as well.
    APR has dropped the ball

    Anyone here have a dyno of custom code stage one (no boltons) vs baseline?

  11. #11
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 02 2017
    AZ Member #
    407767
    Location
    Seattle

    That power profile with stage one is nuts. Gotta go stage 1 with IC and intake.

    Call it good on pump and then suspension mods

  12. #12
    Senior Member Three Rings FuzzyHat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21 2010
    AZ Member #
    59283
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois

    Quote Originally Posted by saxon View Post
    I will be doing a full review

    Have baseline dyno figures and baseline 1/4 mile times

    Flashed yesterday :)
    Need review!

    Quote Originally Posted by context.eax View Post
    Thats kinda nuts with no bolt ons and just a tune. I also like the complimentary retunes and for different stages all in one package. If I'm understanding correct, that is how Custom-Code works? So if I were to order the following Custom Code Original Turbo Tuning Suite, and choose the option of "None", then I would get all the tunes and then could retune once I got the bolt ons?
    2018 RS3 - APR Stage 1 - Eurocode FMIC - KW H.A.S. Springs - Milltek Bypass Pipes
    IG: fuzzyhat

  13. #13
    Veteran Member Three Rings andru1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 13 2007
    AZ Member #
    17244
    My Garage
    Audi 2018 RS3 2006 Evo IX MR
    Location
    West Chester PA

    Pretty impressive on just a tune for the Custom Code option. Would love to compare that with other tunes on the market. Also having working with a mustang dyno I know how to manipulate the dyno to make the numbers look amazing. Not saying that is the case here but I am more curious about the Butt Dyno and less about the numbers. And when folks are strappin on the dyno are they running it in AWD or FWD? I have heard mixed things about running the Haladex in AWD.

  14. #14
    Veteran Member Four Rings saxon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 16 2012
    AZ Member #
    102339
    Location
    pa

    Quote Originally Posted by captainhaggs View Post
    which brand, the complimentary retunes for added bolt ons is a super appealing feature of CC. That and custom code comes with like 12 different profiles.

    Unitronic, with John Staffi of Unitronic having a newer TTRS i have full faith that they will be able to have a great tune and hardware for the platform


    Quote Originally Posted by andru1313 View Post
    Pretty impressive on just a tune for the Custom Code option. Would love to compare that with other tunes on the market. Also having working with a mustang dyno I know how to manipulate the dyno to make the numbers look amazing. Not saying that is the case here but I am more curious about the Butt Dyno and less about the numbers. And when folks are strappin on the dyno are they running it in AWD or FWD? I have heard mixed things about running the Haladex in AWD.
    I was on a mustang dyno , where the front and rear hubs are linked together. because they are linked i ran the car in awd mode
    Current Ride- 2018 Audi RS3 Glacier White
    Unitronic stage??

    Past cars 2010 s4-2012 Nissan GT-R -2014 S6-2016 s3-2015 M3--2011 b8 s4

  15. #15
    Veteran Member Three Rings andru1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 13 2007
    AZ Member #
    17244
    My Garage
    Audi 2018 RS3 2006 Evo IX MR
    Location
    West Chester PA

    Thanks. Yah its like the oil debate. Get a different opinion depending on who you ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by saxon View Post
    I was on a mustang dyno , where the front and rear hubs are linked together. because they are linked i ran the car in awd mode

  16. #16
    Established Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 04 2017
    AZ Member #
    407851
    Location
    SFLA

    Quote Originally Posted by saxon View Post
    I will be doing a full review

    Have baseline dyno figures and baseline 1/4 mile times

    Flashed yesterday :)
    Iíll be waiting for it. Convince me to go UNI lol!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #17
    Veteran Member Four Rings saxon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 16 2012
    AZ Member #
    102339
    Location
    pa

    stock everything except Unitronic 1+ tune and cts secondary cat delets

    https://youtu.be/_9DxYAaLups
    Current Ride- 2018 Audi RS3 Glacier White
    Unitronic stage??

