Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Established Member Two Rings F80Dreamer's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Great write up!! I had a similar mod on a Mustang I owned a few years ago and it really did make a big difference.
    2018 S4 ó current ride
    2017 M3 ó sold
    2012 M3 ó sold
    2015 GTI ó sold
    2015 Mustang ó sold
    2011 335is ó sold

Senior Member Four Rings Jimmy ny's Avatar
    AZ Member #

To me this is dangerous mod. Itís a drive by wire accelerator pedal. You are making it really sensitive. Be careful with this mod. Itís of no use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 TTS. Mythos Black w/ Nappa Red interior. APR 1, AFE Intake

Established Member Two Rings S4_Pedro's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I like where you placed it looks clean and stealth ! Also I got my trunk light just waiting for a warmer ish day to put it

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Registered Member Two Rings Yabi's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Toyota Prius 5

Quote Originally Posted by F80Dreamer View Post
    Great write up!! I had a similar mod on a Mustang I owned a few years ago and it really did make a big difference.
    Thanks, Dreamer! I had s good time writing it up so Iím glad you enjoyed it. This is my first exposure into a pedal tuner and I must say, itís awesome.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Toyota Prius 5

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy ny View Post
    To me this is dangerous mod. Itís a drive by wire accelerator pedal. You are making it really sensitive. Be careful with this mod. Itís of no use.

Jimmy, you make a good point. Like with anything relating to cars and speed, you have to be comfortable with that youíre doing else you can put yourself or others in danger. This includes modifications like the pedal box that changes the way power is delivered. All of this is of personal preference to the driver and a mature driver needs to know when enough is enough. As I mentioned, I donít run in Sport+ and I often switch to City in stop and go traffic. The nice thing about this Pedal Box is that you can change it one notch at a time. Itís not an all or nothing option which I like. Just as with any mod, itís not for everyone and I appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Toyota Prius 5

Thanks Pedro! I really like the magnet release as I donít have to take my eye off the road to make an adjustment. Once I get the rear of the controller cleaned up Iíll take some before and after shots. Youíll like the trunk light and I expect you to share how you ran the wires!! Oh, and I might have something else on the way that belongs in the trunk....

Stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by Yabi View Post
    Got some shots of the ECS? You happy with it? Do share!
    oh, I just got the oem one through ecs. looks just like yours!

AZ Member #

As promised! I ended up doing it tonight at work so I ran the wires inside the trunk pics will be attached and what a night and day difference very happy with the results! IMG_1436.JPG so thatís before as Iím sure everyone knows. So the way I wired it was a little time consuming as I want that clean install and everything hidden so I grabbed some safety wire and fished it inside on the trunk bet the interior and trunk took about 15 mins to finally get it from end to end I just connect the two pieces of the safety once I had both ends fished out. IMG_1437.JPG IMG_1438.JPG IMG_1439.JPG IMG_1440.JPG IMG_1441.JPG once I had it all pulled through just gently shook it and pulled slowly till it all went through and came out the other end. Iíd say in total from start to finish maybe 30 mins or so. IMG_1444.JPG and bang! All done 100 percent worth it for me love it !

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Toyota Prius 5

Quote Originally Posted by S4_Pedro View Post
    As promised! I ended up doing it tonight at work so I ran the wires inside the trunk pics will be attached and what a night and day difference very happy with the results! IMG_1436.JPG so thatís before as Iím sure everyone knows. So the way I wired it was a little time consuming as I want that clean install and everything hidden so I grabbed some safety wire and fished it inside on the trunk bet the interior and trunk took about 15 mins to finally get it from end to end I just connect the two pieces of the safety once I had both ends fished out. IMG_1437.JPG IMG_1438.JPG IMG_1439.JPG IMG_1440.JPG IMG_1441.JPG once I had it all pulled through just gently shook it and pulled slowly till it all went through and came out the other end. Iíd say in total from start to finish maybe 30 mins or so. IMG_1444.JPG and bang! All done 100 percent worth it for me love it !

