Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Toyota Prius 5

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by F80Dreamer View Post
    Great write up!!
    Quote Originally Posted by S4_Pedro View Post
    Good stuff there!

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Thanks!!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Toyota Prius 5

Quote Originally Posted by Logtec View Post
    Im interested how does the gearbox work with this box? I had a similar thing on my C7 A6 3.0T 5 years ago from this shop www.tuningbox.com and it was terrible. Under hard acceleration the car never couldn't figure out in what gear it should be and many times gearbox went to limp mode, I had to reset everything many times. It was a completely useless trash, I throwed it to the garbage after one week of using it.
    Out of the box the UK tunes are a little hard on the shifts which is why, in the US, DT-Power's USDM map is highly sought after. When I had my first box, Maps 1 & 2 where the original UK tunes and Map 3 was DT-P's USDM tune. Personally I never had a problem with Map 1 & 2 myself - the harder shifts didn't bother me, however, I would use Map 3 when I drove with family. The reason; the USDM tune removes the hard shifts and makes the experience OEM-like which for some creates a more enjoyable drive. With that said, the new beta USDM Maps 1 and 2 are like the USDM Map 3. All of them now feel OEM-like, they just apply the extra boost a little differently.

If you're looking for a some extra power and smooth delivery of it, I'd recommend considering a DTE Systems tuner from DT-Power. They offer a 14-day satisfaction guarantee which should be plenty of time to experiment with the box to see if it fits your liking. You may also want to speak with Aaron about his beta maps for Map 1 and 2. He's a great guy and I'd imagine he'd be willing to discuss this with you. I've seen post where Aaron has also created custom tunes for others that have performance mods on their car. Honestly, the experience is unlike any other which is why I chose the tuner from them over others.

Good luck no matter what you decide!

Senior Member Four Rings Jimmy ny's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Where can you buy this version of the box with the us market map?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 TTS. Mythos Black w/ Nappa Red interior. APR 1, AFE Intake

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Toyota Prius 5

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy ny View Post
    Where can you buy this version of the box with the us market map?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey jimmy, I got mine from DT-Power.com. Hope this helps!

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 S4 | 2018 Triumph Street Triple 765R

Quote Originally Posted by Yabi View Post
    S-branded rear red calipers

After several months of working with my local service dealer, I finally was able to have Audi replace the "cut out" rear calipers to the S-branded ones. In short, this was not an easy ordeal. It took a lot of effort on not only my part, but the service representative as well to have Audi approve the replacement under warranty but also source the proper parts.

For those of you who are not in the know, the S4 was originally released with S-branded red calipers if you purchased the S sport package. Without notice, Audi decided to no longer ship cars to the US with the S-branded calipers and opted for a "cut out" version. The reason for this is unclear; some claim it was a victimized part in reducing the cost of manufacturing (such as the missing trunk light and grocery hanger), while others claim it's due to heat generation. Either way, some S4s seem to have the "completed" caliper and others do not. In certain instances Audi will replace them under warranty but this seems to be on a case-by-case basis. For me, I struck luck with a Regional VP was at the dealership with my service advisor and he was familiar with the "completed" caliper look of the S4. Even with the RVP on board, I still had to provide a lot of information that Audi had replaced the calipers under warranty which needed to be backed by screen shots. I also leveraged Audi's S4 homepage that displays the S4 with the "completed" look.

While it took months for Audi to approve the repair, sourcing the parts wasn't any easy feat either. On more than one occasion my service department received the incorrect parts and had to start the sourcing all over again, many times needing to wait a month or more for a package to arrive from Germany before they could determine if it would fit the vehicle.

Because sourcing the correct parts was such a herculean effort, I wanted to take a moment and share the part numbers for everyone trying to have them replaced as it may save a lot of time;

Left: 8W0-615-403-H
    Right: 8W0-615-404-H
    Repair Kit: 8W0-698-221

Ultimately I am very happy with the results and it was well worth the time investment. I am very grateful to my local dealership for working as hard on this as they did. They were amazing in keeping me posted and updating me as they sourced different parts until they found the right ones. As my service center said, it's a small but noticeable upgrade. I'm very pleased.

Just stumbled on this thread and had a look at our car - same as you, came with the regular calipers.

My dealership is the "go above and beyond old-school German for the client" mentality and so I will be bringing this to their attention on Monday.

With the part numbers provided I'm sure this will expedite the discussion with Audi Canada.

If there is one thing that our S4 doesn't have that I really wish it did was red calipers : |

Thanks for your efforts and in sharing this information!!
    2018 S4 Glacier White
    2018 Triumph Street Triple R

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Toyota Prius 5

Quote Originally Posted by BenCDN View Post
    Just stumbled on this thread and had a look at our car - same as you, came with the regular calipers.

My dealership is the "go above and beyond old-school German for the client" mentality and so I will be bringing this to their attention on Monday.

With the part numbers provided I'm sure this will expedite the discussion with Audi Canada.