    Past cars 2010 s4-2012 Nissan GT-R -2014 S6-2016 s3-2015 M3--2011 b8 s4

  18. #18
    Established Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 04 2017
    AZ Member #
    407851
    Location
    SFLA

    Unitronic Stage 1+ reviews? or other tune reviews?

    Quote Originally Posted by saxon View Post
    stock everything except Unitronic 1+ tune and cts secondary cat delets

    https://youtu.be/_9DxYAaLups
    Moar vids! Info! Reviews! 🤪

    Impressive times!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    Established Member Three Rings BozMan-S4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 15 2018
    AZ Member #
    412495
    My Garage
    Cadillac STS- V Series
    Location
    Michigan

    I canít speak for any tunes outside of EPL, so my thoughts will be a little subjective. I am very impressed with EPL and have put 10k miles on the stage 1 tune (have stage 2 flash but holding off till itís actually spring) so far and havenít had any issues or codes pop up. I ran stock for same period to make sure I appreciate the difference. I donít think stage 1 had much impact on throttle response but when it responds it like a winch attached to the front. The car pulls hard from 1500 rpm all the way to 7200 (TCU tune EPL). Itís like the car woke up and decided to be a sports car. I do have an intake, AMS Cooler and a few suspension/Drivetrain mods as well. I havenít tried any other tunes but I have ZERO buyers remorse. The toughest thing about the whole deal is using discipline in flashing Stage 2. I understand itís easy to be bias in these questions..so I leave it at, if you are considering more than Unitronic or Custom then EPL should be on the table IMO. Good luck and Iím sure you will be happy with whatever you decide on.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2011 Audi S4 Meteor Gray Pearl, Alu Kreuz, Eurocode Sways/Endlinks/Inserts, ECS Carbon Fiber Intake, 57mm Pulley, EPL Stg 2 ECU/TCU, AMS Alpha Cooler, ECS Street/Trans Shield, ECS Control Arm Brace, Milltek Non-Res Black Oval

  20. #20
    Veteran Member Four Rings saxon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 16 2012
    AZ Member #
    102339
    Location
    pa

    Quote Originally Posted by BozMan-S4 View Post
    I canít speak for any tunes outside of EPL, so my thoughts will be a little subjective. I am very impressed with EPL and have put 10k miles on the stage 1 tune (have stage 2 flash but holding off till itís actually spring) so far and havenít had any issues or codes pop up. I ran stock for same period to make sure I appreciate the difference. I donít think stage 1 had much impact on throttle response but when it responds it like a winch attached to the front. The car pulls hard from 1500 rpm all the way to 7200 (TCU tune EPL). Itís like the car woke up and decided to be a sports car. I do have an intake, AMS Cooler and a few suspension/Drivetrain mods as well. I havenít tried any other tunes but I have ZERO buyers remorse. The toughest thing about the whole deal is using discipline in flashing Stage 2. I understand itís easy to be bias in these questions..so I leave it at, if you are considering more than Unitronic or Custom then EPL should be on the table IMO. Good luck and Iím sure you will be happy with whatever you decide on.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    umm sorry bud, this is for rs3's and not s4's ;)
    Current Ride- 2018 Audi RS3 Glacier White
    Unitronic stage??

    Past cars 2010 s4-2012 Nissan GT-R -2014 S6-2016 s3-2015 M3--2011 b8 s4

  21. #21
    Established Member Three Rings BozMan-S4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 15 2018
    AZ Member #
    412495
    My Garage
    Cadillac STS- V Series
    Location
    Michigan

    Quote Originally Posted by saxon View Post
    umm sorry bud, this is for rs3's and not s4's ;)
    Lol...my bad. Well if anyone sells the RS3 and buys the superior S4 ...now you know. No hate mail just kidding..sort of