This is great! I may need to re-route mine, I like the way you did this, thanks for sharing!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by will13k7 View Post
    oh, I just got the oem one through ecs. looks just like yours!
    Roger that!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Toyota Prius 5

Something is coming...

Senior Member Four Rings Jimmy ny's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Yabi View Post
    Something is coming...

What ?

2016 TTS. Mythos Black w/ Nappa Red interior. APR 1, AFE Intake

AZ Member #

Youíre welcome! Just take a little time fishing it all but once it done itíll look great

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Toyota Prius 5

Hey guys! I got the boxes in today so here is a sneak peak.

Unfortunately the carbon fiber front lip came with some damage. ECS Tuning is taking care of a replacement so there will be a little wait until it can be installed. No worries, it happens in the shipping world.

In the meantime I'll get the grocery hook installed and update with some pictures!

Stay tuned!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Toyota Prius 5

Additional OEM Grocery Hook

When I first saw the grocery hook in the trunk I thought, "why on earth would you ever use that..." then I realized what I've been missing all my life. I couldn't believe how utilitarian this little bugger is. Once I realized there were pre-cut holes on the opposite side of the trunk for an additional one, I made it a priority to double up on grocery hanging goodness. The grocery hook I purchased was from ECS Tuning and came with the hook, two screws, and two screw clips. Shipping was on-time and the ordering process was very smooth.

It appears that the grocery hook from ECS Tuning is OEM, that or they did a very good job of crafting an identical match to the OEM one. The build quality is spot on and you immediately can tell that the hook will last the lifetime of the car. Honestly, there is no difference between the hook that came with the car and the one that ECS sent, only that one is installed and the other is in a box so let's fix that!

Installation
    Installation for the grocery hook is pretty straight forward; there are two square cut outs on the top frame of the trunk that allow you to push in the screw clips (see pics below). Once the clips are in place use the provided screws to mount your new grocery hook. I suggest taking your time by screwing in each side a little at a time. This will prevent the screw from going in at an angle which it would be forced to do so if you screwed in one side completely and then the other. I'm sure those more handy will disagree, but I found it the easiest to screw in each side "simultaneously" while making sure the screws went in straight. Once completed, the hook mounts flush with the frame of the car and works as expected.

Conclusion
    I mentioned in a previous write up about the OEM light that it felt as if the additional trunk light should have came with the car and I feel the same about the additional hook. It just fits so perfectly in the trunk and makes it more balanced when you peer inside. Plus the hook is a functional item that you'll use time and time again. For me, this is a no-brainer add-on for every S4 that goes to the store and comes home with bags. If you use the grocery hook that you have now then there is no reason not to compliment it with a second one. For just a few dollars, you'll add additional functionality to the vehicle for the life of ownership. What more could you want from a mod?

Lessons learned
    I assumed that the screws would require a traditional screw driver (as you can see in the photos below), however, it uses a hex key that does not come with your purchase. Be sure to have a set of hex keys (aka, Allan keys) before you install.
    While this should be trivial to most, make sure you mount the hook facing the correct way. If you do not the hook will come down in a reserved direction than the OEM hook and the rope handle will not be of value. Simply mimic the position of the OEM and/or take a moment to ensure your hook is facing the correct way before you begin to screw it in.

Below are before and after pictures along with a visual walkthrough of installation. I hope that you see there is nothing to this one and within minutes you'll be ready to go out and purchase groceries just to use your new hook! Overall, I am very happy and now I am going to go buy stuff so I can use it. TTFN!

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 Audi S4, 2016 Audi Q5

Another great write up! I like the "article" style of your posts and have enjoyed all you've posted so far. Gets me excited about even the little things with the car like trunk lights and grocery hooks. Great work!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Toyota Prius 5

Quote Originally Posted by Diokhan View Post
    Another great write up! I like the "article" style of your posts and have enjoyed all you've posted so far. Gets me excited about even the little things with the car like trunk lights and grocery hooks. Great work!

A great big "thank you", Diokhan! I try to write in a way that would appeal to someone like me, a car novice, but I hope it appeals to all audiences. I'm glad you are enjoying the write ups; I have a lot more planned for the future so there should be a good amount of new content to come. Appreciate your support!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12