If there is one thing that our S4 doesn't have that I really wish it did was red calipers : |

Thanks for your efforts and in sharing this information!!

Sure thing mate! Good luck, let us know how you make out. Seems to be hit-or-miss getting these replaced at the Dealer. Hopefully you have good results!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Toyota Prius 5

Carbon Fiber ECU Cover by ECS Tuning

When you drive a cool car people always want to see what's under the hood... and let's admit, it's cool to show off what's under the S4. Everything is slick, black, with little pops of color. Overall the engine bay looks awesome, except for that ugly looking ECU! If the engine was a painting it would appear that the artist got 95% to completing a masterpiece just to abandoned it. Even a simple plastic overlay would look worlds better but it didn't happen - luckily there's aftermarket.

Today I had the pleasure of unboxing the Carbon Fiber ECU Cover by ECS Tuning which took about a week to arrive once the order was placed via economy ground.

Installation
    The ECU cover can be installed in minutes. All you'll need is a T30 Torx Driver to complete the install. The torx driver is used to undo two bolts that hold down the ECU to the frame of the vehicle. One the screws are removed simply insert the cover and reapply the screws. Be careful not to tighten them too hard as you may damage the carbon fiber. As for my installation I faced additional step in relocating my DTE Systems Tuner as the size of the cover would not allow me to keep it in the same location. I had to attach it to the front strut brace along with one of the lines that ran parallel to the tuner (see pictures). Overall the process was a breeze. I spent more time relocating the tuner then I did installing the cover.

Conclusion
    I am very pleased with the final look and with the ease of installation. The carbon is attractive and brings the sex appeal of the engine bay up a few notches. I can't wait to compliment it with an AWE AirGate! For the "who cares" of the world, this would be a pointless mod as it's really a mod for the owner and isn't something that's admired while you drive by. For me, I appreciate it and glad that I made the investment as I am no longer embarrassed since my masterpiece is finally looks complete!

Lessons learned
    When looking at the ECU there appears to be three screws associated with the unit, make sure you are unscrewing the correct two - the third one does not need to be touched. (see pictures).

Active Member Two Rings Muad'Dib721's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Q5 2.0T, 2018 S4 Prestige, 2008 A4 3.2 s-line

looks nice!!! are you looking to do the airbox too?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Toyota Prius 5

Quote Originally Posted by Muad'Dib721 View Post
    looks nice!!! are you looking to do the airbox too?
    Thanks! I'm just waiting for it to ship!

Active Member Two Rings Muad'Dib721's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Q5 2.0T, 2018 S4 Prestige, 2008 A4 3.2 s-line

Thanks! I'm just waiting for it to ship!
    nice... looking forward to seeing that too!

Registered User Three Rings AutoTalent's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Great write up!

Senior Member Two Rings S4_Pedro's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Nice! Everyone always asks me where the cover for the ecu and Iím like it came like that

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Carbon Fiber ECU Cover by ECS Tuning

When you drive a cool car people always want to see what's under the hood... and let's admit, it's cool to show off what's under the S4. Everything is slick, black, with little pops of color. Overall the engine bay looks awesome, except for that ugly looking ECU! If the engine was a painting it would appear that the artist got 95% to completing a masterpiece just to abandoned it. Even a simple plastic overlay would look worlds better but it didn't happen - luckily there's aftermarket.

Today I had the pleasure of unboxing the Carbon Fiber ECU Cover by ECS Tuning which took about a week to arrive once the order was placed via economy ground.

Installation
    The ECU cover can be installed in minutes. All you'll need is a T30 Torx Driver to complete the install. The torx driver is used to undo two bolts that hold down the ECU to the frame of the vehicle. One the screws are removed simply insert the cover and reapply the screws. Be careful not to tighten them too hard as you may damage the carbon fiber. As for my installation I faced additional step in relocating my DTE Systems Tuner as the size of the cover would not allow me to keep it in the same location. I had to attach it to the front strut brace along with one of the lines that ran parallel to the tuner (see pictures). Overall the process was a breeze. I spent more time relocating the tuner then I did installing the cover.

Conclusion
    I am very pleased with the final look and with the ease of installation. The carbon is attractive and brings the sex appeal of the engine bay up a few notches. I can't wait to compliment it with an AWE AirGate! For the "who cares" of the world, this would be a pointless mod as it's really a mod for the owner and isn't something that's admired while you drive by. For me, I appreciate it and glad that I made the investment as I am no longer embarrassed since my masterpiece is finally looks complete!

Lessons learned
    When looking at the ECU there appears to be three screws associated with the unit, make sure you are unscrewing the correct two - the third one does not need to be touched. (see pictures).

Only prob with carbon fiber under hood is the heat ....after short time it will look green.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Audizine mobile app

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Toyota Prius 5

Quote Originally Posted by AutoTalent View Post
    Great write up!