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2011 Audi S4 Meteor Gray Pearl, Alu Kreuz, Eurocode Sways/Endlinks/Inserts, ECS Carbon Fiber Intake, 57mm Pulley, EPL Stg 2 ECU/TCU, AMS Alpha Cooler, ECS Street/Trans Shield, ECS Control Arm Brace, Milltek Non-Res Black Oval

  22. #22
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 14 2009
    AZ Member #
    52058
    Location
    Houston, TX

    Quote Originally Posted by BozMan-S4 View Post
    Lol...my bad. Well if anyone sells the RS3 and buys the superior S4 ...now you know. No hate mail just kidding..sort of


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    I loved my dual pulley S4, I had a love/hate relationship with my S3, and the RS3 is my soul mate. Just stage 1 Iroz CC and this car rips like a GTR. Stock a dual pulley S4 would beat me in cooler temps with better DA but for Houston my RS3 will win 355 days out of the year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #23
    Established Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 04 2017
    AZ Member #
    407851
    Location
    SFLA

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsauce16 View Post
    I loved my dual pulley S4, I had a love/hate relationship with my S3, and the RS3 is my soul mate. Just stage 1 Iroz CC and this car rips like a GTR. Stock a dual pulley S4 would beat me in cooler temps with better DA but for Houston my RS3 will win 355 days out of the year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And stage 2 with intercooler would make it 365 days a year and also February 29 hahaha.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  24. #24
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 14 2009
    AZ Member #
    52058
    Location
    Houston, TX

    I just got dragy, I hope to do testing in the next couple days. The only 0-60 time I have to compare is to my 3.64 read by my P3 gauge. Traction is the biggest key with stage 1 but I think Iíve figured the launch control out. Seems to be like my B8 S4.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. #25
    Senior Member Three Rings FuzzyHat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21 2010
    AZ Member #
    59283
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsauce16 View Post
    I just got dragy, I hope to do testing in the next couple days. The only 0-60 time I have to compare is to my 3.64 read by my P3 gauge. Traction is the biggest key with stage 1 but I think Iíve figured the launch control out. Seems to be like my B8 S4.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm almost at the point where I'm doing my first oil change and then I can start using my Dragy that I ordered. Can't wait to see stock numbers, and then work my way up from there. Might be doing a dyno day in 2 weeks, don't know as of yet.
    2018 RS3 - APR Stage 1 - Eurocode FMIC - KW H.A.S. Springs - Milltek Bypass Pipes
    IG: fuzzyhat

  26. #26
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 14 2009
    AZ Member #
    52058
    Location
    Houston, TX

    I was trying to record video but I couldnít get the mount to work, so I might try something tomorrow night.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  27. #27
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 14 2009
    AZ Member #
    52058
    Location
    Houston, TX

    Quote Originally Posted by speeddemon69 View Post
    And stage 2 with intercooler would make it 365 days a year and also February 29 hahaha.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well I just remember my car slower during the summer months by almost a half a second 11.9ís in August vs 11.5ís in November. Oh and I only ran on 93, no race gas times, thatís why I was a little slower.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  28. #28
    Established Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 04 2017
    AZ Member #
    407851
    Location
    SFLA

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsauce16 View Post
    I was trying to record video but I couldnít get the mount to work, so I might try something tomorrow night.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    trap seems kinda slow? saw THIS video of it trapping higher with same tune. still though i'd be happy with what you got lol.

  29. #29
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Apr 22 2012
    AZ Member #
    92305
    Location
    Norway

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsauce16 View Post
    Well I just remember my car slower during the summer months by almost a half a second 11.9ís in August vs 11.5ís in November. Oh and I only ran on 93, no race gas times, thatís why I was a little slower.
    Do you remember what the ambient temp on these runs?


