Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Cool. Excited to see the numbers. This makes me actually motivated to work on the car.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

Veteran Member Four Rings NOTORIOUS VR's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by christianb5s4 View Post
    Typically the first pull would achieve 2.4XX then would go up to 2.6XX by the 3rd pull. The heat soak with the car was worst (although I don't have any empirical data to share) during drag racing and roll racing because you're forced to sit in line for 15-30 mins between runs with all that heat and no airflow.
    So definitely a heat soaking issue... My guess is if you compare the IAT you will see an incremental increase. What would be telling is what the ECU is doing at that point (pulling advance or not). If not, then I'd say the W/M is somehow making power (doesn't make sense to me but ok). But probably what's happening is the IAT increase is in fact making the ECU pull some timing. Adding in that timing back (not allowing the timing to be pulled) even without W/M would be an interesting test to see where the power drop is coming from.

Ethanol is very, very good with heat and high CC temps I certainly don't see any issue that would cause a power drop other than timing/boost changes related to IAT adjustments that are needed on pump gas but not so much on Ethanol.
    E36 · DYNO · TUNING · WIRING · PARTS

Registered Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Here is a couple of IAT and EGT logs, both taken 3 and 4th gear out.

Note that Logs without WMI are done early April, which is still very Cold month in Sweden ,where Logs with WMI are done i Juli in high summer temps. Both taken summer time - diff would be even greater.
    Still Logs show good improvment (holding the temps down and Power up.

Car is full weight RS4 Wagon, with 2 guys 1900kg+ (4200lbs) On E80 and (Sunoco race methanol 50-50). Inrecoolers SRM V1.

https://ibb.co/h9x8sT IAT - No WMI temp in C

https://ibb.co/fy6CK8 IAT - WITH WMI

https://ibb.co/dY5smo EGT - No WMI

https://ibb.co/mMzwCT EGT - WMI

Videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWwrjQUvFcM NO WMI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysEPcDINVZY With WMI

I was able to add about 3deg more timimg accross the board once WMI was spraying, which kept the Intakes cool all the way through gears, no matter what.
    Power on top of E80 was, about 40bhp (25-30whp) and we managed to reduce 100-200 kph by 0.6 sec and that is alot.
    Also, the biggest gain is not a peak HP itself it, it is the Power kept through the gears. The faster and higher gear - more Power was availible vs with E85 only.

I am installing Aquamist on my car soon and i will provide a lots of Logs afterwards.
    Car is running E80 now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQLegibYjW4

Senior Member Four Rings christianb5s4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
    So definitely a heat soaking issue... My guess is if you compare the IAT you will see an incremental increase. What would be telling is what the ECU is doing at that point (pulling advance or not). If not, then I'd say the W/M is somehow making power (doesn't make sense to me but ok). But probably what's happening is the IAT increase is in fact making the ECU pull some timing. Adding in that timing back (not allowing the timing to be pulled) even without W/M would be an interesting test to see where the power drop is coming from.

Ethanol is very, very good with heat and high CC temps I certainly don't see any issue that would cause a power drop other than timing/boost changes related to IAT adjustments that are needed on pump gas but not so much on Ethanol.
    When I tracked those FATs times before meth, it was 90 degrees that day and not a completely fair test since there's so much traffic in my area that I'd often have to pull off to the shoulder and wait for a gap to do another FATs run. So that heat stands in the engine bay until the car started moving again.

If I lived in a less trafficked area and could do a pull, slow down (without needing to stop), do another pull, I'm sure heat soak would be less of an issue without meth. I wish I knew more about the specifics but Blake was also able to add a few degrees of advance in with methanol injection on top of E85 but most of my own experience is just seat of pants and from FATs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mocke View Post
    Here is a couple of IAT and EGT logs, both taken 3 and 4th gear out.

Note that Logs without WMI are done early April, which is still very Cold month in Sweden ,where Logs with WMI are done i Juli in high summer temps. Both taken summer time - diff would be even greater.
    Still Logs show good improvment (holding the temps down and Power up.

Car is full weight RS4 Wagon, with 2 guys 1900kg+ (4200lbs) On E80 and (Sunoco race methanol 50-50). Inrecoolers SRM V1.

https://ibb.co/h9x8sT IAT - No WMI temp in C

https://ibb.co/fy6CK8 IAT - WITH WMI
    That's a big different in IATs, wow. Thank you for sharing. Car is very quick and sounds great too!
    Imola 2001 Stage 3 S4: 312K - 2.4sec FATs - Completely Refreshed/Built Motor - SRM K24s w/ Custom Turbosmart wastegates - Clutchmasters Stage 4 - Etspec - Cinesnow WG/Oil Lines - SRM V3 Intercoolers - AA built trans - 4:1 Diff - JHM Trio - 034 - H&R Coilovers - FCP - Bosch Motorsports - OZ Racing - SRM/SSAC exhaust - Tons of New OEM parts

2009 C6.5 A6 3.0T Prestige - stock, daily driver

AZ Member #

So putting the engine and I apparently ruined the fitting on the spider hose going under the manifold. Is there a repair for these or is it best to just build a new one. Also the orings on the fittings for the back of the intake manifold were way loose. Are these parts available? I have know idea what they are called.

Veteran Member Four Rings vavJETTAw36's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by travis_w View Post
    So putting the engine and I apparently ruined the fitting on the spider hose going under the manifold. Is there a repair for these or is it best to just build a new one. Also the orings on the fittings for the back of the intake manifold were way loose. Are these parts available? I have know idea what they are called.

You can buy fittings via cheap vw breather hose. Part number 06F103221E. Ebay it.

Heat up hose and remove hose from fittings. You’ll have to run a new hose to the spider. May as well rebuild it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

That's what in contemplating. I'm sure there are thousands of threads on it.

Veteran Member Four Rings vavJETTAw36's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by travis_w View Post
    That's what in contemplating. I'm sure there are thousands of threads on it.

You’ll get caught up contemplating doing this deleting that etc. I chose to retain all counterparts and factory sized tubing.

Here’s just another design catered to my needs.

Just a few tips:
    - if you go plastic fittings use nylon.
    - i swapped from zip ties to crimped fittings after some leaking
    - you’ll want something that is resistant to oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Four Rings christianb5s4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Just make your own like vavJetta. I made my own reusing all the stock push fittings and running new heater core hose and it's lasted 3 years and counting. Plus, having flexible hose makes your life worlds easier to install and remove the spider hose assembly should you ever need to.
    Imola 2001 Stage 3 S4: 312K - 2.4sec FATs - Completely Refreshed/Built Motor - SRM K24s w/ Custom Turbosmart wastegates - Clutchmasters Stage 4 - Etspec - Cinesnow WG/Oil Lines - SRM V3 Intercoolers - AA built trans - 4:1 Diff - JHM Trio - 034 - H&R Coilovers - FCP - Bosch Motorsports - OZ Racing - SRM/SSAC exhaust - Tons of New OEM parts

2009 C6.5 A6 3.0T Prestige - stock, daily driver

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234