Thanks Dan!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Toyota Prius 5

Quote Originally Posted by S4_Pedro View Post
    Nice! Everyone always asks me where the cover for the ecu and Iím like it came like that

Same happened to me! Thatís when I started to think the same every time I opened the hood. I hope this is a lasting solution and I look forward to seeing how the cover and future AirGate will complement each other. Hopefully Iíll know soon!!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Toyota Prius 5

Quote Originally Posted by danaeroS4 View Post
    Only prob with carbon fiber under hood is the heat ....after short time it will look green.

I havenít heard of this being an issue and, respectfully, I hope youíre wrong. Time will tell I suppose. Thanks for the info!

Veteran Member Four Rings 1_clean_Audi's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 Nardo Gray S5 Sportback
    Items for Sale

S-branded rear red calipers

After several months of working with my local service dealer, I finally was able to have Audi replace the "cut out" rear calipers to the S-branded ones. In short, this was not an easy ordeal. It took a lot of effort on not only my part, but the service representative as well to have Audi approve the replacement under warranty but also source the proper parts.

For those of you who are not in the know, the S4 was originally released with S-branded red calipers if you purchased the S sport package. Without notice, Audi decided to no longer ship cars to the US with the S-branded calipers and opted for a "cut out" version. The reason for this is unclear; some claim it was a victimized part in reducing the cost of manufacturing (such as the missing trunk light and grocery hanger), while others claim it's due to heat generation. Either way, some S4s seem to have the "completed" caliper and others do not. In certain instances Audi will replace them under warranty but this seems to be on a case-by-case basis. For me, I struck luck with a Regional VP was at the dealership with my service advisor and he was familiar with the "completed" caliper look of the S4. Even with the RVP on board, I still had to provide a lot of information that Audi had replaced the calipers under warranty which needed to be backed by screen shots. I also leveraged Audi's S4 homepage that displays the S4 with the "completed" look.

While it took months for Audi to approve the repair, sourcing the parts wasn't any easy feat either. On more than one occasion my service department received the incorrect parts and had to start the sourcing all over again, many times needing to wait a month or more for a package to arrive from Germany before they could determine if it would fit the vehicle.

Because sourcing the correct parts was such a herculean effort, I wanted to take a moment and share the part numbers for everyone trying to have them replaced as it may save a lot of time;

Left: 8W0-615-403-H
    Right: 8W0-615-404-H
    Repair Kit: 8W0-698-221

Ultimately I am very happy with the results and it was well worth the time investment. I am very grateful to my local dealership for working as hard on this as they did. They were amazing in keeping me posted and updating me as they sourced different parts until they found the right ones. As my service center said, it's a small but noticeable upgrade. I'm very pleased.

juts stumble upon this and i have been dealing with this ever since i got my car. i was wondering if those part number would fit a S5 sportback?
    2018 Nardo Gray/Magma Red S5 Sportback

Instagram: 1_clean_audi

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I havenít heard of this being an issue and, respectfully, I hope youíre wrong. Time will tell I suppose. Thanks for the info!
    I put the carbon fiber on the engine cover and after couple months its greenish now and at a car meet I was recently at I seen guy with carbon fiber grille and air cover under hood and it was green looking, I asked him and he said it was black at one time.

Outside the car carbon fiber will remain black since it not under extreme heat from engine bay.

Unfortunately I'm not wrong it will happen:(

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Toyota Prius 5

Quote Originally Posted by 1_clean_Audi View Post
    juts stumble upon this and i have been dealing with this ever since i got my car. i was wondering if those part number would fit a S5 sportback?

I wish I knew the answer to that. Might be worth searching the part numbers and seeing what models they fit. Hopefully a couple internet searches could help! Good luck!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Toyota Prius 5

Quote Originally Posted by danaeroS4 View Post
    I put the carbon fiber on the engine cover and after couple months its greenish now and at a car meet I was recently at I seen guy with carbon fiber grille and air cover under hood and it was green looking, I asked him and he said it was black at one time.

Outside the car carbon fiber will remain black since it not under extreme heat from engine bay.

Unfortunately I'm not wrong it will happen:(

Thanks for the feedback. Iíll keep an eye on it. I know that carbon fiber has been used in the engine bay by OEMs and, if I recall correctly, Audi uses carbon fiber in the RS3. Going to do some research to see if it needs to be coated or treated to prevent the greening. Appreciate the heads up!

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Hi,

I just got the Repair Kit: 8W0-698-221 from the dealer. Will the install on the cut outs? Or do I also need the Left: 8W0-615-403-H
    Right: 8W0-615-404-H parts? Thanks!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Toyota Prius 5

Quote Originally Posted by eprestin View Post
    Hi,

I just got the Repair Kit: 8W0-698-221 from the dealer. Will the install on the cut outs? Or do I also need the Left: 8W0-615-403-H
    Right: 8W0-615-404-H parts? Thanks!

Unfortunately it requires the additional parts. The cutout will not fit without them.

Hope this helps!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123