Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Established Member Four Rings kjeeper10's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Jeep Wrangler JK

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    What do you guys mean by numb steering?
    Only Issue i find is it tends to be loose. I cant comfortably drive with one hand because it tends to wander and pick up road imperfections. I noticed Audiís have lower caster numbers (3į)
    Ive seen BMW for example at much higher 8į.
    Coming from the world of lifted jeeps low caster = shitty steering. After lifting if caster is brought back up it wanders all over the place. 1į makes a big difference at least with a jeep.
    2015 Audi S5, Daytona Grey Pearl, B&O sound, 6 speed, sport differential, Opti-pro coat, Mods - CR-15 - Open Road Tuning adjustable coilovers - Chipwerke Pro - CTS intake - 19x9.5 Advanti Racing wheels - 255 Sumi HTR-Z III Summer tires - Weathertech floor mats - S5 door logo lights - Red LED Footwell lighting.

Veteran Member Four Rings shonseb's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '16 Audi A4 P+ competition plus, '15 Audi A3, '05 Camry

I hate the auto windshield wiper system. I feel sometimes it doesn't wipe enough and other times it does when not necessary. I wish I could disable it and just set it manually

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by shonseb View Post
    I hate the auto windshield wiper system. I feel sometimes it doesn't wipe enough and other times it does when not necessary. I wish I could disable it and just set it manually
    You can disable the automatic wipers and use your wipers as you would in any other car. Options in your MMI

If you are talking about changing the sensitivity or timing of it. That might be a vagcom thing.

Veteran Member Four Rings jkownz's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 RS 5

Worst thing I hate about my 5 is I had to pay for it. I feel like such a great piece of machinery should be given away for free for all to use. =D. But seriously I hate the chime when you have to door open and also the third windshield wipe when you use the windshield cleaner. Hate how I have to be stationed for it not to trigger. Also don't like that the sun roof cannot be fully opened completely.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    MODS 2015 Audi RS5 / Custom Made Headlights / Full Xpel PPF / Tinted / Blackvue DR650G / Eventuri Intake / BLK 501GTR'S 20X10.5's All around / Storage Bins / Euro Folding Mirrors / Capristo Exhaust / A.W.E Non-Res Downpipe / CF Engine Cover / 034 Transmission Mount Insert / Apikol Rear Differential Mount Insert / 034 Rear Diff Carrier Mounts / Euro Tail Lights + Sweep Module / L.E.D Interior Lighting / Airlfit 3H Bag Suspension /

Established Member Three Rings PeteRock's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Sazexa View Post
    That was one of my least favorite things about my S5 from the factory, steering feed back. I think they focus a bit too much on luxury in that department, and hence it makes the car feel numb. I have changed to the 034MotorSport front strut mounts, and the 034 Density Line control arms. That has helped steering response and feed back quite a bit. I'd imagine adding something like the CR-15 or Alu Kreuz/034 aluminum sub brace would really top it off as well.
    Spot on....I would have loved my S5 to come right from Audi with all of these enhancements but at the end of the day the A5/S5s are grand touring luxury cars.

I added KW DDC ECU Coilovers, H&R Front and Rear Sway Bars and installed pretty much everything that 034 Motorsports offers in the way of Sway Bar End Links, Outer Tie Rods, Adjustable Rear Toe Links, Strut Mounts, Motor, Transmission, Differential and Sub-Frame Mounts and Control Arms but I went with the Track version of their Front Upper Control Arms so the Camber could really be manipulated.

I also went with the Alu Kreuz, CR-15 and full set of Ultra Racing Front, Middle and Rear Chassis Braces.

The final step was a Wheel Alignment and Corner Balancing and now the car is glued to the pavement, has Zero body roll and essentially goes wherever I point it.

This setup is obviously a bit extreme but if you Track your car and want/need this type of performance out of the A5/S5 you can get it.

Pete

AZ Member #

My only real gripe is all the rattling I have in the dash. It might be the AWE track exhaust I have but damn at 2000-3500 sounds like my dash is coming apart. I know I can fix it, but I don't really have the time.

As for the comments about getting walked by a mustang... Never had that issue really. But I'm running stage 2+ so it really moves. Even if 90% of the time I'm doing 30-35mph in traffic lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Presets being wiped after a sxm channel update
    2016 S5 Brilliant Black | Black Optics | Alu-optic | Tint | Black 19" rotors | Black emblems | CR15

Established Member Four Rings kjeeper10's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Jeep Wrangler JK

Thanks for the window open after rain storm sunroof shower... oh wait you did lol
    2015 Audi S5, Daytona Grey Pearl, B&O sound, 6 speed, sport differential, Opti-pro coat, Mods - CR-15 - Open Road Tuning adjustable coilovers - Chipwerke Pro - CTS intake - 19x9.5 Advanti Racing wheels - 255 Sumi HTR-Z III Summer tires - Weathertech floor mats - S5 door logo lights - Red LED Footwell lighting.

Established Member Three Rings snocat17's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 S5 Prestige Cab, 2008 GMC Hennessey HPE 450 Sierra

Quote Originally Posted by jkownz View Post
    ...But seriously I hate the chime when you have to door open...
    Push the lower button on the end of your right stalk to silence if the door is open for a while.
    -Joe
    2016 S5 Cabriolet Prestige Glacier White Metallic w/ brown comfort seats and piano wire black wood trim. RED Brake calipers holding EBC RedStuff pads, VCDS cable

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by snocat17 View Post
    Push the lower button on the end of your right stalk to silence if the door is open for a while.
    Nice.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234