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  30. #30
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 14 2009
    AZ Member #
    52058
    Location
    Houston, TX

    Quote Originally Posted by speeddemon69 View Post
    trap seems kinda slow? saw THIS video of it trapping higher with same tune. still though i'd be happy with what you got lol.
    Iím happy, but two things to consider is we are still waiting to turn mine up and second is even though it was 70 degree it was very muggy last night. Actually i forgot I had the a/c on too. Not much for weight though, golf clubs and aluminum bats and shoes in the trunk.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  31. #31
    Established Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 04 2017
    AZ Member #
    407851
    Location
    SFLA

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsauce16 View Post
    Iím happy, but two things to consider is we are still waiting to turn mine up and second is even though it was 70 degree it was very muggy last night. Actually i forgot I had the a/c on too. Not much for weight though, golf clubs and aluminum bats and shoes in the trunk.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What do you mean by turn it up?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  32. #32
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 14 2009
    AZ Member #
    52058
    Location
    Houston, TX

    Unitronic Stage 1+ reviews? or other tune reviews?

    Weíre more on the conservative end from our last flash as I was trying to keep it from heatsoaking (too much) in a 1000 mile road trip. Actually have liked it a lot better but once I get the intercooler I would be looking to make some 10 sec stage 1 passes.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  33. #33
    Established Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 04 2017
    AZ Member #
    407851
    Location
    SFLA

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsauce16 View Post
    Weíre more on the conservative end from our last flash as I was trying to keep it from heatsoaking (too much) in a 1000 mile road trip. Actually have liked it a lot better but once I get the intercooler I would be looking to make some 10 sec stage 1 passes.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So they have a low output file?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  34. #34
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 14 2009
    AZ Member #
    52058
    Location
    Houston, TX

    They have whatever you want, you want a no boost file Iím sure they can do that. Lol but seriously we always start conservative and go forward with their files on Iroz Custom Code. We just basically went back a file to make sure I would be ok putting the car through its paces.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  35. #35
    Established Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 04 2017
    AZ Member #
    407851
    Location
    SFLA

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsauce16 View Post
    They have whatever you want, you want a no boost file Iím sure they can do that. Lol but seriously we always start conservative and go forward with their files on Iroz Custom Code. We just basically went back a file to make sure I would be ok putting the car through its paces.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wait im confused, unitronic or custom code?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  36. #36
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings John@Unitronic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 03 2008
    AZ Member #
    84548
    My Garage
    MK3 TTRS
    Location
    Laval, QC

    Quote Originally Posted by speeddemon69 View Post
    Wait im confused, unitronic or custom code?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rocketsauce16 is not using Unitronic software.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsauce16 View Post
    Just stage 1 Iroz CC and this car rips like a GTR.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    UNITRONIC ó Performance Software & Hardware for your VWģ /Audiģ / Porscheģ
    Web: GetUNITRONIC.com | Tel: (866) 341-2447
    Follow us on: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

  37. #37
    Established Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 04 2017
    AZ Member #
    407851
    Location
    SFLA

    Quote Originally Posted by John@Unitronic View Post
    Rocketsauce16 is not using Unitronic software.
    I see what happened i confused him with saxton. Lol sorry


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  38. #38
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 14 2009
    AZ Member #
    52058
    Location
    Houston, TX

    Quote Originally Posted by speeddemon69 View Post
    I see what happened i confused him with saxton. Lol sorry


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It happens, I have done that myself, but I had Unitronic and it wasnít that I didnít like it but more that a rat crawled up in my engine and took my car down for a month. So I thought I was going to stay stock and then here I am tuned by Custom Code. Talking with both John and the guys at custom code you really canít go wrong... Unless your waiting for APR, which then may god have mercy on your soul.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  39. #39
    Established Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 04 2017
    AZ Member #
    407851
    Location
    SFLA

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsauce16 View Post
    Unless your waiting for APR, which then may god have mercy on your soul.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    🤣🤣🤣


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  40. #40
    Established Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 04 2017
    AZ Member #
    407851
    Location
    SFLA

    Quote Originally Posted by saxon View Post
    I will be doing a full review

    Have baseline dyno figures and baseline 1/4 mile times

    Flashed yesterday :)
    Still waiting on that review lol....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.